"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I'm working on a Muse mix CD for the OR; can't be too wild, but I want to be able to listen while working. I have already converted one anesthesiologist and one of the OR techs, so we'll see how many I can bring over with this. Any suggestions?

how about

1 sunburn

2 feeling good

3 can't take my eyes off you

4 muscle museum

5 eternally missed

6 falling away

7 butterflies

8 newborn

9 sfa

10 apocalypse

11 pib

12 ruled by secrecy

13 blackout

14 instant messenger

15 cave

16 map of your head

17 shine

18 endlessly

you muse moms crack me up

hahaha

+hi real mom

+hi muse mom of the east.

hello Brian my beloved adopted MuseSon...what's so funny :eek::) ...so glad WE bring a smile to your face....haven't seen you around for a while which can only mean you're finally spending time with your books ...;):p

I try to get people to listen to Muse, but not with any good results. I work at the dining hall on my college campus, and everyone there brings in cd's, so one day I brought in Absolution. From some overheard conversations ('all the songs sound the same', etc.), I think everyone hated it, but I go to school where most of the students listen to country and hip-hop, and most of the ones who listen to rock listen to crappy bands, so course no one's going to like it....

I play Muse a lot in my dorm room, and I think my roommate likes it (he said a while ago he likes TIRO) but then I play Space Dementia or Falling Down and he asks who it is. I gave him a copy of Absolution and let him burn my entire cd collection, so maybe he'll get into them! I recommended them to a couple of my friends and one of them said she liked a few songs so I let her borrow the cd's. But I did get one of my best friends into Muse with Absolution and I'm going to hang out with him over spring break so I'm gonna have him listen to the other albums!

I try to get people to listen to Muse, but not with any good results. I work at the dining hall on my college campus, and everyone there brings in cd's, so one day I brought in Absolution. From some overheard conversations ('all the songs sound the same', etc.), I think everyone hated it, but I go to school where most of the students listen to country and hip-hop, and most of the ones who listen to rock listen to crappy bands, so course no one's going to like it....

I play Muse a lot in my dorm room, and I think my roommate likes it (he said a while ago he likes TIRO) but then I play Space Dementia or Falling Down and he asks who it is. I gave him a copy of Absolution and let him burn my entire cd collection, so maybe he'll get into them! I recommended them to a couple of my friends and one of them said she liked a few songs so I let her borrow the cd's. But I did get one of my best friends into Muse with Absolution and I'm going to hang out with him over spring break so I'm gonna have him listen to the other albums!

Did you have a chance of seeing them during their mtvU tour? I got to see them play in Philly and Connecticut...good luck with your musevangelizing...

Also back to the original comment, I basically started Muse in my year, if I say so myself:D I got them played at all the sad school Discos haha, until at one disco the Dj played Tiro, stockholm and new born in this order

1.tiro

2.newborn

other songs...

3.tiro(?)

4.stockholm

5. smells like teen spirit

I started a whole crazy mosh pit thing, it was the best thing half my year lost their shoes/dignity. Best thing was when everyone start diving off a platform at the front, which I also instigated.:D :D

My band are covering The Small Print because not enough people in my year like Muse, they all slag them off and prefer bands like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco... noobs

I'm working on slowly building up a Muse fan base :p I've only converted a few teachers and friends though... :(

Did you have a chance of seeing them during their mtvU tour? I got to see them play in Philly and Connecticut...good luck with your musevangelizing...

No, I missed the mtvU tour since it was going on when I first got into Muse and had no one to go with anyway! I MUST see them on the next tour!!!! As for the musevangelizing, I'll convert a few people yet! Some of my friends are open to new music, but I have no hope for the people at work since when we have the radio on, they rather put on Top 40 than any rock station :mad: !!!

No, I missed the mtvU tour since it was going on when I first got into Muse and had no one to go with anyway! I MUST see them on the next tour!!!! As for the musevangelizing, I'll convert a few people yet! Some of my friends are open to new music, but I have no hope for the people at work since when we have the radio on, they rather put on Top 40 than any rock station :mad: !!!

I know what you mean...I have converted quite a number of people...and I must say most really liked them but unfortunately had never heard of them, so definitely the promotion or lack of is an issue...

this is the 2nd time ive ever been in main muse. like actually posting and stuff.

i feel so magical and rebellious. all the time i see things about them n00by main musers. awr. i can act like an idiot here, right? like cast away that layer that says im calm and collected and start going spastic like mye9990000se lolz i luv 'em. i luv my000zey! yeah?

anyways.

i don't really promote muse much. conversations about muse to n00b like people usually go like so:

me: yeah. one of my favourite bands is muse.

person: oh. really? yeah. i've never heard of them.

me: SUCKS TO BE YOU.

me: yeah. one of my favourite bands is muse.

person: oh. really? yeah. i've never heard of them.

me: YEAH WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD.

etc.

Basic Rule in my school;

Listen to Muse or I kill you.

I can't get when people say "I don't like them!"

So, as any respecting white male, when I don't understand something, I kill it.

Makes sense right?

I sing along to all their songs 24/7. The "Day of Reckoning" was giving me an Ipod to sing the vocal solos in Muscle Museum along with. I only started listening to them when they left Oz so I feel awful cut. They have to come back. My ideal death would be at the very end of the concert, right up the front. ^-^

I take pride in being the biggest Muse fan I know. I would kill to meet dem…But yeah…I force them onto people.

2 people didn't enjoy.

My Mum.

Some Whore from my school: "I don't like Rock, I like Dance."

DANCE ISN'T MUSIC BITCH!

LuvMuseForever

Nathan

Basic Rule in my school;

Makes sense right?

I sing along to all their songs 24/7. The "Day of Reckoning" was giving me an Ipod to sing the vocal solos in Muscle Museum along with. I only started listening to them when they left Oz so I feel awful cut. They have to come back. My ideal death would be at the very end of the concert, right up the front. ^-^

I take pride in being the biggest Muse fan I know. I would kill to meet dem…But yeah…I force them onto people.

2 people didn't enjoy.

My Mum.

DANCE ISN'T MUSIC BITCH!

LuvMuseForever

Nathan

erm... not everyone's gonna like muse. sorry. but maybe try introducing them a bit more subtle-like. killing them won't solve anything ;)

Basic Rule in my school;

Makes sense right?

2 people didn't enjoy.

My Mum.

DANCE ISN'T MUSIC BITCH!

LuvMuseForever

Nathan

haha. you're quite creepy. and make me think that if muse were to break up someday, you would literally kill yourself. :stunned:

simmer down, buddy.

dare i ask how you would kill people if they didn't listen to my00sey? :erm:

I definitely have a whole system of how to "Musevangelise." I get samples of my friends' music, then send them songs that are similar to their style of music. Unless it's a girl, then I just make them watch Hullabaloo and they're an instant fan most of the time. If they listen to them and don't like them, I have difficulty talking to the friend for awhile and then I get over. I'm not so crazy as to be like, "THEY AREN'T YOUR FAVORITE BAND OMG I DISOWN YOU!"

Lish, that's pretty similar to what we do here, but I would add that I inflict Muse on unsuspecting passengers in my car, and so does my husband (a Muse convert).

The music reporter/reviewer for our local paper wrote an article on what bands do to amuse themselves in all the spare time on tour, so of course I sent him an email detailing the incredible way Muse created an encrypted treasure hunt with anagrammatic song titles, etc, to give prizes to their fans. Still waiting for his reply; he probably had to check the sites/summaries I linked to him, since it all sounds so unbelievable!

I find it interesting that newer Musers seem more enthusiastic about sharing their music with the uninitiated. Here's part of a PM from "Narc"----

I've been trying to get a mentor friend of mine into them. He's so open minded about music; he's old enough to be my dad and he's really big into bands like Cream, The Cure, R.E.M., Santana, Bruce Springsteen, etc. but he loves current bands too! I gave him a copy of Absolution (along with cd's from other favorite bands of mine) and he loved it! I told him a bit more about Muse, like about why OOS wasn't released here when it was elsewhere and he admired them for not changing the album as their old record label wanted them to... So I'm going up to Vermont to visit him next weekend for spring break and in between all the hiking and birding, I'll have him listen to OOS, Showbiz, {etc}! I think one of my other friends here at college might like them; I recommended trhem to her since she likes some of the same music as me and she liked some songs from Absolution. I let her copy my cd's and I haven't heard back from her but I'm sure she might like them...

I'm suspecting that we all will be doing a bit more of this when the new CD is released.

But Narc, watch those comments about age; us old farts need Muse too!

I find it interesting that newer Musers seem more enthusiastic about sharing their music with the uninitiated. Here's part of a PM from "Narc"----

I've been trying to get a mentor friend of mine into them. He's so open minded about music; he's old enough to be my dad and he's really big into bands like Cream, The Cure, R.E.M., Santana, Bruce Springsteen, etc. but he loves current bands too! I gave him a copy of Absolution (along with cd's from other favorite bands of mine) and he loved it! I told him a bit more about Muse, like about why OOS wasn't released here when it was elsewhere and he admired them for not changing the album as their old record label wanted them to... So I'm going up to Vermont to visit him next weekend for spring break and in between all the hiking and birding, I'll have him listen to OOS, Showbiz, {etc}! I think one of my other friends here at college might like them; I recommended trhem to her since she likes some of the same music as me and she liked some songs from Absolution. I let her copy my cd's and I haven't heard back from her but I'm sure she might like them...

I'm suspecting that we all will be doing a bit more of this when the new CD is released.

But Narc, watch those comments about age; us old farts need Muse too!

I wasn't trying to assume anything about age! Sorry if it came out that way :p !

Hi,Musepeople!I always read something nice from you!I've been so busy for a long time,but here I'm now!!!!!!

I had to do an hard test and now I'm coming back to my research work. But I keep "musevangelizing" at home,too!When I study,I bombard my radio with sms,asking Muse songs.They usually please me,so all the people can listen to them.

Kissesssssssssssssss,Musemums!Hi,Gocanux,my sweet!:)

Hi,Musepeople!I always read something nice from you!I've been so busy for a long time,but here I'm now!!!!!!

I had to do an hard test and now I'm coming back to my research work. But I keep "musevangelizing" at home,too!When I study,I bombard my radio with sms,asking Muse songs.They usually please me,so all the people can listen to them.

Kissesssssssssssssss,Musemums!Hi,Gocanux,my sweet!:)

Hello, MuseDaughter Cate! (BTW canuxfan44 is my son Brian, whom you met in Roma this summer!) I hope your tests went well; glad to hear you are trying to make your lab time more pleasant with Muse!

Strong work converting the unenlightened of Italy to the power of Muse!

Archived