Seems like sensationalist bull. Id prefer seeing a real Waka but i guess it would be even more expensive. Hello, by the way haha!

Hello! Are you studying at Vic?

I'm taking a 'proper' bus for the first time in years today, I have literally no idea what to do. :LOL:

Should be meeting Angus this weekend though. :awesome:

Excite!

I managed to revive it by temporarily removing the battery then putting back in, but it feels rather temporary.

It's randomly changing its setting between silent, vibrate, quiet and the loudest possible setting. :unsure:

My supervisor said today that there's nothing at all that needs changing in the third chapter of my thesis, and that I'm one of the easiest students he's ever had to supervise. Bit stunned by that, to be honest!

But I'm still worried that whoever it is that actually marks my thesis won't share his positive view of it. They'll probably spot some calamitous flaw in my whole argument, and it'll all turn out a bit shit.

FINALLY saw the Naked And Famous tonight! Massive thanks to _Ed_ for pointing out that they were opening for Foals and that Foals was changed to an all-ages show.

My mates and I made a sign for them. Alisa in particular got a good laugh out of it.

206802_1978784790770_1277667442_2375295_8131709_n.jpg

She said something along the lines of "thank you Seattle for the warm welcome... and the sign!" and being three from the front or so I shouted back "Hello from Auckland! Welcome to Seattle!"

They didn't play Serenade, unfortunately, but the sign's still alive, even after Foals, but judging by how well they were received I daresay they'll be coming back to the US in due time. :)

And once again massive thanks to _Ed_ for the notification!

With regards to the showcase of Maori culture in the world cup, my tribe have already selled out in the most extraordinary way. Even my lecturer brought it up in conversation and I was all 'It's a sin' (in Maori, so the meaning isn't like... Old Testament God coming down to smite the peoples of Sodom or whatever) and he was all 'Yeah, it totally is.' :facepalm:

As to that pavilion ...I still don't entirely understand the idea of a waka-shaped pavilion, like, an upside-down waka? So all the necessary bits like the tauihu will have to be carved/otherwise modelled the wrong way around, so that viewers see them right-side up?

I think my cellphone has died of old age. :(
You have my sympathy. The phone I'd had since I was 14 died on me in August last year. It had photographs in it I'd kept, all that time...

I'm kind of hating the mid-semester break. I never thought I'd dislike a holiday, but I do. I can't wait until I catch a bus south next week for Easter.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the break, and about you're cellphone's sad demise. :(

Must admit I had no idea it was mid-semester break until I got to uni on Monday morning and found the place completely deserted! I'm so out of touch.

Edited by _Ed_

It's just that I'm finding myself bored out of my brain, but too exhausted to properly commit myself to studying, so I feel guilty whenever I'm not at uni, but then I get there and muck around/stare blankly into space/struggle not to fall asleep, and I leave again. I've wandered around the domain for hours now, because whenever I'm not at uni, I put off going home. I'm too broke to text anyone back, so I think everyone might think I'm totally standoffish atm, also.

It did kind of feel like post-grad reassertion day on Monday when I was up there :chuckle:

Haha, yeah, it's safe for us to come out of hiding.

I'm really familiar with that feeling of being at uni and being completely unproductive! That's the way most of my days at uni have been for the last couple of weeks. I usually end up walking the other way - down to the waterfront and around the Viaduct.

People will hopefully understand your texting situation.

Oh yeah? I like the way the Auckland wharf, unlike Wellington's, still functions as a proper wharf, but that means I'm more apprehensive about wandering around down there. I go to the ferry terminal when I go stay with my cousin's on Waiheke, and I've visited my mum's posh friends who have an apartment on the viaduct, but other than that I steer clear.

Also, if I were to be living in the CBD, but wanted to go to the beach, which beach could I go to?

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the break, and about you're cellphone's sad demise. :(

Must admit I had no idea it was mid-semester break until I got to uni on Monday morning and found the place completely deserted! I'm so out of touch.

Oh Rich :LOL: I'm at uni all the time during the break because we don't have internet at home. How sad.

Also, if I were to be living in the CBD, but wanted to go to the beach, which beach could I go to?

Hey Lenny! :happy: I didn't know you were in Auckland. At least, I don't think I did... :erm:

Anyway, I'd say Mission Bay. You can get the bus from downtown and its pretty nice. Sandy and there's a park and the fountain and proper icecream places. In summer there's always stuff happening there like people going windsurfing or people with kayaks for hire, so its quite nice for people-watching.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The North Shore beaches are lovely (Takapuna, etc), but quite a mission to get to from the CBD.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OREN! :)

candles.gif

Hope you have a great day.

Edited by _Ed_

Happy Birthday Oren!

v_hits_cuntdown.png

:chuckle:

:LOL:

Hey Lenny! :happy: I didn't know you were in Auckland. At least, I don't think I did... :erm:
I came up for law, so I've been here now since the last day of Feb :awesome:

Being in papers with people who're 17/18 (you can't cross-credit aegrotat passes, which is how I passed most of my papers at Vic, so I pretty much have to restart my BA) makes me feel infinitely relieved to no longer be a teenager... though I get ID'd at the movies up here, and child tickets on the bus, so I don't think that translates physically very well... whatever. It saves me money.

And thank you both for the beach advice! Even though it's late autumn... I don't care. I grew up in Wellington, damnit. That means that your beaches in winter are what I'm used to in midsummer.

I have to say I'm really disappointed in the way that Moa beer is going. :( It seems that they think that flashy packaging, controversial marketing and image is more important than what they sell. I have no idea what their new beer is about other than they're calling it a breakfast beer.

Feel it's going a bit like Brewdog is going in Scotland. Where do you draw the line of calling yourself a craft beer while in the same breathe you are trying to mass produce and take a large worldwide market share?

Yeah, I definitely think your concerns are valid - and I see you raised them on Facebook as well, which is excellent.

I like that Galbraiths are selling some of their beers in supermarkets now with little more than plain white packaging. Shows they've got their priorities right. :yesey: