Strange.... whoever has a matte black MB-1, is your logo somewhat crooked? I know I saw one which had it perfectly straight, but I can't remember the others

Seems that the red glitter ones still have them crooked

headstock.jpg

The only other red glitter from the second run I've seen is Matt's, which is the same

Jerrys_Wembley_11Sept10-2.jpg

I think it actually looks quite nice in James's picture...The little ~ lines up well with the ) part of the shape I think, if that makes any sense whatsoever...I assume they'll be changing it again if they just got it wrong this time as well though XD

The difference in the amount of glitter between the first and second run is brilliant :LOL:

I actually think I prefer the logo the way it is on yours James...The way it sort of runs parallel to the tuning heads, and fits in that little ) of the headstock...I think it actually looks nicer than the straight version :$

The difference in the amount of glitter between the first and second run is brilliant :LOL:

I actually think I prefer the logo the way it is on yours James...The way it sort of runs parallel to the tuning heads, and fits in that little ) of the headstock...I think it actually looks nicer than the straight version :$

it bugged me that the logo wasn't straight on the MB1 :$

Oooh I see the difference properly now...They both look nice in their own way...The normal straight version and the slightly different one on James's anyway...Musecasters, I can see why it bugged you on yours...It does look completely wrong on that one =/ But why have they been any different than usual in the first place? Surely they've made enough guitars to get it right?

woop woop thats mine :)

yeah

ross, do you find the low E in particular to be somewhat buzzy on your MB-1? both mine and Jim's seem to have that issue. guessing it's normal since two guitars have it.

Oooh I see the difference properly now...They both look nice in their own way...But why have they been any different than usual in the first place? Surely they've made enough guitars to get it right?

well it's probably the guys who finish the guitars that apply the logos. (they're not finished at mansons)

I like the one that goes with the tuners so maybe that's the crooked one

yeah

well it's probably the guys who finish the guitars that apply the logos. (they're not finished at mansons)

You mean huge doesn't use a golden brush to paint them on!!?????

Hey guys,

Im currently over in Afghanistan and unfortunately missed the Resistance tour due to the deployment (first gig I've missed in almost ten years).

So in short, I treated myself to an MB-1 which will be arriving to my lovely wife in the coming days. Win.

Im just curious what kind of gear you guys are running along side your MB-1's? I'm changing up and developing my home studio once I get home and am still undecided on a number of things - but which amp to run is starting to pain me a little (I get fuck all time to research shit, and even when I do.. the net here is a horses arse to use).

Thanks in advance for any opinions offered up.

Cheers guys

D

Hey guys,

Im currently over in Afghanistan and unfortunately missed the Resistance tour due to the deployment (first gig I've missed in almost ten years).

So in short, I treated myself to an MB-1 which will be arriving to my lovely wife in the coming days. Win.

Im just curious what kind of gear you guys are running along side your MB-1's? I'm changing up and developing my home studio once I get home and am still undecided on a number of things - but which amp to run is starting to pain me a little (I get fuck all time to research shit, and even when I do.. the net here is a horses arse to use).

Cheers guys

D

I'm guessing your MB-1 is from the second run then? didn't know they were still finishing them up.

At the moment I'm just using a Marshall JVM 210H head and 1960AX 4x12 for an amp setup. Covers pretty much everything except cleans, so I'm looking into getting an AC30 of some sort.

As for effects...not many. I'm using the korg kaoss pad KP2 with the MB-1 though. Haven't tried a KP3 with it, but might at some point. The digitech whammy WH-4 can also be used with it, but I haven't done that yet (sorry Tom)

Not sure what else you want to know. I've got a bit of a disappointing recording setup, but it works well enough at the moment.

Hey guys,

Cheers guys

D

I'm running mine through a Line 6 M13, Whammy 4, FF and KP2, then into a '67 Silvertone. As opposed to James, I prefer to affect my signal to fuck then boost it :)

Also, just sayin' that treating yourself to an MB-1 is the definition of win. Thanks for your service :happy:

I doubt they're really making that much of an effort to get the logos perfectly straight. The're probably just putting them on their however they please.

That doesn't sound like something a company making a run of 25 £3600 guitars would do to be honest. I think the positioning is consistent with each batch.

That doesn't sound like something a company making a run of 25 £3600 guitars would do to be honest. I think the positioning is consistent with each batch.

I think the opposite. A factory that's mass-producing hundreds of a product can be expected to have identical output, since they're just following a set formula/template. When someone is making a limited run of a product where each one is handled personally by a human being, well, I would EXPECT all of them to be different, and something like a logo is bound to move around.

I think the opposite. A factory that's mass-producing hundreds of a product can be expected to have identical output, since they're just following a set formula/template. When someone is making a limited run of a product where each one is handled personally by a human being, well, I would EXPECT all of them to be different, and something like a logo is bound to move around.

True, I think his point is that there must be some sort of QC though

True, I think his point is that there must be some sort of QC though

strange thing is that only the glitter ones have them crooked now. we'll see on the next batch i guess.

speaking of that. here's something to push Bs over the edge, as I know I'm the reason he got put on that list :ninja:

IMG_0657.jpg

I think that does the finish justice. it's not ALL showing, but most.

Lets see some more of yours Jim. :pope:

Archived