Who is your favorite member of Define Tension  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite member of Define Tension

• Jorge (Bass)
    • Alex (Drums)
    • Eric (Vocals)
    • Beau (Guitar)
    • Chad (Guitar)

I'm afraid to end up in this thread. Although it motivates me to do better.

What I don't understand is why the fuck on earth anyone would post videos of themselves playing so incredibly shitty?!?!

I used to think I wasn't that good, but holy shite -- seeing this garbage makes me look like fucking Steve Vai! :LOL:

What I don't understand is why the fuck on earth anyone would post videos of themselves playing so incredibly shitty?!?!

I used to think I wasn't that good, but holy shite -- seeing this garbage makes me look like fucking Steve Vai! :LOL:

Well sometimes it's hard to judge your own playing. You may be pleased with it yourself even i it is fundamentally shit

Well sometimes it's hard to judge your own playing. You may be pleased with it yourself even i it is fundamentally shit

I completely understand that but sometimes it is just baffling how people can post something on the internet and think it's decent.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll ever post covers on the internet and I've been playing for nigh on five years. I'm afraid to end up in this thread or that my friends will see it :$

..oh and I don't have any decent recording equipment but that's more of a relief than anything :LOL:

Normally I though I might think I'm good at something, but when I review the recording I realize what parts are complete shit. I mean do they like upload the video and just never see it or something?

Also what's up with the related videos on that New Born video?

If I'm playing and I can hear that it's not going well it really gets to me. I'll never stop the song to correct things or restart and if I do, I find it so embarrassing. I think I'm fairly good at being aware of how well I'm doing, just not good at dealing with it.

Having a good day feels fucking amazing though, I end up beaming after every song. Everything just seems to go effortlessly perfect on those days :happy:

If I'm playing and I can hear that it's not going well it really gets to me. I'll never stop the song to correct things or restart and if I do, I find it so embarrassing. I think I'm fairly good at being aware of how well I'm doing, just not good at dealing with it.

Is this during a live performance with people watching? If not, you're being WAY to hard on yourself! Playing an instrument is supposed to be a fun stress release. Not the other way around! :)

The other thing to keep in mind is that when a whole band is playing together, mistakes from any one individual are far less noticeable. Especially when distortion and volume are added in. Of course a band will never be able to completely cover up mediocre ability of any one instrument, but they can mask, or subdue, some mistakes. If you truly do SUCK, people will let you know! :D Otherwise, go listen to some live Nirvana, notice the obvious clams, note that you don't give a fuck, and keep rocking! :D

I wish I had people to play with :$

Otherwise I'm just alone in that. The worst thing that bothers me though is when the guitar can't stay in tune. I don't know why I just can't keep playing until the tuning sounds decent.

Oh yea! Sounds like ass, I know. Tune up before you play with a smart tuner of some kind. If your guitar won't stay in tune at all whatsoever, then have it checked & set up by a pro. New strings will fly out quickly -- especially if you're bending a lot. Guitars with whammy set ups (like Strats) will fly out faster that fixed bridges. If you're really insecure about your learning curve, then play with headphones. Most importantly, have FUN! :)

I don't think my E-P cover is particularly bad, I just have self-confidence issues :LOL:

Normally I though I might think I'm good at something, but when I review the recording I realize what parts are complete shit. I mean do they like upload the video and just never see it or something?

Also what's up with the related videos on that New Born video?

I'll judge on how well I'm doing during my actual playing of the piece before even considering even reviewing the tape. If it's a collosal cock-up, I'll practice more and retry. :3

I don't really care for trolling, as I'm my own critic :LOL:

This always confuses me. I remember on like the second day I had my guitar I tuned it to who knows what and tried playing Plug In Baby. It took like 3 seconds to realize it sounded wrong and I spent like an hour figuring out how to make it sound correct before I realized the tuning was wrong.

Maybe it's cause I'd been playing other instruments long before so I had some idea of playing music.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to think of the playing, but interesting effects.

[YT]

[/YT]

This always confuses me. I remember on like the second day I had my guitar I tuned it to who knows what and tried playing Plug In Baby. It took like 3 seconds to realize it sounded wrong and I spent like an hour figuring out how to make it sound correct before I realized the tuning was wrong.

Maybe it's cause I'd been playing other instruments long before so I had some idea of playing music.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to think of the playing, but interesting effects.

[YT]

[/YT]

That PiB riff is disgusting, the rest isn't too bad. Such a waste of a beautiful guitar :/

I'm always trying to figure out if I need to tune up or down, don't ask why :LOL:

As for the cover you posted Ku - I had a novelty 'police line do not cross' strap like that once, until I took an arrow in the knee...

It's that bad-a-strap I recycled that joke for the 2390123920 time. I use a Manson Ltd ed red logo strap now ;)

Guest Batman.

[YT]

[/YT]

I didn't think that was THAT bad actually, he's getting into it a bit too much though.. :LOL:

That PiB riff is disgusting, the rest isn't too bad. Such a waste of a beautiful guitar :/

I'm always trying to figure out if I need to tune up or down, don't ask why :LOL:

As for the cover you posted Ku - I had a novelty 'police line do not cross' strap like that once, until I took an arrow in the knee...

It's that bad-a-strap I recycled that joke for the 2390123920 time. I use a Manson Ltd ed red logo strap now ;)

W00PW00PW00PW00PW00P.

As you can probably tell, I quite like Skyrim.

Archived