That would be ideal. The thought of Brash, Banks and Douglas having some influence on government is unbelievably ghastly.

Bit of a waste of time Hone Harawira announcing a by-election in his electorate today so he can stand for his new party. The general election's not that far away!

Sam Scott tweeted that only Michael Laws had to join Act and they would have all the wankers in one place.

:LOL:

I must admit I did kinda feel sorry for Rodney Hide, Don Brash seemed to just come out of nowhere!

Yeah, exactly. I hated how he announced his bid for the leadership before he'd even joined the fucking party. What a knob. And then, in 24 hours, the MPs went from "supporting Rodney Hide 100%" to voting for Brash!

And then the news did like an obituary for his political career, and it was really just all his embarrassing stuff - dropping his dance partner, tripping over and crashing into the wall while stepping up to make his first speech after being picked as party leader, etc. :LOL: Poor Rodney.

I don't particularly care for Rodney Hide, but if Don Brash tries to bring back interest on student loans, I'mma protest in the streets.

As previously stated, I'll only ever pay the minimum needed, and if that barely covers my interest, then so it shall be :LOL:

I'll just never get a job. Tax THAT, Inland Revenue!

If you go overseas, it doesn't matter if you don't have income, they'll make you pay it back. Guarantee that National take away the repayment holiday this year.

Student loan repayment ain't a tax either. :p

More hypocrisy in this week's Make The Politician Work. Rodney Hide recognising the importance of special needs schools and teachers. But are his party in favour of giving them funding?

I also laughed at the obvious last-minute changes - the slightly different-sounding voiceover saying "former ACT party leader". :LOL:

His wiki says something about doing political commentary.

I just worked out that on my income in NZ I would have student loan deductions of $4500...I think I paid $1200 on it last year. The exchange rate is a bitch at the moment. I want to keep the money in the UK!