Hey guys, just breathed a MASSIVE sigh of relief as the tension left me, got my confirmation mail this morning - an overreaction I know, but being in Australia with the funky time zone difference I was worried I would sleep through the release. Thankfully this is a work day for me, or else I wouldn't have been awake early enough to reply (it came through at 3AM my time, I woke up at 7).

Question - does anyone have any photos of the MIDI jack on the guitar / can tell me what kind of cable to get? I plan on getting a Kaoss pad off ebay at some point, they typically seem to go for around $500 AUD, and already have a Digitech Whammy pedal which I've been using for a few years now, but rarely with the MIDI capability.

Definitely wanna get the most out of this guitar - I know it's gonna be fun :)

The MB-1 has a 5-pin MIDI out, both the Whammy and Kaoss Pad have a 5-pin MIDI in...makes things easy.

Here's mine:

Any standard 5-pin to 5-pin MIDI/DIN information cable will work :) Hope that helps.

It does, cheers! Yeah I've used USB to MIDI in on my whammy for covering MotP, but thats about it for MIDI as far as I've experimented with.

What do you recommend in the minor mb1 debat of Kp2 versuse Kp3 for synth sounds?

The Kp2 is a hell of a lot cheaper I am finding, but thats to be expected...

also, how easy is the synth controlling to use via the Midi pad?

It does, cheers! Yeah I've used USB to MIDI in on my whammy for covering MotP, but thats about it for MIDI as far as I've experimented with.

What do you recommend in the minor mb1 debat of Kp2 versuse Kp3 for synth sounds?

The Kp2 is a hell of a lot cheaper I am finding, but thats to be expected...

also, how easy is the synth controlling to use via the Midi pad?

I believe the general acceptance is that the KP2 has synth sounds that the KP3 doesn't, such as the famed "Electric Bird" aka SMBH solo noise. So if you're wanting Kaoss Jam synth wankery, KP2 is the way to go. I guess the KP3 is more filter-oriented, although tbh I don't know...Neil???

As far as ease of use, literally just plug the MIDI in both jacks and swipe your pick across the screen a'la HAARP and you'll make everyone wonder "What the FUCK was that??" The only problem people have had seems to be fitting the Kaoss into their signal chain, I just put it in a Keeley bypass loop at the very beginning of my chain, then FF-> Whammy->M13-> amp.

EDIT: I guess how you set it up really depends on how you'll use it, i.e. if you're just using the KP as an external synth like Bellz0r does then it doesn't really need to be in the signal chain, assuming you have another source of amplification to use with it.

I apologize for verbosity :$

I believe the general acceptance is that the KP2 has synth sounds that the KP3 doesn't, such as the famed "Electric Bird" aka SMBH solo noise. So if you're wanting Kaoss Jam synth wankery, KP2 is the way to go. I guess the KP3 is more filter-oriented, although tbh I don't know...Neil???

As far as ease of use, literally just plug the MIDI in both jacks and swipe your pick across the screen a'la HAARP and you'll make everyone wonder "What the FUCK was that??" The only problem people have had seems to be fitting the Kaoss into their signal chain, I just put it in a Keeley bypass loop at the very beginning of my chain, then FF-> Whammy->M13-> amp.

EDIT: I guess how you set it up really depends on how you'll use it, i.e. if you're just using the KP as an external synth like Bellz0r does then it doesn't really need to be in the signal chain, assuming you have another source of amplification to use with it.

I apologize for verbosity :$

Haha, not at all - I'm something of a techhead, so I love to learn, and know my equipment well - having the most "advanced signature guitar in the world" is something of a wet dream for me, as I also compose a lot of my own stuff as a songwriter :)

I like the setup, I have a FF as well, it seems like the way to go - do you have a set up wherein the MIDI controller can send signals to both the whammy and the Kaoss Pad?

(Is that even possible, say with a cable split)

I don't have a separate amp set up which I would use for the KP - yet. How does the bypass loop work?

EDIT: I've done my research on the bypass loop, and I can see how it helps with multiple signal input ability - I like! Do you have your FF and other pedals in with the KP in the loop?

Crazybobbles posted that message last night at 22.12 saying that they had all sold out. That means that they sold out in approximately 8 hours! (I had my email received at 14.01 (and sent the deposit at 14.25) and I think Kageeby had his about 25 minutes before. So between 1.30pm and 10pm (maybe a little before) they all sold out? That's pretty phenomenal. Looks like it's going to be pretty impossible for people to try and get one from now then unless they're really lucky with the amount of people trying to get one.

Here's my confirmation that I logged in to see this morning anyway. It was sent at 21.53 last night (I guess that must mean they all sold out before that, as that's when they probably started sending the confirmations out, judging by mine and crazybobbles' posts) so they must have been pretty busy to still be going at that time! What a hectic day for them! :D

Thank You Benjamin for your confirmation, you are within the first 25 very lucky recipients. Thank you for your order for a Manson guitar, we will contact you again requesting further information in the future and to confirm receipt of your payment.

Regards

Adrian Ashton

Get the fuck in! :happy:

Wow 8 hours, I still can't believe that...I was expecting it to be within the first 2 days but still...Wow! Anyway Jimbo, you wanted to read the full email, so here you go...

Dear Benjamin.

We are pleased to announce the release of the Manson MB-1 guitar 3rd Edition. You have received this mail because you have requested to be placed on our pre-notification list. Thank you for your consideration of Manson Guitars. As per previous runs of the MB-1 the guitar is only available in strictly limited numbers, in this case just 25 and will be sold as past releases to the first 25 customers that forward a deposit of £1,000.

How to secure an MB-1, edition 3.

Please read the following - if past releases are anything to go by we strongly recommend you do not delay in responding!

1.If you want an MB-1 signature guitar please notify us by return e-mail immediately. At this stage you do not need to confirm the exact model you require - e.g. colour, hardware or screen option so do not worry about that information today unless you have it ready. Simply reply stating you wish to purchase an MB-1. Please e-mail your confirmation to this address AND sales@mansonguitarworks.com

2. Forward your confirmation deposit of £1,000. We can only, repeat ONLY, accept this payment by direct bank transfer. Please note that the MB-1 Edition 3 will be sold, distributed and built by the new Manson Guitar Works facility, bank details will follow at the end of this mail. We require this deposit within the next 7 days otherwise we reserve the right to move to the next potential customer in the pre-notification list.

3. Upon receipt of your deposit we will forward a confirmation e-mail and ask for your chosen model colour and specification plus details of location so we may calculate shipping, final invoicing and correct taxation for any export sales.

4. Then, sit back and wait for confirmation of completion of your Manson MB-1, pay the balance and wait for the guitar to arrive!

5. Please note deposits are 50% non refundable in the event of cancellation or failure to pay the balance on a completed guitar within 28 days of completion notification.

Delivery of Edition 3 MB-1 guitars is estimated to be Autumn 2011.

Models/Options available for 2011

MB-1 Matt Black £3199

MB-1 Red Glitter £3399

Options Add MIDI Controller Screen Add £309 inc VAT

Custom Hardware ADD £249 including VAT

Guitar Specs

Alder Body

Birds Eye Maple Neck

Rosewood Fingerboard

MBK-2 Bridge Humbucker

Fernandes Sustainer Humbucking Neck Pickup

Fixed Bridge

Gotoh 510 Machine Heads

Kill Switch

Volume, Tone

Sustainer On/Off Switch

Sustainer – Harmonic/Fundamental Switch

3-way Pickup Selector Switch

Manson Deluxe Logo Hard Case

Signed Certificate of Authenticity by Matthew Bellamy and Hugh Manson

All guitars are made in the UK

It is also possible to special order the custom made round machine head buttons and control knobs as seen on Matthew’s first two Manson Guitars. The price for these items is a £249 upcharge. These machine head buttons are made for each individual guitar hence the price. Please note the base price of each guitar has risen from 2010 to accommodate the UK VAT increase from January this year however we have absorbed the cost of the VAT rise on the red glitter finish and custom hardware options.

<<<<<Bank Account details are here which I won't put up just in case>>>>>

PLEASE ABSORB ALL CHARGES

END OF DETAILS

Regards

Adrian Ashton

Manson Guitar Works

They probably got tired of saying they were going to put them on and then having people whining when they didn't? :rolleyes:

Anyway, just to clear this up...

2009 Run = Sold out in about 2 weeks

2010 Run = Sold out in about 4 days

2011 Run = Sold out in about 8 hours

I'm glad I decided not to wait another year! :eek:

Even so, how many people have played that guitar? Apparently Hugh told Matt to hide it under his bed now because it's the first one...he had it on his guitar rack in 2007, but I don't think he'd actually played it live since 2005. I don't think it's going around the world anymore though...can't tell from the dunlop rig video.

Don't know if its still in his touring rack, but it was there in 2009 on the teignmouth documentary thing when they were in their practice studio.

They probably got tired of saying they were going to put them on and then having people whining when they didn't? :rolleyes:

Anyway, just to clear this up...

2009 Run = Sold out in about 2 weeks

2010 Run = Sold out in about 4 days

2011 Run = Sold out in about 8 hours

I'm glad I decided not to wait another year! :eek:

Yeah, though I don't recall the first run selling out in 2 weeks? thought it was longer.

Don't know if its still in his touring rack, but it was there in 2009 on the teignmouth documentary thing when they were in their practice studio.

The black and white pictures? Yeah, I was actually looking at those yesterday and noticed it. I doubt it's in his touring rack now - he probably had it in the studio in case he wanted a different sound or something (seeing as that's the only guitar with a motherbucker now)

Oh, it might have been...I only have vague recollections of it...But I'm sure it was 2-3 weeks...Because I remember reading that they'd expected the first run to sell out in a couple of months, but they'd all but sold them all in the first couple of weeks, or something like that...I don't know the exact dates for the first run though...But my point was simply how much faster they're going now, and how many people are still on the list wanting one...It's pretty crazy. I'd hate to be trying to get one next year or after now to be honest!

Ah, I've got the article open but I've not read through it all yet...Wow...Wow, wow, wow, is all I can say. No wonder they were so busy yesterday. I had no idea. I knew it was at least in the hundreds but had no idea it was that many...Well...Still in the first 75 then! :happy:

Yeah, I'm sure that must be right. But still, you can see why they've gone so quickly this time, compared to the 80 people waiting for the last run, as there's going to be a certain percentage of people who are ready to go for it, and with more people waiting, the number of those people trying to get in the 25 is going to rise proportionately with it, hence the 8 hours of chaos yesterday, I guess...

i would say the enquiries are in the thousand, wouldn't go as far as imagine thousands of people with money ready, committed to buying it.

Yeah, that's probably what he meant.

They didn't even show up on the website this time. Last time 21 pre sold by email, and the remaining 4 sold on the website.

Yeah, I'm sure that must be right. But still, you can see why they've gone so quickly this time, compared to the 80 people waiting for the last run, as there's going to be a certain percentage of people who are ready to go for it, and with more people waiting, the number of those people trying to get in the 25 is going to rise proportionately with it, hence the 8 hours of chaos yesterday, I guess...

still found it a bit scary sending over £1000 with no guarantee you'd get a manson. would be even more unnerving to not phone them back to make sure everything is good to go.

Yeah, that's probably what he meant.

They didn't even show up on the website this time. Last time 21 pre sold by email, and the remaining 4 sold on the website.

Hi Hugh,

My name is Todd, I was thinking of buying a Manson MB-1 guitar just like Matt Bellamy, I am a big fan of muse and my mother said she would buy me a guitar for my 13th birthday. Could you please give me a quote?

Hi, £3500,

Thanks

Thanks Hugh, I will get back to you...

(Hugh clicks his number counter)

:LOL:!

Yeah, I'd have been panicking a lot if I hadn't been so quick on it. I've been on a stakeout of my email inbox for the last 8-9 days just in case! When Kageeby PM'd me to say he'd had the email just after 1.30pm, I phoned them up as I hadn't had anything, just to make sure, and the guy I spoke to said they had absolutely loads of people to email and they had to segment it first come first serve to be fair, but if I kept checking my email and I had the money all ready to go, I should be fine. I had the email about 2pm, and replied straight away, and then had the deposit sent within half an hour.

On another note, I've just checked and they've not even had chance to update the website page for it from last year yet! They may as well just take that information off and put "email for future orders" like they did with the DL1 or whatever. No one's got a chance of ever buying one straight from the website now! XD

:LOL:!

Yeah, I'd have been panicking a lot if I hadn't been so quick on it. I've been on a stakeout of my email inbox for the last 8-9 days just in case! When Kageeby PM'd me to say he'd had the email just after 1.30pm, I phoned them up as I hadn't had anything, just to make sure, and the guy I spoke to said they had absolutely loads of people to email and they had to segment it first come first serve to be fair, but if I kept checking my email and I had the money all ready to go, I should be fine. I had the email about 2pm, and replied straight away, and then had the deposit sent within half an hour.

On another note, I've just checked and they've not even had chance to update the website page for it from last year yet! They may as well just take that information off and put "email for future orders" like they did with the DL1 or whatever. No one's got a chance of ever buying one straight from the website now! XD

yeah i got mine at 4-5pm, but i phoned back straight after i sent the deposit which secured my spot, otherwise i would have randomly sent them £1000 FOR THE SHEER LULZ

Archived