I'm not talking to anybody in specific so don't get offended.

But I am wondering, for those of you in bands, don't you ever get tired of writing and playing cliche songs? Like so many of these new unsigned bands have just the most cliche chord changes, terrible lyrics (which isn't too much of an issue) and a basic melody thats been done sooo many times.

I hardly ever go on a bands myspace and think, wow I actually like these. Its annoying really, I wish people would try and stray from the norm a bit with song writing. I guess it can also have a bit to do with lack of training in theory and that really. I study music, and we have to compose songs for our assignments, and when I hear other peoples, they are just always so fucking obvious.

I just hope anybody in an unsigned band knows, they gotta produce something a bit special to get noticed these days.

But I am wondering, for those of you in bands, don't you ever get tired of writing and playing cliche songs? Like so many of these new unsigned bands have just the most cliche chord changes, terrible lyrics (which isn't too much of an issue) and a basic melody thats been done sooo many times.

I hardly ever go on a bands myspace and think, wow I actually like these. Its annoying really, I wish people would try and stray from the norm a bit with song writing. I guess it can also have a bit to do with lack of training in theory and that really. I study music, and we have to compose songs for our assignments, and when I hear other peoples, they are just always so fucking obvious.

I just hope anybody in an unsigned band knows, they gotta produce something a bit special to get noticed these days.

totaly agree... but it is fun to play cliche stuff evry now and then :p

Obvious is obvious for a reason, your classical training should tell you that ;)

Anyway, 'new' song up on myspace: http://www.ttma.co.uk

Hey all,

My band Sigils (Formerly Myr, Goat, Architect, and The Hills Have Eyes) have recorded our second EP/album (30 minutes, seven tracks, so I guess it's a mini-album).

I wanted your feedback before we record vocals and do the final mix, because I started my musical journey here on this forum like six years ago or something.

Anyway, I hope you all will listen. I think it sounds very professional, but I still want some feedback before we do the final mix. I know it's kinda hard to make judgements based on the instrumental tracks, as vocals are a big part of the sound, but try to be objective and technical here. If you like the music, or dislike it, feel free to post your thoughts as well.

For the Muse fans I guess there are some Muse inspired moments on this record, mainly the later parts of track 4.

So, please, please, listen and give it to me straight.

http://simenruud.com/div/sigilsep.rar

Love,

Simen,

Sigils

Finally I now know where I got The Hills Have Eyes songs from! I like this stuff too :) Looking forward to live videos

Hey guys !

I'm really proud to announce the release of my new piano solo album today !

It is available for free download on www.gimmesound.com

All you have to do is sign up (also free) and all the songs are yours !

You can also listen to the whole album on www.mathieufiset.com

A physical edition (with more songs and probably some guests musicians) might come out early 2010, details will come in a week or so for a presale.

Enjoy !

Mathieu

Hey, I'll give a listen tommmorow! Im on iPod. What style are you?

Hey cool ! My style is prety vast...as everyone say haha...but this exact album is an instrumental piano solo record. I like to describe it as "a dark piano experience".

The track "Vivre l'instant présent : Impro 1" is maybe the most Muse influenced track on the album, give it a listen !

(here's the link before it disapear in the madness of the forum :p)

www.gimmesound.com/mathieufiset

Remmember, it's free !

Hey guys Im in a piano pop rock band called The Gap Year Riot

Would appreciate if u could check out a song or two on the myspace and let me know what u think!

http://www.myspace.com/thegapyearriot

May not be your cup of tea but if u could be constructive would be great

Brilliant work mate. Your stuff is real catchy.

See you are playing with Azriel who are also a top band! They've been going on for a bit now...

When/what? Might pop along if you're good:p

We should be on first at 7:15 at the Dublin castle which is meant to be a fairly well known pub in camden. Only our second gig outside of Norwich so we're hoping random people will go and like us. It's £4.50 to get in if you get a flyer from us, we should be down there from around 3 promoting.

http://www.myspace.com/kapoktheband