MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

I love MK Ultra, but I just did a ton of research, and found out it was an illegal interrogation research program used by the CIA during the Cold War-era. They used drugs, trauma-based electro-chock, hypnosis and other methods to basically beat the Chinese and Russians at mind control research. They also paid people to sell off their kids to be used as guinea pigs for the program. So now... the song also freaks me out. Still love it, though. ^_^;;;

• 2 weeks later...
I read that Matt didn't play it live because he found it hard to sing and play at the same time, but because it was requested so profusely on the messageboard he practised and now he can! I think its on the setlist now too, (not 100%sure)

Yeah he did say that, but he also said on numerous UK Interviews that it was one of the first songs he wrote with the live show in mind and that he was confident they could play everything from The Resistance no problem.

So basically he lies, lots

Teach us to cheat

And to lie, cover up

What shouldn't be shared?

And perfectly understandable in an interview situation. You can't always be 100% honest in any situation. You have to protect yourself and the feelings and confidences of other people and I reckon in an interview, sometimes you have to think of something to say when you haven't actually considered the question, hence you reply with the first thing that comes into your head.

But I don't think he lies a lot and I don't think he lied about finding it difficult to perform MK Ultra initially. Sounds perfectly plausable to me. I don't remember him saying that they could perform all the songs live no problem but maybe he was thinking of the songs they were planning to perform, which might not have been MK Ultra at that point if it was difficult to perform.

People are too literal! :p

Maybe he thought he could play it live, or maybe he could but wanted to be better. At least he can now!

He wanted to make Zane Lowe look a right tit.

"See Muse are awesome, not even released the album and can already play everything live from it, get tickets guys"

and then :facepalm:

Maybe he thought he could play it live, or maybe he could but wanted to be better. At least he can now!

Yes could be.

And while we're on the subject of Matt not being truthful. I think he embellishes, he's got a dry sense of humour :) but I actually find him, on the whole, to be consistent in what he says and very genuine. The words of Citizen Erased illustrate someone who isn't comfortable with distorting the truth, and I've also been surprised, on occasion, how candid he has been.

I don't know. I think there's lots of folklore on this site! :D

Yes could be.

And while we're on the subject of Matt not being truthful. I think he embellishes, he's got a dry sense of humour :) but I actually find him, on the whole, to be consistent in what he says and very genuine. The words of Citizen Erased illustrate someone who isn't comfortable with distorting the truth, and I've also been surprised, on occasion, how candid he has been.

I don't know. I think there's lots of folklore on this site! :D

That was back in 2001 though, a completely different band. I bet he tells loads of fibs now.

That was back in 2001 though, a completely different band. I bet he tells loads of fibs now.

He may be more diplomatic now and more used to the ways of the business which makes the occasional porky easier! But honestly I don't see where these assumptions are actually coming from.

Though I'm a bit suspicious that you are pulling my leg! :LOL:

His face is so 2001. He needs to upgrade to a 2008 version

Dude it's 2010 now. ;)

He may be more diplomatic now and more used to the ways of the business which makes the occasional porky easier! But honestly I don't see where these assumptions are actually coming from.

Though I'm a bit suspicious that you are pulling my leg! :LOL:

I'm not! He's promised us for years he was gonna do stage shows with UFOs landing on the crowd and him zooming all over the place in a rocket pack and it never happened. The guy's full of poo!

Archived