MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

It's that whole 'mainstream' thing... some people seem to be oblivious to the fact that Muse have been very mainstream for the majority of their career. They've been popular for years, not just since BH&R came out. Plug In Baby charted at number 11, ffs! And that was 8 years ago :LOL:.

I know. Muse have been mainstream their whole career. Just took a while for the media to catch on.

Just getting back at this

You say MK's got no 2nd verse? So what do yoú think the part after the first riff is?("invisible to all" etc.)

It's got the same melody as the first verse, so why would this suddenly be 'another bridge'?

I wouldn't call that a verse as it's far too short, I'd call it more of a part of the middle-bridge. The transition to the chorus isn't a part of the verse, it's a bridge.

I wouldn't call that a verse as it's far too short, I'd call it more of a part of the middle-bridge. The transition to the chorus isn't a part of the verse, it's a bridge.

Yeah, but a bridge usually connects, or bridges, a verse and a chorus right?

Yeah, but a bridge usually connects, or bridges, a verse and a chorus right?

Usually, but it doesn't mean it has to be. It can be chorus to verse as well, but the part where Matt does his "oooo" in the verse seems alot more like a bridge, atleast to me. If it isn't, then the second verse is horribly short. It still doesn't change its albeit unorthodoxiness.

I can get over the odd guitar mistakes but not singing 'all of history deleted with one stroke' is a bit off putting for me when I listen back and it was when hearing it live too lol. Each to their own of course!

Yeah, I love that line :(

Birmingham was mint though :happy:

:dance: I have finally discovered the awesomeness of this song. I though it wasn't that good, and that it was overrated. But I was learning it on drums, and I just appreciate the song so much more now. :happy: I prefer MK Ultra to US now, and the reason I prefer it has already been stated: it feels so unorthodox compared to US. I loved US on first listen, and it was my favourite on the cd, and while I still think it's a great song, it's appeal has worn a bit. It doesn't seem to have the depth that MK Ultra has.

Edit: Wow, it's amazing live.

Archived