You know what really annoys me? John Key taking the DPS to Hawaii. The sort of people making "threats" to his safety are pissed off New Zealanders who aren't going to have the money to travel to Hawaii to harm the guy.

Also the comments on the stuff article made me laugh and then want to cry at the same time. I don't get the John Key love and the Helen Clark hate.

Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous that he took them with him to Hawaii. And he says it's not his decision. :LOL:

Well done to Labour for publishing Helen Clark's letters asking not to have DPS protection on her overseas trips.

Well, I finally found something that might help me get into an ideal career path after I graduate. Its a publishing course run by Whitireia New Zealand, which is like a polytech. Its a diploma in publishing, and includes all sorts of fancy hands-on experience, plus the opportunity for an internship at the end. The only problem is that its in Wellington.

:(

What is it that you don't like about Wellington? I've really enjoyed the few months I've been here so far.

Not so much Wellington itself- I'd just hate to be away from family and friends for a whole year. I'd get really lonely and probably become even more addicted to the internet than I already am, aha. Yeah, I'd hate the idea of missing out on all the developments with my friends and stuff.

Edit: I sent an enraged letter to Craccum today because some dick's car alarm kept going off on Princes Street. If it gets printed, you'll know that's from me :LOL:

I remember feeling like that for years, and my first year living away at University in Dunedin I went home regularly, almost every weekend in the first semester. I used to get really homesick as a child wondering what my family was up to without me.

My second year at University my parents moved to the US and I didn't see them for nearly a year and I haven't seen them for a year again now. I'd love to see them and look at flights to Australia constantly but ugh, 22 hours + flying...

I do like when I or they live overseas that my parents are awake in the middle of the night and I can call them when I can't sleep. Can't do that at home, they'd tell me to go back to bed.

I guess with Skype and stuff now days its easier to keep in touch with everyone, but I still think I'd get very lonely. Anyway probably better to try and get a job after graduation and stuff first anyway- I'd like to do some travelling and stuff before I get set into a real career, and it would be nice to have money if I was going to move to Wellington.

Yeah, sounds like a good plan.

I'm planning to work quite a bit for the rest of this year (whether it's in my current job or the other one I applied for), and hopefully go to the US and UK next May-June. Hope I can save enough for that.

I'm planning to work quite a bit for the rest of this year (whether it's in my current job or the other one I applied for), and hopefully go to the US and UK next May-June. Hope I can save enough for that.

Oh that would be awesome! I was thinking about a trip to the UK myself- maybe stay with some Musers.

BEER TOUR :awesome:

I think now is the time to do future study. It's tough as a graduate to get a job. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever have a career as such or just continue my cycle of new job, boredom, part time uni study, move countries, repeat. I'm up to starting part time study again.

Yeah I'm going to do distance learning at Massey. Thinking certificate of business studies to get some background in accountancy and finance. I can also take a social policy paper as interest and if I like it, I could always change to a Bachelor.

Thought about doing tax study/exams in the UK but it wouldn't be relevant back home and I don't want to stay here forever.

Cool, sounds good. :)

Impressively bad puns in the news story about jandal being removed from the official Scrabble dictionary. "A flip-flop by Scrabble". "Scrabble can't handle the jandal."