MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

Morning Musers!

About an hour ago, I was stuck in traffic, listening to MK Ultra and sigining along to it at the top of my lungs with people around staring strangely at me :$

What better way to start a day ;) ?

Have a good one everyone:D

Ps. It's definitely one of the best Muse songs ever.

It happens to me everyday. Thank God they cannot hear me:LOL:! And yes, it is one of the best Muse songs.

Curious, why does Matt not play the guitar parts during the "they're breaking through" parts live? It takes a lot away from the live performances I think.

I've thought about that too. It's not particularly difficult to play and sing, either.

I'm really hoping MK Ultra will evolve more live. It's great now, but if it sticks around on the setlists it would be cool to see more going for it (than Matt constantly plucking that single Ab note the entire time during the verses :shifty:).

There's more than one note in the verses

I think there's three or four actually

Yeah I know, in the 'universe is trapped inside a tear' bit, but still, with the complexity of the opening melody, you'd think Matt could write something a little more interesting for the section immediately following it.

Tralalala... cheeky posting of my cover.. ;)

lalalala!!! :happy:

Definitely my favourite track from the new album, though I definitely think Matt should play the meaty guitar part over the bass in the first chorus too..

i can haz ur geetur? :)

Yeah I know, in the 'universe is trapped inside a tear' bit, but still, with the complexity of the opening melody, you'd think Matt could write something a little more interesting for the section immediately following it.

i can haz ur geetur? :)

Hehe. How can I resist lolspeak? Which one though? ;)

I personally think though, the verse works well because it is so stripped back. If the whole song was complex, the string arrangement in the chorus and the main riff would loose their impact.

:LOL:

Does anybody know where i can find a tab for the string arrangement during the breakdown? I've looked everywhere for it :(

The score for the strings is in the official book.. you can't have looked that hard!

:eek:

You're back! Welcome back man :)

Wow, that's been a fair while hasn't it?

Hmm something to the tune of four years-ish I think!?

Cheers :happy: It's funny seeing the shock on people's (virtual smiley) faces!

Hmm something to the tune of four years-ish I think!?

Cheers :happy: It's funny seeing the shock on people's (virtual smiley) faces!

Wow yeah, thought it was something like that... and I can imagine the shocks, haha. ;) It doesn't occur that often that amidst the influx of new people someone from the old days returns. You were already there on the red board as well, right?

Wow yeah, thought it was something like that... and I can imagine the shocks, haha. ;) It doesn't occur that often that amidst the influx of new people someone from the old days returns. You were already there on the red board as well, right?

Yep.. I've been knocking around for nearly ten years in one form or another! Finally met Matt, literally two weeks ago as well - a bit overdue. If you'll excuse the pun!

Yep.. I've been knocking around for nearly ten years in one form or another! Finally met Matt, literally two weeks ago as well - a bit overdue. If you'll excuse the pun!

Very nice, awesome that you finally met him! :D

It's still on my to-do list though... Anyway, I guess we'll have you around for a while again now? ;)

To keep this slightly on topic, excellent cover of MK by the way :)

Cheers man :happy:

Learn! Do it. I only started learning at 19 :)

Well RB3 is coming out this year and it has an almost real/real guitar this time, so i'll give that a go first i think :LOL:

What did you use to learn? Get lessons or ...?

Well RB3 is coming out this year and it has an almost real/real guitar this time, so i'll give that a go first i think :LOL:

What did you use to learn? Get lessons or ...?

Self taught, and I promise not an exaggeration to say I literally sat down with the Origin of Symmetry tab book and a Squier strat and forced myself to learn every song. That was my intro to guitar :) But yes, don't want to hijack this thread.

So. MK Ultra, for me maybe the best song since Absolution era. Map of Problematique notwithstanding :happy:

Very nice, awesome that you finally met him! :D

It's still on my to-do list though... Anyway, I guess we'll have you around for a while again now? ;)

To keep this slightly on topic, excellent cover of MK by the way :)

Cheers - yes I'm around for the forseeable, am prob going to do a few more covers but tbh the last four years I've spent writing a lot of my own music and am hoping to start gigging that!

Ok end of hijack - will have to continue conversation elsewhere!! :LOL:

Cheers - yes I'm around for the forseeable, am prob going to do a few more covers but tbh the last four years I've spent writing a lot of my own music and am hoping to start gigging that!

Ok end of hijack - will have to continue conversation elsewhere!! :LOL:

Haha, agreed :LOL:

I'm looking forward to hear more of your work, will keep an eye on KnT for that! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived