There was a bit more glitter on the second batch of MB-1's than the first although the first batch do have four digit serial numbers as opposed to the second batch's 6 or 7 digits (not sure which)

I believe Mine and Red Glitter's are from the first batch, the one Matt played and the 2nd Wembley date, the one at the show and James90's are from the second batch.

Yeah, mine was first batch October 2009 on the certificate

Really? that's a shame...one guy ruined it for everyone. Is it just going to be on display then?

I wish I could just walk into Mansons every weekend. Hopefully I can go there later this year at least :awesome:

Yeah, it's just hanging up behind the counter now. Well, at least I got the chance to play it at the show. People come from all over the world just to visit Mansons because of the Muse connection apparently! That's kinda awesome really, a small (well, big for a guitar shop) shop getting world wide recognition like that. :happy:

Haha! I practically go there everytime I go shopping. :LOL: Also I don't mind getting photos for K&T if there are any new Mansons hanging up that aren't on the site yet. :)

Yeah when i saw the glitter in the flesh I was taken a bit back with how amazing the finish was. Had lots of glitter, photos don't do it justice at made me debate whether I chose the right finish!

Yeah same! The photos don't really show up the pinkiness in the glitter very well I don't think, which is why I preffered the black one until the show. The red one looks really impressive in real life.

Yeah, it's just hanging up behind the counter now. Well, at least I got the chance to play it at the show. People come from all over the world just to visit Mansons because of the Muse connection apparently! That's kinda awesome really, a small (well, big for a guitar shop) shop getting world wide recognition like that. :happy:

Haha! I practically go there everytime I go shopping. :LOL: Also I don't mind getting photos for K&T if there are any new Mansons hanging up that aren't on the site yet. :)

Yeah same! The photos don't really show up the pinkiness in the glitter very well I don't think, which is why I preffered the black one until the show. The red one looks really impressive in real life.

I have to admit that's the main reason I'd be going to the UK :$ And that's cool, have you seen any new ones that aren't on the site recently?

The pictures definitely don't show the glitter properly, but it looks great in real life. As I've said before, I like the fact that the actual color of the finish is showing a bit more instead of being completely covered with glitter.

Anyone know what happened to Matt's original Red Glitter? It'd be nice if they put it on display in pieces like they did Matt's Mirror M1D1. That beast had roughly 8 shitloads of glitter on it. :stunned:

No idea, apparently not on display yet...maybe they're attempting to repair it even?

It would be cool if it made a return and he used it once in a while like 007 and didn't break it again...but since it's in several pieces, I don't think that'll happen

Probably because the picture has been tinted in black and white to make it look artsy.

Yes I know, I have one. It comes in two colors, Red Glitter ad Matt Black. Trufax.

But you don't have a red glitter one :phu:

I recall Olly saying Matt had one of each, but I've never seen him play the matt(e) black one.

Never knew Matt had both colour MB-1s. I suppose you would though if you had your own signature guitars being made XD Safe to assume he might get a DL-1 for the collection then I guess...Pretty sure he's only used the Red MB-1 live though, in between Santa repairs and then Santa 2's construction.

• 2 weeks later...
Please note that the MB-1 Edition 3 will be sold, distributed and built by the new Manson Guitar Works facility.

Delivery of Edition 3 MB-1 guitars is estimated to be Autumn 2011.

Factory built? :eek:

Looks like Kageeby and I are both getting one anyway! Sent my deposit! :happy:

Also did it say Autumn on the first two runs? As long as Autumn is still September-October, and not August-September then I've got nothing to worry about... :$

Factory built? :eek:

Very interesting. I guess that's how they're managing to do the DL-1 and MB-1 at the same time.

Are they the same price as before?

And yeah, I should have celebrated! I recall I had mine put aside january 29th, but they received the deposit on february 3rd. The guitar was finished on september 13th (sent out the 14th), but I received it on october 2nd. :facepalm:

Archived