"What I don't like about it is the message it sends to young people is go out and borrow."

So obviously we either make them borrow more, ask their parents to pay for it completely, or they just can't go to university.

I love how this government blames all the problems their generation caused on our government.

Nervous about tomorrow - meeting with my supervisor at 12, then someone I've never met before in my life is going to be filming my audition for that Hamilton job. Haven't figured out what I'm going to say in that audition yet either. :erm: I always like to fall back on self-deprecating humour, but that might not be the best option here when I'm trying to impress people.

Plus I'm still not sure I even want that job.

So with all that to worry about, sleep might not be easy to find tonight - especially when you factor in the lingering disappointment after my former boss said at work today that she can't make it to my party next month because she has a friend's wedding that day. I don't think I did a good job of disguising the crushing disappointment in my voice when I said "Aw." Who gets disappointed to hear a friend's friend is getting married?

Then I overcompensated with "FAIR ENOUGH! :D" Oh dear. :facepalm:

Edited by _Ed_

Audition was alright. Made a few mistakes, but might keep those in rather than editing them out - my reactions to those mistakes were probably pretty much the best thing about the whole audition. Stuff like, "really, Richard?"

I think I just finished my thesis. :erm: Sipping a celebratory beer.

I hope I didn't leave anyone off the acknowledgements page - thanked my supervisor, the Postgrad adviser and 'family and friends' (which includes you lot, naturally).

Edited by _Ed_

That whole thing about Prince William and now the Queen coming to NZ for the World Cup is so fucking irritating. John Key is like "we need Labour's permission" because of the whole rules about the Royals visiting a Commonwealth so close to elections and being seen to support a party.

BUT...if John Key is then using the possibility of a visit being up to whether or not Labour agree, then it becomes about how Labour said no and wouldn't let the Royal visits and John Key and National are the superior party. Everyday kiwis will go "LABOUR DIDN'T LET THE QUEEN COME." And from the sounds of it, the Queen definitely doesn't have any intention to visit unless he's intending to use Christchurch and Pike River Coal as a guilt trip.

In other news, randomly I get to vote in the referendum for changing the voting system in the UK even though I can't vote in the actual elections. It's a bit ridiculous even if I am a Commonwealth citizen. The scaremongering and general misinformation about AV is hilarious as well as scary. The one that me laugh was saying that under AV Nick Clegg would get back into the government by breaking promises. But he got into the government under FPP and broke all his promises. Also apparently it's okay to say it's only democracy if you have only one vote.

Also, this article:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4920204/Good-Friday-free-for-all-at-Pak-n-Save

Why were people going to the supermarket anyway? People do this every year, especially on the trademe forums. "Is the supermarket open today?" It's not like it's changed in like forever, the shops are always closed ANZAC and Waitangi mornings before 1pm, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day. How hard is that to remember?! Glad I haven't had to experience the panic of the day before or after because the supermarket has been closed here. Although I prefer it in NZ when there are days that shops must close just so people have a chance to be together as much as possible. The wee grocery shop around the corner didn't even close on Christmas Day. :stunned:

that's pretty cool, i can identified most of the south island places but not so much the north! i really need to make sure i do that when i come home, i always thought i'd travel around a summer here, lazy my way back in time to spend the NZ summer touring the north island.

I can't believe how bad the new show Make The Politician Work was tonight.

It should have been called "Yay Paula Bennett!" Half an hour of her smiling and empathising with the less fortunate at the Wellington City Mission. And she stretched the Mission's budget to give each person a bit more food and drink than they would usually get. Shame she can't do that with the Social Development Ministry's budget...

And there was no mention of the fact that some of her decisions have adversely impacted the lives of these very people she's having these lovely conversations with.

Edited by _Ed_