So as you may have seen in the other thread we've decided to find a way to thank Muse, Muse management, and Six to Start (UnUSE's web designers) for coming up with such an awesome and inventive way of releasing and promoting United States of Eurasia. And also cause it'll be fun. And everyone can get involved no matter where you live, as long as you can record and upload a video!

The idea is this. We'll all record videos of us (badly) singing a few lines from United States of Eurasia and edit one word from each line together into one video of us singing the whole song. Basically, eahc person will sing a few words scattered thoughout the song. Kinda like Feeder's Just a Day video. These videos can just be of you with a big thank you sign or doing something treasure hunt related. It would be great if we could get one or two of the lucky people who got a USB key to appear too.

What would also be good is if we could get some pianists to play Collateral Damage for the end.

Hopefully we can have one group meeting in London to sing the "Sia!" bits at various landmarks related to wars, conflict and politics. If anyone else in any major cities can amass enough musers together to do similar that would be fantastic. But we want everyone who enjoyed the treasure hunt to get involved and submit videos.

One enough people have expressed interesting we'll get the lyrics up and people can take picks of what words they want, or be assigned whatever is left over.

Deadline for finishing will be arounf or soon after 12th August because that's the day I leave the UK for three weeks! In the end we'll get the video to Muse and the management one way or another!

This post will of course be constantly updated with the latest details so check back here for info!

Instrumental backing

Most of the vocals have been removed from this version, so use this as a backing when the time comes.

Video Editing

mapoftheglorious

sss

Sound Editing

sss

London "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Tentative date, 8th August (subject to change), see group for more info.

Manchester "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Birmingham "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Belfast "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Beja "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Berlin "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Hamburg "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Moscow "Sia!" meet

Join this group

And on ВКонтакте

And on joinmuse.ru

Los Angeles "Sia!" meet

PM Liz0_o and join this group

Midwest USA "Sia!" meet

Join this group

Mexico City "Sia!" meet

See here

Organised by Problematique MX!

...meeting at Auditorio Nacional at 11:30am local time!

Around 20 are attending.

Potential meets in Sydney AU, Moscow RU, Beja PT, Stockholm SE, Birmingham GB, Aberystwyth GB...if you're interested make yourself known and we'll set those up too :)

See your local group for details of the meet as I (Niall) will only be organising the London date.

If someone in each of these cities could set up the groups that would be great. Let me know and I'll get it all added here. There's alot of potential locations so not all will get full "Sia's" to themselves since we only have 12 to go round but we will have multiscreen type effects so should be able to fit you all in there :)

Would like meets in New York City and Washington, DC if possible. Or in any Treasure Hunt cities.

+Instrumental covers

Not sure how this will work but we definitely have the following involved

endlessly_blissed (piano)

lalalive (violin)

Raining_Muses (piano and violin)

mustangjps14 (piano)

shining_dark (piano)

Hedgeclipper (piano)

mustangjps14 (piano and drums)

Ionnas (piano)

Me + Socks + Phone (cello)

Pianist group

Not sure how you want to sort it out or how we can have multiple people contributing but the more the better in my opinion. I'll need to know what the editors feel they are capableof with multiple +CD submissions, let me know :)

Words

USoE ROLESHEET

Hey everyone. I've created an editable Google Doc to help organize all of the verse assignments.

The process is straightforward enough, add your messageboard username in the first column, after the last user, your YouTube username in the second column (If you're uploading elsewhere for whatever reason, please provide a link in that column.)

For every verse that you'd like to participate in, please put something underneath it to signify that you're interested. It could be an "X", a "YES", or a "I <3 MUSE!", or whatever you'd like. :LOL: Just please don't put anything in the columns for verses that you are NOT planning on participating in, as that would make it harder to look at and know who's doing what.

You can sign up for multiple verses - as many as you'd like - and are allowed to overlap. (If someone else already has registered for a verse you wanted, that doesn't mean you can't register for it as well). Niall, MOTG, and I will filter through the submitted videos and pick out the best parts from the each user, and use them accordingly in the video.

If you are interested in doing something other than (or in addition to) vocals, there are more columns on the far right, for piano, violin, drums, etc. Please put a mark there if you're interested and elaborate a little bit so we have an idea of what part you will be doing.

According to my tests, a Google Account is NOT required to view and edit this (it saves automatically). However, if you do run into trouble, please PM me with your YouTube username, and what you will be contributing, and I'll add you in myself.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet. Please be respectful to other Musers, and DO NOT EDIT PRE-EXISTING DATA, unless it is your own.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tF4kuEdXPpENQUCt6PUPvpg

Hopefully this all helps. :D

Videos

Details on how, when, what and where to upload will be announced soon. The plan is to have people record their videos without backing music, but you can of course use your ear or headphones in the final videos.

To see some awesome videos that people have made so far, check this YouTube group. These aren't the final videos, but check here see how people are progressing! There's some really great stuff in the works. If you submit one here, you will need to reupload to the chosen place later on.

I am SpaceErased1 on YouTube btw!

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, USE THIS THREAD

No you can help! As long as you can record and upload a video, it doesn't matter where you are from :)

Highlight this in the opening statement.

It's a WORLDWIDE thing, where all you need do is sing a part of the song and upload it to youtube.

Then post a link here in this thread (Or a place suitable) and when we've got every word covered it can be put together :awesome:

I'm willing to help edit!

We could split the vid into two or three parts to distribute the editing load (and then string them together before posting, of course). What do you think?

That's doable :D

Do you know how to rip videos from youtube directly??

Just asking incase.

That's doable :D

Do you know how to rip videos from youtube directly??

Just asking incase.

Yep! I'm really good with Adobe Premiere CS4 (for video) and Adobe Soundbooth (for audio), so I'd be able to pull it off rather well. Audio will definitely need editing to normalize the sound levels...

Yep! I'm really good with Adobe Premiere CS4 (for video) and Adobe Soundbooth (for audio), so I'd be able to pull it off rather well. Audio will definitely need editing to normalize the sound levels...

Cool... I'm an AVID and Sony Vegas man myself.

There's a Final Cut Pro guy in the other thread so perhaps we could all have a go.

Yeah with regards to audio, that's not my thing, I'm strictly a video guy, so having someone to do the levels would be very useful.

"THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

Might be worth doing as a group also...

Yeah definitely! Good idea.

Right I shall leave editting to those of you more knowledgeable of such things. If you agree on the few people that will help edit I'll get your (user)names up on the first post.

We have 12 Sia's to fill so if were going with landmarks n shizz just putting out a few ideas...

Royal albert hall

Trafalguar sq

Houses of parliment :p lol

nelsons column...

anyone else think of some feel free to add. ;)

All good! I know a couple of places that would be amazing.

I can't tell you where they are because they're official Muse related places, so you'd just have to trust me on the day when we turn up at some random place in London. Like a particular Marks and Spencer. :LOL:

We have 12 Sia's to fill so if were going with landmarks n shizz just putting out a few ideas...

Royal albert hall

Trafalguar sq

Houses of parliment :p lol

nelsons column...

anyone else think of some feel free to add. ;)

Edit- oh and we shld get buckingham palace on here aswell haha

All good! I know a couple of places that would be amazing.

I can't tell you where they are because they're official Muse related places, so you'd just have to trust me on the day when we turn up at some random place in London. Like a particular Marks and Spencer. :LOL:

hahaha *muse fans take over a london marks and spencers , running down the aisles screaming SIAAAAAAA* LOL i can see it now :) haha i trust you!!:LOL::p

Archived