Just a quick reminder for anyone taking part.

Can you avoid having the actual song playing in the background whilst recording your video please?

It'll make editing the footage together far easier :awesome:

Thanks.

I'm not singing, but doing smth with the instrumental part.. you might have it easier to synchronise if I leave the music? or not?

SSS & MAPOFTHEGLORIOUS:

For editing I think we should each take a segment of the song to work on.

Splitting it into 3 parts.

I'll take the segement between 0:00-1:33

SSS- You take 1:33-2:55

MOTG - You take 2:55-3:40 + Collateral Damage

That's fair don't you think??

I'm not singing, but doing smth with the instrumental part.. you might have it easier to synchronise if I leave the music? or not?

We've got an instrumental version of USOE already however if you want to take add something to Collateral Damage that would be excellent because it's lyricless :awesome:

Just a quick reminder for anyone taking part.

Can you avoid having the actual song playing in the background whilst recording your video please?

It'll make editing the footage together far easier :awesome:

Thanks.

Another question; do you want it in 16:9 or 4:3? Even if 16:9 is the regular format for most cameras nowadays, one or two people with 4:3 formats might really fuck it up in terms of the aesthetics of the video.

Another question; do you want it in 16:9 or 4:3? Even if 16:9 is the regular format for most cameras nowadays, one or two people with 4:3 formats might really fuck it up in terms of the aesthetics of the video.

Good question.

However those with 4:3 formats can be resized to look like 16:9 ;)

As long as the video and audio are clear to see and hear then it's not a problem :happy:

Good question.

As long as the video and audio are clear to see and hear then it's not a problem :happy:

Fair enough, I just always thought resized 4:3 formats look so... unnatural (sort of like a selection of real photographs with a few pretty decently edited ones in between).

Fair enough, I just always thought resized 4:3 formats look so... unnatural (sort of like a selection of real photographs with a few pretty decently edited ones in between).

Nah it'll be fine, we'll crop out the blackbars and resize it to 16:9 standards and place the 16:9 blackbars in and the difference will be negligible :happy:

Good question.

So preferably 16:9 then? It looks nicer than 4:3 anyway.

Oh yeah of course, 16:9 is the preferable format. I meant if 16:9 wasn't available then we could fix that.

Yeah, figured that was what you meant, just wanted to clarify :)

Any preference between HD or not?

Sorry to be painful - I'm an editor and I know what a mongrel it can be with mixed formats.

Great idea, so funny. I'm too shy and not IT savvy enough to get involved, but can I suggest outside the MI5 building as one of the locations, if there's room there. Hopefully no one would get arrested! :LOL:

Yess haha MI5 sounds great, wel take that one up for discussion! :LOL:

Ideas I had:

1. I think I should do the entire audio for the full vid, if I'm the most qualified for audio on the boards. Just to make sure volumes are normalized, and that way, the instrumental won't have to be cut into pieces, and will just remain one full track. It'll sound better that way.
  2. Suggestion: What if the last set of "Sia! Sia! Sia!"'s were done via individual cams. Sort of like, on the first Sia! we see a 4x4 grid of muse fans singing Sia!, and on the second Sia!, they shrink and we're looking at a 8x8 grid of musers singing Sia!, and so on and so forth. If we get enough people to do it, it'd effectively show just how many people participated in this thing.

great idea! could you maybe have one large square in the middle showing (for instance) the london group singing it, and tthen 4 smaller squares around the outside of individuals singing it?

This is gonna be epic... :D

These both sound amazing, nice work!

We've got an instrumental version of USOE already however if you want to take add something to Collateral Damage that would be excellent because it's lyricless :awesome:

Nononooo. I mean, I will do an awesome thing with the part that is between United States Of and EURASIASIASIASIA.

OMG what a great idea! I'm in! and I'll try to force my friend to sing with me :D Would it be alright, if we sang almost the whole song so that the editors can choose to use whatever part(s) that fit the best in to the video :)

ps. we're not much of a singers but we sometimes manage to stay in tune for a little moment :LOL:

pss. are u sure you want to cut the video after _every single_ word? I'm in serious doubt it will sound either great or horrible. Anyway, EPIC! ^_^

This sounds like a really really good idea, I definitely want to be involved with this :)

Thanks Niall for the brilliant idea! ;)

I defs wanna be involved, whether it be a line or just silently standing there looking stupidly into the camera during an instrumental break!

Also (and no I will NOT do this), SOMEONE should dress as Freddie Mercury or Brian May for the part at 1:20! :p or for the beginning when Matt sings the first "you....", the next people should then sing "could be my unintended" and then get back on with USoE! :p

If I had a Freddie outfit, I'd so do this :awesome: . Maybe me and a mate should go wandering around some stores in Manchester, run to the changing rooms and film it there. Anybody know, other than a fancy dress shop, where we could get freddie kit?

Archived