How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

I'm doing a transcription of Exo 3 (Redemption), but in some parts it's difficult to tell exactly which string instruments are playing what. I have played in symphony orchestras, but only once, and where instruments can play the same pitch it's hard to tell. Does anyone whether it's violin (II) and viola or viola and cello playing the string melody that comes in at 2:49?

Listen to the instrumental version, it's easier (youtube or microcuts. Btw, both violin, viola and cello can play this pitchwise.

I've done a complete transcription of Exo Pt 3: Redemption. Please see my sig for link :D

you remembered to put the flats in the right place?

someone did one and forgot to and it frustrated me to no end

Bb! not B natural...but I am sure you have done it nicely...I will look in a bit

All right, I've had this idea since I first heard the album, but never got around to posting about it. Here goes:

The line "Let's start over again." at the end of the album reminds me of the records I used to listen to as a kid. When you got to the end of side A, a voice would say, "Now turn the record over!" or something like that. Some had the message on both sides.

"Let's start over again" sounds like an invitation to play the album over again.

It would be sweet if that were one meaning; the other a possible hopeful ending to the story.

• 2 weeks later...
(Hope I'm allowed to post these and don't listen if you're resisting the previews)

I dunno if you've seen these before...but could someone tell me please...what is it? How did this guy know what it would sound like so early?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edjj80iZ2MQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxrAAEXgtnY&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/mobytoss&feature=player_profilepage

There's another one on the next page.

Lol at these. :p:D

3 months on, I think it might have pipped New Born to top spot. I don't even listen to it a lot because I feel like it's a song to be played when I'm in the right mood. It was also the first song to make me cry my eyes out on first listen :supersad:

Defintely one of the best things they've done, as a whole and in their seperate parts. The musicianship is staggering - if any other band tried this, they would utterly fail.

Many bands have had string arrangements with their songs, since like, the beginning of time.

Definitely one of my favoirte Muse songs (I also consider all 3 as one) but not my favorite. I also can't say any Muse song (or really any song for that matter) has remotely brought me close to tears. It is quite fantastic though and the first part of EG sounds like a soundtrack to the end of the world and it'd be even more fitting for that Watchmen trailer than 'Take a Bow' was.

The vocals in overture are one of the things I like most about exogenesis.

Yeah I'm not knocking the vocals at all, they're incredible. Perhaps it would be best if it was just extended, we had a few minutes of instrumental arppegios with additional lead guitar and then the vocals came in, followed by the guitar solo.

Really the whole thing just needs to be longer.

Listening to this in instrumental. I think the whole symphony would be better if Overture was an instrumental track. But CP and Redemption were the same.

For me, Matt's vocal moves me as much as the instrumental. It adds to the atmosphere. I wouldn't want the vocal left off Overture.

Yeah I'm not knocking the vocals at all, they're incredible. Perhaps it would be best if it was just extended, we had a few minutes of instrumental arppegios with additional lead guitar and then the vocals came in, followed by the guitar solo.

Really the whole thing just needs to be longer.

Yeah, I see what you mean, that would be cool.

As it is I don't really listen to the whole thing anymore, to be honest. Just separate songs.

Archived