How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

• 1 month later...

For me it could be symbolic of other real things in life, rather than the end of the world which is probably the most emotive part, but obviously not real at this point, thank god! Sort of all the pain, loss and fear produced by the contemplation of the end of a long term relationship and entering unchartered territory but then maybe that's to do with something going on in my life.

This. The first level of meaning is definitely still the exogenesis story, but considering the other themes within the album ("Love is our resistance" etc.) I think it makes a lot of sense that these three pieces are, on a deeper level, about a relationship. For instance, looking at the Redemption section of the exogenesis story: "when the astronauts realize that it is just one big cycle, and recognize unless humanity can change it will happen all over again." you could say that the person moving on from the relationship realises that maybe it's just a big cycle, and unless they change they will never find lasting love. Anyway, sorry for being so soppy!

This. The first level of meaning is definitely still the exogenesis story, but considering the other themes within the album ("Love is our resistance" etc.) I think it makes a lot of sense that these three pieces are, on a deeper level, about a relationship. For instance, looking at the Redemption section of the exogenesis story: "when the astronauts realize that it is just one big cycle, and recognize unless humanity can change it will happen all over again." you could say that the person moving on from the relationship realises that maybe it's just a big cycle, and unless they change they will never find lasting love. Anyway, sorry for being so soppy!

Well the theory of Exogenesis (also called Panspermia) says that life is spread in seeds throughout the galaxy. Exogenesis directly says that life on Earth originated from one these seeds. These seeds exist all over the galaxy and are responsible for the spread of life to other planets.Yep, I'm a geek :cool: It's actually a really interesting theory and would make a lot of sense if it were true. Makes more sense to me than this silly God character.

The song relates bc its about the spreading of life to other planets, albeit not through seeds, but still it's a really cool concept. Especially the bit about Earth being ruined and man trying to start again and spread out but ultimately realizing the problem is with humanity, not the planet Earth. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who reads up on inter-planetary life origin theories :D

• 7 months later...

Well, I came here so that maybe someone could enlighten me a bit.

Im having a massive problem with last part of Exogenesis. The lyrics seem so lazy to me, especially the ending "Get it right. Its our last chance...", because the 'get it right' expression has already been used so little time before at MotP in BHaR.

And the production also seems a little clumsy at one point where he only says "this time we'll get it" and then his voice kind of waves and it seems there is some other word. (might a problem of mine, cause im no native speaker, but ive listened to it a billion times and havent yet figured it out what he says).

Muse is probably my favorite band ever and thats the main reason I really want to "solve" that problem, especially since Redemption is such a well praised song among fans. Maybe I just dont get it.

Any thing to say? ^^

Yeah maybe this post is a bit stupid

I too have noticed the extreme similarity in the way Matt sings "get it right" in map and exo: 3. It never bugged me though, because they are both great songs.

And I'm pretty sure he's saying. "This time we'll get it, hmm get it riiiiiiiiight. It's our last yada yada yada."

Even the way he sings the line is similar, and I'd say it's deliberate. There are a few things in The Resistance that seem self-referential, and many of the themes tie in with stuff they explored in Absolution and BH&R. You could look at MotP as a kind of prologue to The Resistance, lamenting that we "can't get it right", and then Redemption ends with the hope that we can start afresh and make a better job.

So yeah, I definitely don't have a problem with it. I think it makes it more interesting.

It's my favourite part of The Resistance. Matt's delivery of Exogenesis and, in particular, Redemption is just outstanding; it's the most moving, powerful piece Muse have ever produced, it set off goosebumps everytime I hear it. The simplicity of the lyrics to Redemption really bring to mind an actual plea for Absolution or rebirth.

It's my favourite part of The Resistance. Matt's delivery of Exogenesis and, in particular, Redemption is just outstanding; it's the most moving, powerful piece Muse have ever produced, it set off goosebumps everytime I hear it. The simplicity of the lyrics to Redemption really bring to mind an actual plea for Absolution or rebirth.

Couldn't have said it better!

thanks so much for all the answers...

it was fortunately VERY enlightening

i liked especially the video where matt sings slowly (thats actually the cd version edited, right?). I could figure out that what I thought was a bad production was in fact his pronunciation of "it" (more like "idd" than "iiit", if that makes sense).

and I really hope its a self reference to MoTP... though im not sure about this one

:)

+1!!

the one thing i have never questioned about muse [minus nsc] is the lyrics. imo they're perfect.

:wtf: I always felt lyrics were their biggest weakness, no offense. :p

I love Exogenesis part 3. I get all teary whenever I really listen to it.

Very very well said.

But when spelling absolution not as the album name, there's no capital. But the word just looks wrong without it. Just saying :)

Archived