How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

The simplicity of the lyrics to Redemption really bring to mind an actual plea for Absolution or rebirth.

Or maybe Matt can see into the future....

He saw the setlist beef coming.

Redemption is actually a plea for the hardcore fans to stick around until the next tour and give Muse a chance for redemption.

"Let's start over again" - Let's start our relationship with Muse all over again.

"This time we'll get it right" - This time Muse will make an effort, and this time they'll get it right damnit.

"It's our last chance to forgive ourselves" - It's the last chance for Muse to make their shows worth going to again, and the last chance for them to forgive themselves for screwing us over.

----

Am I right? :eyebrows:

Or maybe Matt can see into the future....

He saw the setlist beef coming.

Redemption is actually a plea for the hardcore fans to stick around until the next tour and give Muse a chance for redemption.

"Let's start over again" - Let's start our relationship with Muse all over again.

"This time we'll get it right" - This time Muse will make an effort, and this time they'll get it right damnit.

"It's our last chance to forgive ourselves" - It's the last chance for Muse to make their shows worth going to again, and the last chance for them to forgive themselves for screwing us over.

----

Am I right? :eyebrows:

I don't think so :LOL:

the one thing i have never questioned about muse [minus nsc] is the lyrics. imo they're perfect.

Always?

Generally, I'm a fan of Muse lyrics, even though even a lot of fans seem to think they're shit. However, I still think there are times when they're not that good: a lot of the lyrics from the early era are pretty embarassing. and more recently there has been a bit of a stilton odour about some songs.

I always find I have to be in the right mood to listen to it, and I hardly listen to it all together. I was listening to part III and I don't know.. I just realised how beautiful and amazing it sounds. I always thought it was pretty nice but it just sounded so supurb today, especially when Chris' vocals kick in.

NOTE: This is just my feelings and are not meant to insult anyones views of anything. PLUS i could just be a crackpot so who knows.

Personally I feel this is one of the better songs of our generation.

First take into account the theory of Exogensis. The idea that life came here from another source out in the universe.

Now think about the life problems we go through everyday and our struggle with ourselves and those around us.

Finally think about religion and how it allows the idea of resistance between Exogenesis and God.

Now the lyrics.

"Aping my soul,

You stole my overture,

Trapped in God's program,

Oh I can't escape"

This is a select part of humanity realizing the conflict and extremem ends of the fabirc of life and death. With no god, comes no afterlife, comes nothingness. A scary thought to those which can grasp it.

Aping my soul, its tearing at his heart and his mind.

You stole my overture, it changed his life's perspective, changing the way he views it.

Trapped in gods program, the idea that the world is consumed with wars and hatred over a concept of a god, that we will always be a slave to our creation of god unless we can break free.

Oh I can't escape, The breaking point of humanity will be rough and some will not succedd in new beliefs, being forever trapped against these thoughts of nothing.

NOW the mid part with the questions.

Once his realization in the first stanza he begins asking the age old questions, looking for answers in the sky and anywhere. Being a grouping of atoms and energy is hard to grasp and hard to realize.

THEN

I can't forgive you,

And I can't forget

I can't forgive you, saying this to himself and to those who are blinded with the next line saying.

And I can't forget, this saying that these new thoughts will forever haunt his brain, and the way he now views the world has changed.

FINALLY, the repeat of the questions.

BREAK

Now the first part is man in a gerneal sense, questioning his realizations and beliefs. Eventually in time, beyond years and years, the earth will break down and dissapate, humanity needs a new home to survive. There are two ways to take the next two parts, either

A) Humanity itself as a living thing acesnds into the stars and finds a new planet

or based off the title, the haunting realization that humanity will fail due to its beliefs, and exogenesis will resume to form new life.

B) Once humanity has destroyed itself with hate and war based off belief struggles and conflict the earth is a desolate planet, and for millions of years it floats through space untill it begins to break apart.

Now that the earth begins its cycle. and The second part jumps in.

Rise above the crowds

And wade through toxic clouds

Breach the outer sphere

The edge of all our fears

Rest with you

We are counting on you

It's up to you

Rise above the crowds, saying that people and or these parts must rise out of the clouds, or into space and expand into space.

And wade through toxic clouds, saying that the people have destroyed the earth and these pieces that are floating off are struggling to get through. Or actual people going to space.

From here ill take it that this song is about the detruction of a planet based off exogenesis

Breach the outer sphere, the parts of out planet are in space.

The edge of all our fears rest with you, these pieces carry small strands of space material that in turn carry who we are ad living creatures on planet earth.

We are counting on you its up to you, even though humanity itself has been destroyed these pieces of fragmented space material floating through the nothingness are the only chance of spreading life similar to earth anywhere else.

THEN the climax of the 2nd part.

Spread our codes to the stars

You must rescue us all

You must rescue us all

Here reiderating that for millions of years these particles and solid forms of the remainders of earth are traveling through space and are capable of forming new life on distant forming planets.

Tell us,

tell us your final wish

Now we know you can never return

Tell us,

tell us your final wish

We will tell it to the world

This segment here refers back to when people were conflicted, asking what you really want out of life, and our future as humans. Once we make a decision it could be over and well never be able to go back.

BREAK

the final part.

The end of Exogenesis, where the pieces that have been traveling for so long, hit a forming planet, with heat and enrgy, material is formed on this new planet, eventually, given time, life will begin to grow.

so the first lyrics.

Let's start over again

Why can't we start it over again?

Just let us start it over again

Saying now that we, as these bits and fragments are here, its time to rebuild what we once were. Questioning now if it would be worth it.

Then the best lines.

And we'll be good

This time we'll get it...

Get it right

Saying this time will we change whats been written, after the collapse humanity could we as a new forming world learn from where we failed. But i take this statement in a negative sense, saying that this world like its predisesor will fail due to the human's mind ability to make it feel better about death ie. religion. Due to its founding nature, I feel religion is the humans way to cope with death and loss. A feel good drug. And like any drug it can be abused and is easy to be blinded by reality.

THEN the final line.

It's our last chance to forgive ourselves

With this realization can we forgive our pasts and unite as one, with true understandings of our universe, or will we continue to flounder.

Now, I take the entire Resistance album, and feed into this exogenesis. By saying that each song represents forms of realization and the overthrow of those who control us and blind us from truth.

Uprising- Freeing the oppressed to unite

Resistance - Resisting the forces of the strong to unite with the weak.

Undisclosed Desires - Love song, with hints of of the main concept. "I want to reconcile the violence in your heart"

United States of Eurasia- The world coming to be 2 sided. Collisions between continents are inevitable with forming of larger countries and terrotries.

Guiding Light - Def not a love song in my mind, more a test of fate within one man, the idea of religion.

Unnatural Selection - The weak have grown in numbers and are beginning to fight, countries colliding, boundries being torn apart.

Mkultra - MKULTRA was a CIA test of mind control . The idea of mind control not only in the government but in the world of religion. aka - crusades, jihads.

I belong to you - The calm before the storm basically. Love song, still gotta make it fun :p gotta love my logic here.

EXOGENSIS Based off all these previous songs, either humanity will cleanse itself and start over within a new planet alive. Or we will destory ourselves, and expand into the universe just like the way we arrived.

So there it is haha.

i must be a crack pot

Like every other pop song today, in other words?

Most other pop songs are simple and upbeat, but not very effective. UD and Invincible actually convey meaning in a manner that is fairly simple and straightforward without forcing it down your throat, like a lot of today's pop music.

NOTE: This is just my feelings and are not meant to insult anyones views of anything. PLUS i could just be a crackpot so who knows.

Personally I feel this is one of the better songs of our generation.

First take into account the theory of Exogensis. The idea that life came here from another source out in the universe.

Now think about the life problems we go through everyday and our struggle with ourselves and those around us.

Finally think about religion and how it allows the idea of resistance between Exogenesis and God.

Now the lyrics.

"Aping my soul,

You stole my overture,

Trapped in God's program,

Oh I can't escape"

This is a select part of humanity realizing the conflict and extremem ends of the fabirc of life and death. With no god, comes no afterlife, comes nothingness. A scary thought to those which can grasp it.

Aping my soul, its tearing at his heart and his mind.

You stole my overture, it changed his life's perspective, changing the way he views it.

Trapped in gods program, the idea that the world is consumed with wars and hatred over a concept of a god, that we will always be a slave to our creation of god unless we can break free.

Oh I can't escape, The breaking point of humanity will be rough and some will not succedd in new beliefs, being forever trapped against these thoughts of nothing.

NOW the mid part with the questions.

Once his realization in the first stanza he begins asking the age old questions, looking for answers in the sky and anywhere. Being a grouping of atoms and energy is hard to grasp and hard to realize.

THEN

I can't forgive you,

And I can't forget

I can't forgive you, saying this to himself and to those who are blinded with the next line saying.

And I can't forget, this saying that these new thoughts will forever haunt his brain, and the way he now views the world has changed.

FINALLY, the repeat of the questions.

BREAK

Now the first part is man in a gerneal sense, questioning his realizations and beliefs. Eventually in time, beyond years and years, the earth will break down and dissapate, humanity needs a new home to survive. There are two ways to take the next two parts, either

A) Humanity itself as a living thing acesnds into the stars and finds a new planet

or based off the title, the haunting realization that humanity will fail due to its beliefs, and exogenesis will resume to form new life.

B) Once humanity has destroyed itself with hate and war based off belief struggles and conflict the earth is a desolate planet, and for millions of years it floats through space untill it begins to break apart.

Now that the earth begins its cycle. and The second part jumps in.

Rise above the crowds

And wade through toxic clouds

Breach the outer sphere

The edge of all our fears

Rest with you

We are counting on you

It's up to you

Rise above the crowds, saying that people and or these parts must rise out of the clouds, or into space and expand into space.

And wade through toxic clouds, saying that the people have destroyed the earth and these pieces that are floating off are struggling to get through. Or actual people going to space.

From here ill take it that this song is about the detruction of a planet based off exogenesis

Breach the outer sphere, the parts of out planet are in space.

The edge of all our fears rest with you, these pieces carry small strands of space material that in turn carry who we are ad living creatures on planet earth.

We are counting on you its up to you, even though humanity itself has been destroyed these pieces of fragmented space material floating through the nothingness are the only chance of spreading life similar to earth anywhere else.

THEN the climax of the 2nd part.

You must rescue us all

You must rescue us all

Here reiderating that for millions of years these particles and solid forms of the remainders of earth are traveling through space and are capable of forming new life on distant forming planets.

Tell us,

tell us your final wish

Now we know you can never return

Tell us,

tell us your final wish

We will tell it to the world

This segment here refers back to when people were conflicted, asking what you really want out of life, and our future as humans. Once we make a decision it could be over and well never be able to go back.

BREAK

the final part.

The end of Exogenesis, where the pieces that have been traveling for so long, hit a forming planet, with heat and enrgy, material is formed on this new planet, eventually, given time, life will begin to grow.

so the first lyrics.

Let's start over again

Why can't we start it over again?

Just let us start it over again

Saying now that we, as these bits and fragments are here, its time to rebuild what we once were. Questioning now if it would be worth it.

Then the best lines.

And we'll be good

This time we'll get it...

Get it right

Saying this time will we change whats been written, after the collapse humanity could we as a new forming world learn from where we failed. But i take this statement in a negative sense, saying that this world like its predisesor will fail due to the human's mind ability to make it feel better about death ie. religion. Due to its founding nature, I feel religion is the humans way to cope with death and loss. A feel good drug. And like any drug it can be abused and is easy to be blinded by reality.

THEN the final line.

It's our last chance to forgive ourselves

With this realization can we forgive our pasts and unite as one, with true understandings of our universe, or will we continue to flounder.

Now, I take the entire Resistance album, and feed into this exogenesis. By saying that each song represents forms of realization and the overthrow of those who control us and blind us from truth.

Uprising- Freeing the oppressed to unite

Resistance - Resisting the forces of the strong to unite with the weak.

Undisclosed Desires - Love song, with hints of of the main concept. "I want to reconcile the violence in your heart"

United States of Eurasia- The world coming to be 2 sided. Collisions between continents are inevitable with forming of larger countries and terrotries.

Guiding Light - Def not a love song in my mind, more a test of fate within one man, the idea of religion.

Unnatural Selection - The weak have grown in numbers and are beginning to fight, countries colliding, boundries being torn apart.

Mkultra - MKULTRA was a CIA test of mind control . The idea of mind control not only in the government but in the world of religion. aka - crusades, jihads.

I belong to you - The calm before the storm basically. Love song, still gotta make it fun :p gotta love my logic here.

EXOGENSIS Based off all these previous songs, either humanity will cleanse itself and start over within a new planet alive. Or we will destory ourselves, and expand into the universe just like the way we arrived.

So there it is haha.

i must be a crack pot

I actually found this quite interesting .Maybe I'm a crackpot too :LOL:

I've always looked at the Symphony as sort of a healing process actually :LOL:

Don't know, it's weird, but every time I feel bad or depression is catching up with me (due to stress over school or just a random breakdown) and feel like I have to get my emotions out, I listen to it (from beginning to end) in my headphones, isolated from everything else.

It's like Overture brings the ''suppressed'' feelings out, Cross-pollination makes you think and Redemption just makes everything all better again. It's just something about Redemption, in particularly, that makes .... GAH, Don't know what the hell it is, but it's something alright :LOL:

It's odd, I know, but it always helps.

It's just a beautiful piece in oh so many ways.

bliss or blackout lyrics ftw.

Simple yet effective. Both of them are lyrically very very sound.

Stockholm Syndrome is very good lyrically as well. Some of the lyrics are dripping with bitter irony ("I won't stand in your way" "I won't hold you back")

The main issue with UD lyrically for me is that some of the lyrics are really not suited to Matt's voice. I'm sure someone else could pull them off with no issues at all but with Matt it sounds corny as hell.

Personally, i'm fine with the lyrics of stuff like Invincible and Undisclosed Desires. They don't have brilliant pop lyrics (and there ARE brilliant, uplifting, simple pop lyrics), but their lyrics definitely don't detract from them in any way.

I'd say that the best lyrics in a Muse track may actually be Megalomania. Brilliant brilliant stuff there.

Personally, i'm fine with the lyrics of stuff like Invincible and Undisclosed Desires. They don't have brilliant pop lyrics (and there ARE brilliant, uplifting, simple pop lyrics), but their lyrics definitely don't detract from them in any way.

I'd say that the best lyrics in a Muse track may actually be Megalomania. Brilliant brilliant stuff there.

this. only topped by Citizen Erased

I actually find the entire album to be a second part in a way to many concepts brought up in Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. For starters I think it's common knowledge that there is a riff common to Citizen Erased, Interlude, and Resistance. Yes? If not you really should take a listen through those songs and it should jump out at you. Next take Sing for Absolution and compare it to Cross-Pollination. Especially take a close look at the music video for Sing for Absolution and tell me those two songs are not related. If you tell me I'm crazy I'll believe you but I feel there's a bigger story going on in these albums.

I actually find the entire album to be a second part in a way to many concepts brought up in Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. For starters I think it's common knowledge that there is a riff common to Citizen Erased, Interlude, and Resistance. Yes? If not you really should take a listen through those songs and it should jump out at you. Next take Sing for Absolution and compare it to Cross-Pollination. Especially take a close look at the music video for Sing for Absolution and tell me those two songs are not related. If you tell me I'm crazy I'll believe you but I feel there's a bigger story going on in these albums.

No, Interlude has nothing to do with CE or Resistance. Don't know where you pulled that one from.

Archived