What else are they planning to do on that program?

Edit: Rodney Hide is the Associate Minister for Education - and he holds the portfolio for Special Needs. He becomes a special needs teachers aide for two days.

Edited by JoBear

I think I just finished my thesis. :erm: Sipping a celebratory beer.

I hope I didn't leave anyone off the acknowledgements page - thanked my supervisor, the Postgrad adviser and 'family and friends' (which includes you lot, naturally).

Congrats Rich! Proud of ya! :D

Hi all, i saw this nz music video the other day and thought it was great

and it's a perfect day outside too :)

Cool video. I'm looking forward to driving around the top of the north island sometime in the near future...

What else are they planning to do on that program?

Edit: Rodney Hide is the Associate Minister for Education - and he holds the portfolio for Special Needs. He becomes a special needs teachers aide for two days.

From the ads it looks like mostly National people, but also Rodney and a token Labour MP - Trevor Mallard. I think I'll pass on the rest of the series.

Can you believe Don Brash going for the leadership of Act when he's not even a member of the party? That's an impressive display of fucking arrogance.

Congrats Rich! Proud of ya! :D

Thanks! :)

I've been living in Melbourne for a year....am I still allowed to post in here once every year and a half?

Haha, definitely.

Went to have my thesis bound today, and the uni binding place was CLOSED!

It takes them three working days to bind your thesis.

Is it too much to ask for them to be open today, four working days out from the DUE DATE for people finishing their Masters this semester?

I thought I was done stressing.

Finally managed to get the thesis to the binders today. The woman there said they would "try to have it done by Friday, but no gurantees". And she seemed annoyed at me for not getting it to them sooner. Well, I would have given it to you earlier if you had been fucking open.

So does Don Brash expect to just take over Epsom? If he doesn't, then essentially Act is dead in the water no?

He's apparently going to be leader outside Parliament for the rest of this term, then have John Banks run for Epsom in the election. It hurts me to say it, but he'll win that. :( Especially if National 'target the party vote' in that electorate, which is what they said they would do.

Wow.

Unbelievable puns on the news tonight.

The final ACT for Rodney Hide after a Brash move.

After days of playing Hide and seek over the leadership...

To tear the final strips off Rodney's Hide, Don Brash wants to install John Banks in Epsom.

Seriously.

Very true. :(

MMP isn't without flaws, but it's so much better than FPP. I wrote more than one essay at uni arguing that!

The one other thing I would change about MMP is I'd make candidates choose whether to contest an electorate or be on the list - I've always believed that if someone gets rejected by an electorate, they shouldn't still get in off the list.

But the referendum won't let us say that. It'll be a question like "IS MMP PERFECT?"

Shit, it's Mother's Day next week.

I've got some thinking to do.

My Mum told me that when I was talking to her on the phone yesterday. I've got a good excuse though, "Well, it doesn't count as it's not Mother's Day in England."

That's a sensational excuse. :yesey:

My party's exactly two weeks away today. The attendance is currently looking at falling a little bit short of my original estimate of 40. :LOL: The photo I put on the Facebook invite must have scared a few people off.