MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

Dead Star is easily the 'heaviest' thing Muse have ever done. The middle riff in MK Ultra probably about equals it.

But tbh, it depends whether you're defining heaviness simply in terms of production techniques or if you're considering a lot of different factors like the riff itself, its placement in a song, etc.

Dead Star is easily the 'heaviest' thing Muse have ever done. The middle riff in MK Ultra probably about equals it.

But tbh, it depends whether you're defining heaviness simply in terms of production techniques or if you're considering a lot of different factors like the riff itself, its placement in a song, etc.

Well Muse's heaviest so far are stuff like:

Deadstar

New Born

Hyper Music

Yes Please

Ashamed (maybe)

SS

Assassin (maybe)

US

MK ULTRA

(my opinion of course)

Of course no one with a brain would say Muse is a metal band. But I still think songs like SS, Hysteria and Dead Star sound metal. I've never been a fan of trying to sort out music genres (and why bother, really). To me, if I can bang my head to it, then it's kinda metal. Maybe it would be better to just call those songs heavy. One of my fave characteristics of Muse songs is the heaviness of some of the bass riffs. I would consider CE, Fury and Eternally Missed to be heavy, but not metal.

I'm still not sure how I would describe MK Ultra or US. I've still only had one listen, but neither seem to be as heavy (even in a non-metal way) as SS, New Born or other mentioned songs.

Of course no one with a brain would say Muse is a metal band. But I still think songs like SS, Hysteria and Dead Star sound metal. I've never been a fan of trying to sort out music genres (and why bother, really). To me, if I can bang my head to it, then it's kinda metal. Maybe it would be better to just call those songs heavy. One of my fave characteristics of Muse songs is the heaviness of some of the bass riffs. I would consider CE, Fury and Eternally Missed to be heavy, but not metal.

I'm still not sure how I would describe MK Ultra or US. I've still only had one listen, but neither seem to be as heavy (even in a non-metal way) as SS, New Born or other mentioned songs.

Thank you, madam.

Other than hoping they would please Origin of Symmetry fans. :p

TBH I don't even think they gave a toss who these songs we're appealing to you know, it's just Muse being Muse, which is more similar to how they used to write songs. (i'm not saying a 100% disregard to audiences but you can see in BHaR and even Absolution that they we're more blatently trying to keep fans happy)

I also think the same about USoE and Exogenesis.

Archived