Hate This and I'll Love You!

In Ryanbows

I love it, everything about it. I love the lyrics of the first verse particularly.

Oh I am growing tired

Of allowing you to steal...

Everything I have

You're making me feel

Like I was born to service you

But I am growing by the hour

It's just so cleverly put I think as no one is born just to service another person or people, but it's true that some people do seem to expect that.

But then.

I was born to destroy you

goes back to the rebellion of the majority of the rest of the album.

I love Showbiz, particularly Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Cave, Showbiz, Unintended, Falling Down, Escape and Hate This and I'll Love you. It seems to have quite a few songs that people adore so I don't know why the album, as a whole, has a bad rep.

Just adding the emotional delivery of Hate This and I'll Love You is exceptional. Completely involves me in the angst of the song. But then it's not the only one that does that.

• 1 year later...
Bump: Just randomly found this vid of it live, has anyone seen it before? I've only seen that other one which is pretty crap quality....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMknkPCg_Aw&feature=channel_video_title

I downloaded it off musebootlegs when it first came out. This is probably #3 on the list of songs I want to see live the most (B&H and CE are the first 2, and they're done). It's one of my favorite Muse songs ever.

If you look at Muse Wiki now apparently the song was more common back then than originally stated.

I think it's because Muse themselves seem to have forgotten it. They haven't really played it live or even mentioned it in any interview. The situation would be totally different if they would have played it live all the time like Unintended and it would have evolved with time. I don't understand why that hasn't happened though.

I really like this song, and I agree that SS should've replaced something on Showbiz. This is actually the playlist I use for Showbiz:

1. Sunburn

2. Muscle Museum

3. Falling Down

4. Uno

5. Showbiz

6. Nishe

7. Spiral Static

8. Unintended

9. Agitated

10. Hate This and I'll Love You

ugh, the only thing good about Agitated is the riff. Much prefer Ashamed.

OT: I agree with it being one of the most underrated songs too. Good song.

Archived