Hate This and I'll Love You!

In Ryanbows

In my opinion, Hate This and I'll Love You is Muse's most underrated song. Even super-hardcore fans rarely discuss it. But why? It has awesome, chill-sounding instrumentals, and it builds over time to demonic sound effects that complete the song, making it one of my favorite Muse songs! How did it possibly get so neglected? It's just sitting there, in a corner, looking for a friend, but no one even sees it there. :p

But seriously, where's the love? Oh, yes, there it is, sitting comfortably near the end of the title. But that's all it has, really. Use this thread to give it some more. Say some good words about it, make it feel more appreciated. All it wants is some attention.

I love this song (even though I'm not a Showbiz fan right now). I put Showbiz on one night to fall asleep to. I woke up for this song. I think it was the crickets that woke me up ironically. :LOL:

I personally think that SS should be on Showbiz in place of Overdue or something like that. Ugh, I don't really like Showbiz much anyways, Muscle Museum, Showbiz, Falling Down, Hate This, and SS should have been the album. :LOL:

My favorite song of their discography :) The cicadas are chilling, the guitar sliding solo is awesomely powerful and non-Musey(ish?), and the vocals are perfect :D

And although I don't get all the SS love, Uno or Overdue are far worse than Falling Down, though I suppose FD isn't the typical Muse track.

That makes me wonder. Is there anyone who likes Overdue?

I like it about as much as Hyper Music. I regret mentioning it in my post earlier, because it's actually Sober and Uno that are the weaker tracks. I had forgotten about the royal Canadian blended :)

LOVE the pants off this song! :happy: And I love the irony in that, considering the title of the song lol. But it's Definitely higly underrated and underappreciated and easily one of the best tracks on Showbiz... it's just got such power and oompf lol. I love the angsty feel, Matt's voice and lyrics are great 'COZ IIIII WAS BORRN TO DESTROOOOYY YOOUUUU' It's a dark gem for def! :)

And yeah, I too don't get why it's overlooked by so many people when it's such a great song... then again, not many of us seem to give Showbiz tracks a lot of love lol. Only a few are truly awesome, the rest are good, not ammezin though! :awesome: lol

Archived