2018.12.03 Royal Albert Hall The Prince’s Trust charity Gig London, UK

MVP1994

Those were some expensive tickets. It was also rather annoying to start choosing sections for the seated areas one by one, and try to find seats. Managed to get one luckily for stalls seating. I wanted to go standing, but the SBE crowd at the front was just too crazy to experience again. Wouldn't probably be as crazy at RAH as SBE though. Very happy to be going nevertheless!

I honestly don't get how anyone can justify paying that much for a ticket, it's a complete rip-off! Yes, I'm aware it's a charity gig, but they clearly jacked-up the price so that the band still get paid. I've known much smaller bands do charity gigs, and get nothing in return. Hell, I've been to entire festivals for less than the price of these tickets!

All the proceeds from SBE went to the Passage charity iirc, and those tix were quite expensive. Don’t see why it’d be different here but we’ll see I guess.

Similar boat here, about trying all the time, refreshing the page. Got one arena standing at 9:20. I couldn't be bothered with seated experience, so standing or I am watching from home. :LOL:

The site was so smooth, what the hell? I am used to these ticket sites being so crap, but this site performs without any hitching? No queues, errors..

IKR? I'm actually impressed with it. I've done done several of these online mad dash for tickets, this was certainly the best so far. (Apart from the bit where tickets become unavailable by the time you've selected them.)

I’ve always found G&T to be really good, probs my fave ticket buying website. Not sure what they know that so many others don’t in order to have their shit together :chuckle:

The site was so smooth, what the hell? I am used to these ticket sites being so crap, but this site performs without any hitching? No queues, errors..

In my experience Gigs & Tours, along with similar site See Tickets (although I haven't used that in ages, it might have changed), have always been incredibly smooth and quick to use - as long as you have your address and card details already saved on your account, buying tickets never takes more than 20-30 seconds.

Makes you wonder why sites like Ticketmaster and AXS need to be so hair-tearingly over-complicated.

I honestly don't get how anyone can justify paying that much for a ticket, it's a complete rip-off! Yes, I'm aware it's a charity gig, but they clearly jacked-up the price so that the band still get paid. I've known much smaller bands do charity gigs, and get nothing in return. Hell, I've been to entire festivals for less than the price of these tickets!

It's Muse! I have saved money for 2 years since my last Muse concert in 2016, because that is what I want (now I have to start saving money again for the tour in 2019, but hey this gig is special). It is not a rip off in my opinion. Muse will give you more than worth your money. If you don't like it, then just don't go and watch the dvd.

I didn't think standing tickets were too badly priced, the 165 seating seemed very steep though. I managed to get 2 arena standing tickets, took me about 6 refreshes after saying i was in a queue, didn't realise how lucky i was to run into no problems until reading through this page!

If the gig has sold out, then the ticket prices are arguably not too high. You don't know the band are being paid - neither do I, though it's quite likely they're not. And, as a charity gig, why wouldn't the charity aim to raise as much as it can?

All that said, I had to walk away. A few pangs of regret, but £275 for a pair of reasonable stalls seats....

Also, while it's a gorgeous venue, and small for Muse, there'll likely be just standard gig production - don't expect drones and the like flying around (though, at that price, I'd expect every ticket to come with a personal jet-pack).

And I thought the See site worked as well as could be hoped for with high numbers seeing a small number of ticket. Depending on how restricted the pre-sale allocation was, it could be even easier on Friday - those prices are a pretty good filter!

Should still be a special night for those who've gone for it :)

It's Muse! I have saved money for 2 years since my last Muse concert in 2016, because that is what I want (now I have to start saving money again for the tour in 2019, but hey this gig is special). It is not a rip off in my opinion. Muse will give you more than worth your money. If you don't like it, then just don't go and watch the dvd.

Same. I've been saving for the next tour since I went to the last tour. It costs a fortune but it's worth it, and if I get RAH tickets it'll come out of my tour fund (I was hoping to go to a few of the gigs next year).

Same. I've been saving for the next tour since I went to the last tour. It costs a fortune but it's worth it, and if I get RAH tickets it'll come out of my tour fund (I was hoping to go to a few of the gigs next year).

And so it is! It's not even the ticket that will bankrupt me, it's getting to and staying in London! I'll travel from the Netherlands just for Muse. Can't wait!

And so it is! It's not even the ticket that will bankrupt me, it's getting to and staying in London! I'll travel from the Netherlands just for Muse. Can't wait!

Flight time for Schipol to London Southend is about 35 mins and decent price on Easyjet ;)

Flight time for Schipol to London Southend is about 35 mins and decent price on Easyjet ;)

Thanks mate! I will look into that. So lucky that I had booked my stay in London for that evening yesterday!!! Just knew it was going to happen: positive vibes!

I'm still hopeful for Friday, but failing that does anyone know when the twickets sales will go live?

Or alternatively does anyone want a '+1'? ;)

(I tried to get 2 tickets, but only got one... even after that I tried with my code to get another one, because I thought you can get 2 on the code... then it said my code was already maxed out... Sorry, if I hade a spare, I would take you

Edited by Meisver

(I tried to get 2 tickets, but only got one... even after that I tried with my code to get another one, because I thought you can get 2 on the code... then it said my code was already maxed out... Sorry, if I hade a spare, I would take you

Why thank you, you're too kind.

Hopefully I'll find some luck on Friday.

Yep same here! I might try the train this time, if it's not too expensive... it might be more reliable than going by plane, with all the strikes lately.