No idea, i think just a listen and predict thing i suppose?

haha sounds good. It really shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to figure it out. Looking at the times on the mp3, he only does about the first 2 minutes, just figured that out... coolio. Well, I'll be sure to get right on learning that! :D

So what do people think of this?

Aberystwyth would be great too by the way. I'm one quarter Aberystwythian and I have a lot of good freinds going to uni there so I'm all up for including that. Maybe in the castle or the err... train type thing that goes up the hill, that would be pretty funny. :)

For the "There can be only one!" I think we're having the groups do that for epicness.

For the covers we'll have clips of people playing the sintrumentals probably spliced with video from the meet ups doing whatever. Something interesting or artistic.

Aberystwyth would be great too by the way. I'm one quarter Aberystwythian and I have a lot of good freinds going to uni there so I'm all up for including that. Maybe in the castle or the err... train type thing that goes up the hill, that would be pretty funny. :)

For the "There can be only one!" I think we're having the groups do that for epicness.

For the covers we'll have clips of people playing the sintrumentals probably spliced with video from the meet ups doing whatever. Something interesting or artistic.

Cool, I'll have a word with my mates then. I was thinking on top of the hill overlooking the town, just to make it even more epic lol. Out of interest, what year are your friends in?

I'd love to play the piano for Collateral Damage :D

I have the music as well, so I'll start learning it :)

I'll do a take singing as well on that backing track

Added to the list :)

Can I be the 'laughing children' in CD? :awesome:

...Seriously, can I?

Sure, if you can make it sound good :)

Cool, I'll have a word with my mates then. I was thinking on top of the hill overlooking the town, just to make it even more epic lol. Out of interest, what year are your friends in?

Just finished second. And that sounds good to me :)

Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but are we going to be recording ourselves singing the whole track and then a designated editor picks the best bit? Or are we just miming?

If its singing, me and my friend might be able to do the Queen bit acappella stylee. Although I am going on holiday next week, so it may not be do able...

This is a fantastic idea! I'm all for it! I'd like to claim one of the words at the start of the song when the time comes to do that... unless there's someone who's better at it than me (very likely :p)

...could we listen to the song as we sing it? Like, on an iPod? That might help people like me sing in key a little more :p

oh, there's a list? Well in that case I'd like to be added for CD piano also, please! :D starting to learn right now!

Done already :)

You'll need to talk to lalaive and endlessly_blissed too as they called first but it would be great if we could get loads of people involved in it.

From reading through these 12 pages, I think this is who is singing what...

"oooooh" prior to actual singing - o0ocroinao0o (as well as line one, depends if anyone else fancies it I guess?)

line one - richard misiak/o0ocroinao0o

But we know that whoever holds the reigns - HagBR

nothing will change - allypap

our cause has gone insane - mikethemuse

and these wars, they can't be won - bloodymaryiii

There can be only one - rossg + fellow fans

Must we do as we're told - shelbmuse09

toooooooooold - myridean/amiabledawrf

You and me fall in line, to be punished for unproven crimes - lalalive

to be punished for unproven crimes - _Bliss_

something second verse - Garseys

heroes - mushroom bomb

"teww" dust - Wazlib

they begun - the aurora

Does anyone know or care how they begun - Screwdriver

(1st/2nd) States - brian KEEEEM

(2nd) United States - Liz0_o

United States of - Bib

2nd instrumental - srsly

whole song (then pick something out) - Space Dementor

laughing children during CD - MrPowell

Jet sounds and CD moaning - Russell A

Put the lyrics below, so we can see which are taken/sort of taken/available

Blue - Single Word is taken

Red - Line is being sung (so more people can claim it if I'm right?)

No colour - available

You and me are the same

We don't know or care who's to blame

But we know that whoever holds the reins

Nothing will change

Our cause has gone insane

And these wars, they can't be won

And do you want them to go on

And on and on

Why split these states

When there can be only one?

And must we do as we're told?

Must we do as we're told?

You and me fall in line

To be punished for unproven crimes!

And we know that there is no one we can trust;

Our ancient heroes, they are turning to dust!

Does anyone know or care how they begun?

They just promise to go on

And on and on

But soon we will see

There can be only one

United States!

United States! (brian KEEEEM wishes to sing one of the "states", so one of these is still available)

Of...

Eurasia!

...sia!

...sia!

...sia!

Eurasia!

...sia!

...sia!

...sia!

Eurasia!

...sia!

...sia!

...sia!

Note: This is not a guarentee of what people will sing, just a place to show what you would LIKE to sing.

So as you may have seen in the other thread we've decided to find a way to thank Muse, Muse management, and Splendid (Muse's web designers) for coming up with such an awesome and inventive way of releasing and promoting United States of Eurasia. And also cause it'll be fun. And everyone can get involved no matter where you live, as long as you can record and upload a video!

The idea is this. We'll all record videos of us (badly) singing a few lines from United States of Eurasia and edit one word from each line together into one video of us singing the whole song. Basically, eahc person will sing a few words scattered thoughout the song. Kinda like Feeder's Just a Day video. These videos can just be of you with a big thank you sign or doing something treasure hunt related. It would be great if we could get one or two of the lucky people who got a USB key to appear too.

What would also be good is if we could get some pianists to play Collateral Damage for the end.

Hopefully we can have one group meeting in London to sing the "Sia!" bits at various landmarks related to wars, conflict and politics. If anyone else in any major cities can amass enough musers together to do similar that would be fantastic. But we want everyone who enjoyed the treasure hunt to get involved and submit videos.

The tentative plan is to have all the videos uploaded to YouTube where nohopeinfear will rip them from and edit the final video tgoether.

One enough people have expressed interesting we'll get the lyrics up and people can take picks of what words they want, or be assigned whatever is left over.

Deadline for finishing will be arounf or soon after 12th August because that's the day I leave the UK for three weeks! In the end we'll get the video to Muse and the management one way or another!

This post will of course be constantly updated with the latest details so check back here for info!

Instrumental backing

Most of the vocals have been removed from this version, so use this as a backing when the time comes.

Video Editing

nohopeinfear

mapoftheglorious

sss

London "Sia!" meet :: Join this group

Niall

EMMAlovesMUSE

Zed

super_massive_muse

Citizen Erased

Stephanie Kaoss

mittendorfer

PoisonMeteor

bazzer

ophelia1971

Los Angeles "Sia!" meet :: PM Liz0_o and join this group

Liz0_o + friends

Blaz

brian KEEEEM

Potential meets in Sydney AU, Moscow RU, Beja PT, Stockholm SE, Birmingham GB, Aberystwyth GB...if you're interested make yourself known and we'll set those up too :) If someone in each of these cities could set up the groups that would be great. Let me know and I'll get it all added here. There's alot of potential locations so not all will get full "Sia's" to themselves since we only have 12 to go round but we will have multiscreen type effects so should be able to fit you all in there :)

Would like meets in New York City and Washington, DC if possible. Or in any Treasure Hunt cities.

+Collateral Damage covers

Not sure how this will work but we definitely have the following involved

endlessly_blissed (piano)

lalalive (violin)

Also interested:

Raining_Muses (piano and violin)

mustangjps14 (piano)

shining_dark (piano)

Not sure how you want to sort it out or how we can have multiple people contributing but the more the better in my opinion. I'll need to know what the editors feel they are capableof with multiple +CD submissions, let me know :)

Words

Instructions on how to call words for yourself will be announced soon. If you have already called a word, please evidence this when you submit! You can record a silent video if you want for instrumental parts.

Videos

Details on how, when, what and where to upload will be announced soon

Happy to join in the chorus in london! when r we doing this??

piano playing a bit rusty....:$

From reading through these 12 pages, I think this is who is singing what...

United States of - Bib

Must we do as we're told - shelbmuse09

"teww" dust - Wazlib

Does anyone know or care how the begun (remember, it's only one word each :) ) -

Screwdriver

(2nd) United States - Liz0_o

(1st/2nd) States - brian KEEEEM

But we know that whoever holds the reigns - HagBR

toooooooooold - myridean/amiabledawrf

they begun - the aurora

line one - richard misiak/o0ocroinao0o

something second verse - Garseys

2nd instrumental - srsly

heroes - mushroom bomb

whole song (then pick something out) - Space Dementor

our cause has gone insane (then pick something out) - mikethemuse

to be punished for unproven crimes - _Bliss_

You and me fall in line, to be punished for unproven crimes - lalalive

laughing children during CD - MrPowell

I said I'd sing "but we know that whoever holds the reins, nothing will change, our cause has gone insane", so obv. the bits in bold are still available for me to sing, no? Personally, I think it might be a bit too stop/start if we do a word at a time, but a line at a time, or a few words would flow a bit better IMO. In which case, I'd like to do nothing will change

Ooh, also just created the Brum group : http://board.muse.mu/group.php?groupid=268 , so if anyone's in the midlands and wants to join in, join the group and we'll start planning! I'd make one for Aberystwyth aswell, but I'm not sure there's many people from around there on here, so unless I've misunderestimated (:p) the amount of welsh Musers, I'll leave that for now. I might make a FB group, though, and i will definately make a FB group for the Brum one :)

Done already :)

You'll need to talk to lalaive and endlessly_blissed too as they called first but it would be great if we could get loads of people involved in it.

haha thanks man! And endlessly_blissed and I follow each other on twitter, we can talk there! Oooh, this is so exciting!!!!

Also, just went downstairs to begin learning on my electric keyboard (do I don't wake up my parents;) ) and one of the preset songs on there is *Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2* ! AND it shows on the screen which keys to hit when! :D It's official, God loves muse.

I said I'd sing "but we know that whoever holds the reins, nothing will change, our cause has gone insane", so obv. the bits in bold are still available for me to sing, no? Personally, I think it might be a bit too stop/start if we do a word at a time, but a line at a time, or a few words would flow a bit better IMO. In which case, I'd like to do nothing will change

apologies, I'll edit it in (that should be fine) :)

Archived