MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

Dude it's 2010 now. ;)

I'm not! He's promised us for years he was gonna do stage shows with UFOs landing on the crowd and him zooming all over the place in a rocket pack and it never happened. The guy's full of poo!

He said he was doing that for wembley this year. Maybe not the jetpack, but we'll see if he keeps his word

Dude it's 2010 now. ;)

I'm not! He's promised us for years he was gonna do stage shows with UFOs landing on the crowd and him zooming all over the place in a rocket pack and it never happened. The guy's full of poo!

He talked about having a UFO over the crowd at V but wasn't allowed because of health and safety issues. He had ideas for this tour such as acrobats which they had to drop because it didn't work and other things they had to modify as the original ideas were too expensive. Things don't always come to fruition. Would you rather he didn't share his ideas in case they don't work out?

Personally I quite like to hear them. If they don't happen they don't. Such is life! And some are quite amusing like the idea of fans in cages. I doubt that will happen.:D I think that was probably a joke anyway! ;):D I think he's a bit of a wind up merchant! But they're not lies they're jokes and he makes me laugh. I don't mind being confused! :LOL: And I wouldn't have him any other way.:D

Just out of interest... What's your fav song of the album?

You got me there :LOL:. Don't know, I don't think I have a favorite song on this album but if I have to pick one would be Unnatural Selecction, that song is a monster live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4jX_uJtngI

This was the gig I went to in 2006. The first couple seconds sounds slightly like MK ultra. what do you guys think?

Yes, It could be the beginning...Cool motif

MK Ultra is one of my favorite songs. I very love it.

Invisible to all

the mind becomes a wall

of history deleted with one stroke

mmm... fantastic!

Can someone please explain it to me?

MK Ultra is track 7 on Muse's 5th album titled 'The Resistance'

The song essentially comprises of a synthesised riff, and a further heavier, more guitar oriented riff that bridges between the breakdown to the second part of the song and serves as the outro. The song lacks a traditional verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure,

Many Muse fans regard this to be their favourite song from The Resistance, as it links back to the ever popular riff-based second album 'Origin of Symmetry' while it's focus on riffs and synthesised guitar show some linkage to the almost as popular third album 'Absolution' and is an absolute beast live. Unfortunately the band do not feel it fits as well in their new musical direction, preferring the simlarly riffy, but less intense 'Unnatural Selection' as the 'rock' song at their recent gigs, but it does still crop up around 50% of the time.

The song takes its name from a CIA-led interrogration technique during the Cold War. MK Ultra, or 'Project Ultra' saw the American intelligence agency collaborate with the military to use drugs and a variety of torture methods to manipulate the brain functions of captors to obtain information. This is alledged and please don't take this as complete fact as I do not want to be sued. Matthew Bellamy's lyrics hint at the project but the link between scenario and song are not clear. How much this is due to Bellamy's notoriously under-par lyric skills or deliberate design is debateable.

Good song though.

MK Ultra is track 7 on Muse's 5th album titled 'The Resistance'

The song essentially comprises of a synthesised riff, and a further heavier, more guitar oriented riff that bridges between the breakdown to the second part of the song and serves as the outro. The song lacks a traditional verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure,

Many Muse fans regard this to be their favourite song from The Resistance, as it links back to the ever popular riff-based second album 'Origin of Symmetry' while it's focus on riffs and synthesised guitar show some linkage to the almost as popular third album 'Absolution' and is an absolute beast live. Unfortunately the band do not feel it fits as well in their new musical direction, preferring the simlarly riffy, but less intense 'Unnatural Selection' as the 'rock' song at their recent gigs, but it does still crop up around 50% of the time.

The song takes its name from a CIA-led interrogration technique during the Cold War. MK Ultra, or 'Project Ultra' saw the American intelligence agency collaborate with the military to use drugs and a variety of torture methods to manipulate the brain functions of captors to obtain information. This is alledged and please don't take this as complete fact as I do not want to be sued. Matthew Bellamy's lyrics hint at the project but the link between scenario and song are not clear. How much this is due to Bellamy's notoriously under-par lyric skills or deliberate design is debateable.

Good song though.

:D

I thought it was weird that they rarely play it live compared to other songs, and yet they gave us a Pro-shot MK ultra for Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
In the 5.1 version, there's a synth playing along with the violins in the breakdown.

This seems left out of the actual album version though. Or is my hearing just off? Can anybody hear it?

its just one of those little extras, like the extra guitar at the start of US. on the making of you can hear it in the background :)

Archived