Thanks to Muse for Simulation Theory!

Jobby

Weirdly, an interview’s just been published where Matt comments on how the fans always hate something when it comes out and sometimes catch up later, could be nice to surprise them :chuckle:

I was at the Radio X In Conversation with Muse last night. Matt spoke about how the fans seemed to hate Stockholm Syndrome at first and how there seems to be a pattern of fans not liking stuff but then mellowing to it years later. I'm a long time lurker on the board and pop my head up to post now and again. I'd also be up for sending some thanks in Muse's direction. Had an amazing time at the interview last night. Got front row seats and my first few listens of the new album there. The guys were in great spirits. Don't think I've ever loved them more.

I was at the Radio X In Conversation with Muse last night. Matt spoke about how the fans seemed to hate Stockholm Syndrome at first and how there seems to be a pattern of fans not liking stuff but then mellowing to it years later. I'm a long time lurker on the board and pop my head up to post now and again. I'd also be up for sending some thanks in Muse's direction. Had an amazing time at the interview last night. Got front row seats and my first few listens of the new album there. The guys were in great spirits. Don't think I've ever loved them more.

Are you Jackie? Or Lita? Or their friend? :D

I remember the Stockholm Syndrome hate. People thought it was too similar to OoS. :LOL:

Yes for that. Independent website.

I like the idea very much. No idea how to make a website though so probably won't be of much help. But since I'm taking pictures, would like to have an option of including some kind of artwork...? Photos, paintings etc?

Just wondering if it's not too much. Maybe we should go for something more concise and from us as a whole rather than every single one of us?

That sounds great imo. And it’s definitely not difficult to code.

Are you Jackie? Or Lita? Or their friend? :D

I might have spoken to Jackie or Lita in the queue. Two women behind me were so lovely n let me listen to Propaganda on there phone but I never caught anyone's name. I'm a long time Muse fan but not really involved in the community as I've got loads of social problems :LOL: I need to get more involved.

Love this idea, count me in! I really think they made a great job in this album, and it was and still is the band which make me feel more. From love to embarassment :LOL: :LOL:. But that's not a bad thing, that's what makes me interested and always coming back for their new releases.

By the way, I'm not a designer but my work is actually web development, so I'm willing to help with the "independent web" idea.

Jammy bastard, I entered that competition so many times :'( I never win these things lmao. glad it was good though, sounds everything I’d have dreamed it to be

Jammy bastard, I entered that competition so many times :'( I never win these things lmao. glad it was good though, sounds everything I’d have dreamed it to be

If my plus one couldn't make it I was going to offer it up to someone here as I knew they would appreciate it the most. I've never won anything in my life n I've been having a bit of a crap time lately so it couldn't have come at a better time. Matt mentioned the Origin of Muse thing, said they were doing some stuff for it back stage. You will hear it all in the interview. I'm regretting not getting a hand shake of the guys but didn't feel right asking at the time. I did pinch Dom's empty water bottle off the stage though :$ it's my only real Muse souvenir. :LOL:

I might have spoken to Jackie or Lita in the queue. Two women behind me were so lovely n let me listen to Propaganda on there phone but I never caught anyone's name. I'm a long time Muse fan but not really involved in the community as I've got loads of social problems :LOL: I need to get more involved.

Sounds like it could be them :D

Well, if you want to battle this social problems more, I could be interested. Always looking for some company for the gigs. And I'm living in Scotland now as well :) Speaking of: any chances for a gig around here, you reckon? I'm still hoping they will add Edinburgh or Glasgow alongside with Bristol;)

Love this idea, count me in! I really think they made a great job in this album, and it was and still is the band which make me feel more. From love to embarassment :LOL: :LOL:. But that's not a bad thing, that's what makes me interested and always coming back for their new releases.

By the way, I'm not a designer but my work is actually web development, so I'm willing to help with the "independent web" idea.

Exactly. From love to embarrassment, through anger and sadness :LOL: It's the best thing about it, I would say :D

And YAY to your willingness to help with the web! Getting excited about it :)

Exactly. From love to embarrassment, through anger and sadness :LOL: It's the best thing about it, I would say :D

And YAY to your willingness to help with the web! Getting excited about it :)

Yeah, I find the idea pretty cool, and it's an opportunity to learn more and do something different than the sites I develop at work. :)

Need a designer though, haven't a clue about making something not painful to everyone's eyes :LOL::LOL:

I'd just like to thank Muse not just for a fresh, rich listening experience but for uploading the whole double album to YT, also.

Second that.

I'd like to help in whichever way I can. I don't know how to code websites but anything I can do, let me know. Has anyone proposed a name for the website? What about ThankYouMuse.com or something straightforward?

Sounds about right :)

But did we decide on the actual format? Do we do something as a whole, or just make a web full of individual thank-you notes? I'm up for both, just thinking that something concise could be easier to get the message through... on the other hand, we can just do something as a whole for the main "HOME" page (so they definitely get the message) and then put everything else as sub-categories.

Someone going to one of these last 2018 shows and aiming for barrier could take a collage made up of screenshots of posts and try to get it to the band?

Idk that feels like my go-to strategy for anything, I just don’t know anything about creating websites :LOL:

I remember the Stockholm Syndrome hate. People thought it was too similar to OoS. :LOL:

Really? I thought it was Time is Running Out that was the song from Absolution that got the most hate at the time.

Really? I thought it was Time is Running Out that was the song from Absolution that got the most hate at the time.
Well Stockholm Syndrome was released first, and then came TIRO which certainly got its fair share of hate at the time :LOL:

Do you think you can help get it started for everyone?

I haven’t coded anything for the past 8 years so I feel like there should be someone willing who is more qualified out there. But if not, I could maybe dare to give it a go when I get back home.