Easiest Muse Song to Play on Guitar For Beginners?

Natural_Disaster

Honestly, I think Muse songs would be rather difficult for someone who is an absolute beginner, especially if they're not getting lessons. But persistence can go a long way! Honestly, I would hate to play New Born when I was still at the stage of feeling awkward with my picking (perhaps not even alternate picking yet?). Then again maybe I'm assuming too much of a beginner!

Also, if a person is a beginner, moving swiftly and smoothyl from chords (or God forbid, BARRE chords!) can often be a difficult task. For the first 4 months I played scales and single notes, and couldn't play chords worth crap! haha

lol, you have to begin with chords, surely?

this.

chords and basic scales should come first on most instruments really.

if you have a few lessons and do a few associated board of the royal schools of music grade examinations (practical and theory) it will really help you to pick up the songs you want to play alot faster fo sho.

i did alot of grades for piano and guitar with the ABRSM and you get to learn some pretty awesome songs

I suggest you learn some chords before you start one.

oh yea, i know loads... its just i'm gonna start one when my mate from Mexico, myself and the only decent drummer in school get together, gonna be a laugh...:LOL:

i'm more of a catchy riff kinda guy than chords, but if/when the need arises i can whap out some pretty snazzy chord changes...

Pianist Ya-see? learnt them before on the piano, so its just moving them from a keyboard to a fretboard...:happy:

• 2 years later...

I first started out to learn G, C, Am, and Em chords. the first Muse song I learned was starlight acoustic, fairly simple...Once I started playing electric Uprising was the easiest just takes some getting used to, but once you've got the rhythm~ and I'm sure you've got the rhythm I mean the song was carved into my brain before I even tried to learn it xD

I'd go with SMBH or TIRO, the only semi hard bit in TIRO is that solo after the first and second chorus, other than that, easy. Especially with SMBH I made up my own solo to cover the fact I don't own a Kaoss Pad :$

Starlight, Nishe, Plug In Baby and Unintended are the easiest in my opinion. Most Muse songs aren't too hard to learn though.

We're talking about beginners here... I've been playing for nearly 8 years and still can't play the TIRO solo properly. And if I'd tried Plug In Baby when I was just starting I wouldn't have any fingers.

Try SMBH, not too hard. One of those songs that's great for beginners as it's pretty easy but there's a couple of little bits that are tricky for a beginner, helps you improve.

And HANG ON. Since when is there a solo after the first AND second chorus in TIRO? :wtf:

Archived