Wait, what is this about a VAT increase? Fuck, Manson's just gets more and more expensive, doesn't it? :(

Shouldn't matter to people buying from outside the UK (you guys don't pay VAT when buying from UK businesses, right?). Basically the government are bumping it up to 20% to drum up a bit of extra cash presumably to sort the economy, save the world etc etc :rolleyes:

To put it in perspective a red glitter MB-1 will cost £76.57 more in the new year and that Ali-clad tele will be nearly £4400.

Shouldn't matter to people buying from outside the UK (you guys don't pay VAT when buying from UK businesses, right?). Basically the government are bumping it up to 20% to drum up a bit of extra cash presumably to sort the economy, save the world etc etc :rolleyes:

To put it in perspective a red glitter MB-1 will cost £76.57 more in the new year and that Ali-clad tele will be nearly £4400.

Oh yeah, we in the US don't pay VAT...:confused: Brainfart? :LOL:

I'm sure the import fees work out at least as much as the VAT anyway!

yeah, excluding postage costs i had to pay about $400 afterwards

mine would have been £3599, but it was £3062 or something like that without VAT.

strange question, but what string gauge and brand is everyone using on theirs? i have the same gauge it shipped with (10-52), but have switched to ernie balls. they tend to rattle a little more than the strings it shipped with (particularly since it's in drop D), so i'm considering changing to something else

yeah, excluding postage costs i had to pay about $400 afterwards

mine would have been £3599, but it was £3062 or something like that without VAT.

strange question, but what string gauge and brand is everyone using on theirs? i have the same gauge it shipped with (10-52), but have switched to ernie balls. they tend to rattle a little more than the strings it shipped with (particularly since it's in drop D), so i'm considering changing to something else

Same, I hadn't expected that :(

Actually, I'm using the exact same strings on mine, and I've got the same buzzing problem--although I'm considering having it set up again to fix that because when it got here I originally had it done with the standard .10s, which I normally play...

Same, I hadn't expected that :(

Actually, I'm using the exact same strings on mine, and I've got the same buzzing problem--although I'm considering having it set up again to fix that because when it got here I originally had it done with the standard .10s, which I normally play...

I recall mentioning it to you several times before though!

was yours bad with the standard 10's? I've only used 10-52 gauge so far, first the manson brand that it shipped with, then ernie ball. for whatever reason it's not quite as bad as it was when i got it, but i think that had to do with the slight tweaks that this guy did to it. this involved adjusting the pickups and saddles.

the setup was actually a bit off when i got it. i ended up doing a few things myself, but when i couldn't sort out the buzz/rattle, i took it into a well known tech. he said everything was in order, but just adjusted the two things i mentioned. you might want to take yours in as well. but who knows, it could be normal.

he also gave me a d'addario .52 to try (supposedly the EBs are a little more buzzy) but I haven't tried yet. not really been a fan of them. the strings do make a difference - i recall hugh mentioned something about this exact thing in an interview, and tim also told me about this over the phone a while back.

Matt uses 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 60. In other words, just standard 10's with the sixth string replaced with a .60

I get a lot less buzzing on the other one, which is in drop D as well, but with standard 10's (it's a bit temperamental with the setup). I can live with the noise I guess, not really noticeable through the amp.

I recall mentioning it to you several times before though!

was yours bad with the standard 10's? I've only used 10-52 gauge so far, first the manson brand that it shipped with, then ernie ball. for whatever reason it's not quite as bad as it was when i got it, but i think that had to do with the slight tweaks that this guy did to it. this involved adjusting the pickups and saddles.

the setup was actually a bit off when i got it. i ended up doing a few things myself, but when i couldn't sort out the buzz/rattle, i took it into a well known tech. he said everything was in order, but just adjusted the two things i mentioned. you might want to take yours in as well. but who knows, it could be normal.

he also gave me a d'addario .52 to try (supposedly the EBs are a little more buzzy) but I haven't tried yet. not really been a fan of them. the strings do make a difference - i recall hugh mentioned something about this exact thing in an interview, and tim also told me about this over the phone a while back.

Matt uses 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 60. In other words, just standard 10's with the sixth string replaced with a .60

I get a lot less buzzing on the other one, which is in drop D as well, but with standard 10's (it's a bit temperamental with the setup). I can live with the noise I guess, not really noticeable through the amp.

This makes me think I should try a different brand of 10-52's. I've used EB skinny top heavy bottoms forever now. I don't necessarily think I have a lot of buzz with the low E, but maybe I'd have less with another brand. I've always liked EB though. I have my strat, jazzmaster, and both the guitars I've made strung with them.

Ha...Yeah, I know you have to pay it on everything...I've just never had to pay £700 of it in one chunk before XD A £3000 guitar sounds a lot cheaper than a £3700 guitar somehow :rolleyes:

Yeah, but it's still a lot. Plus us americans also have to pay £250 shipping and then customs ($300 ish).

They didn't send out the email about the third run yet?

:LOL: Adrian told me it was so fuck you haha I shall pretend the other 25 don't exist!

Hah no I meant we know yours is 50 but I guess there's no way to know about the others, I'd like to know what mine is but seeing as they don't have sequential serial numbers I don't know if there's a way to find out. Perhaps Tim has it written down somewhere? I would thunk they'd keep record of which ones were completed and shipped out when...

i emailed oli the other day and he said that they have no intentions of offering it at the moment but if anything changes he will let me know.

Ah fair enough

Not yet, I don't think a silly little mirror surround will be high on their list with 50 mb1/dl1 and all the custom orders etc :LOL:

Archived