Fucking hell, what a nutter! XD Thank god for all that glitter protecting it! :LOL:

That must be why the original eventually bit the dust...Not enough glitter! :rolleyes:

I have to say actually that watching that video is the first time that the new glitter finish has really grown on me...It's actually pretty nice...I wonder what they'll do with the next MB-1s, whether it'll be based on Santa 1.0 or Santa 2.0...

Poor Hugh though...What was it he said about that guitar being the best he'd ever built?! :LOL:

Yeah, but it was well worth the extra £200 for the red glitter finish.

Not because it's more durable, but because it's more masculine.

I'm not sure if you've been here recently, but have you seen this?

9:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTLoH46VrI

That'll buff right out.

I don't get his chucking them around any more :noey: even that seems almost rehearsed. Just such a waste, and I don't get the feeling it's because he's crazily carried away in the moment. More bored...

I don't get his chucking them around any more :noey: even that seems almost rehearsed. Just such a waste, and I don't get the feeling it's because he's crazily carried away in the moment. More bored...

Maybe it's an endorsment from Manson on just how well built they are?

Ask Olly. He saw Hugh's face when he told him that Matt had lobbed his new one across stage in its first show :LOL:

Yeah, I wouldn't be impressed either.

I mean, if you get something built for you and its been tried and tested it to perfection, you are going to love it. Usually Matt would just toss any guitar that did a bit of a blunder if his old habits were taken into account.

Surely it's a little bit of an act now. He smashed it onto his Dickinson amp at the first Sydney show, but didn't do anything the next. The other shows in Australia all got epic launches into drums...

Yeah, I wouldn't be impressed either.

I mean, if you get something built for you and its been tried and tested it to perfection, you are going to love it. Usually Matt would just toss any guitar that did a bit of a blunder if his old habits were taken into account.

Surely it's a little bit of an act now. He smashed it onto his Dickinson amp at the first Sydney show, but didn't do anything the next. The other shows in Australia all got epic launches into drums...

If it was a case of it being an act, then wouldn't it happen at every single gig? I think its just more to do with how good (or bad) the gig went, plus its the end of the tour. Either way, he could have at least thrown it into the crowd..

Santa could have come early for someone.

*bah dum tsh*

I feel like it's just for show now, like he does it because we all expect some sort of bodily harm to the red guitar after SS :LOL:

Ask Olly. He saw Hugh's face when he told him that Matt had lobbed his new one across stage in its first show :LOL:

It was an "orly?" face. Although I'm not 100% sure he said it was the best he'd built, but something along those lines, just seemed very proud of it.

:chuckle:

Is there any news on the original Glitterati/ Santa as of yet? Anyone seen it in Mansons?

as of about two weeks ago, it wasn't there (from what rust_relic said)

We might see the 2.0 in there before it!

I wonder what they'll do with the next MB-1s, whether it'll be based on Santa 1.0 or Santa 2.0...

They vary (mine ended up with those bands like the original :awesome: probably not intentional though), but it seems like this batch has a slight amount more. They won't be like Matt's though, because it wouldn't be practical.

Oh, and also, I noticed that there are two very tiny hairline cracks in the finish in mine. Maybe it's not as durable as I thought? It's in the expected places though...one near the neck joint, and the other near one of the string through holes.

And before you say it, I'm not stressing it, Simno ;) it's pretty hard to even notice.

as of about two weeks ago, it wasn't there (from what rust_relic said)

We might see the 2.0 in there before it!

They vary (mine ended up with those bands like the original :awesome: probably not intentional though), but it seems like this batch has a slight amount more. They won't be like Matt's though, because it wouldn't be practical.

Oh, and also, I noticed that there are two very tiny hairline cracks in the finish in mine. Maybe it's not as durable as I thought? It's in the expected places though...one near the neck joint, and the other near one of the string through holes.

And before you say it, I'm not stressing it, Simno ;) it's pretty hard to even notice.

Good good ;) I've been really going for it with my XY guitar, I find that one the least worrying to play as finish is the most easily repairable! hehe

Good good ;) I've been really going for it with my XY guitar, I find that one the least worrying to play as finish is the most easily repairable! hehe

Does it scratch easily? being non gloss and all

Also, just wondering what your opinion is...

You've seen what the back of the shatter looks like at the moment. Covered in scratches and just really sloppy in general from that refinish. Would you have it refinished in a plain silver satin or keep it as is?

I don't think I'll be sending the guitar in, but if for whatever reason I did, would you bother getting it refinished? that sloppy look is good in the same way the original silver manson looks, but in other ways, not so much...

Archived