But Chris and Dom both really like it. Matt wanted Fury instead of TSP on the main tracklist of Absolution but was outvoted, which is why it ended up as the Japan bonus track.
Chris and Dom liked it more than Fury 15 years ago*

Doesn't mean they really like it now.

Chris and Dom liked it more than Fury 15 years ago*

Doesn't mean they really like it now.

And Matt really didn't like TSP more than 15 years ago. Doesn't mean he doesn't like it now...? You're quibbling semantics.

Anyway, my point was that I assume Matt doesn't have a monopoly on deciding which songs will get played, so what he said on the radio shouldn't necessarily put people off voting for it if that's what they want to hear...

And Matt really didn't like TSP more than 15 years ago. Doesn't mean he doesn't like it now...? You're quibbling semantics.

Anyway, my point was that I assume Matt doesn't have a monopoly on deciding which songs will get played, so what he said on the radio shouldn't necessarily put people off voting for it if that's what they want to hear...

But he...just recently said he hates it on the radio? :chuckle: So, yeah, he doesn't like it now.

As for Matt having a monopoly on sets, he has always been the main decider afaik. Chris/Dom can veto stuff if they really want and Matt doesn't mind but, if they wanna play something and Matt doesn't, there's a 99% chance it ain't happening. Just see all the times they've mentioned wanting to play stuff but being told no by Matt. Even if TSP gets voted highly, it wouldn't be the first time over the last year or two that Matt's refused to play a request.

After all, we're still not entirely sure how rigid this voting system is gonna be. Will it be the overall top 10, no matter what? Or will the band have license to swap songs out for something lower down if they don't wanna do it (Glorious, FAWY)?

Decided I'm definitely voting for CoD. I need to get rekt by that bass envelope filter.

Yessss

Starting to feel slightly more optimistic about the number COD votes.

The semantics are quite important though? Because we don't know if Chris and Dom still like the song. And we don't know how much they liked it to begin with. And from what the band have told us, Matt DOES kinda have a monolopy on which songs get played.

And no one is just assuming that Matt doesn't like it because he didn't like it 15 years ago. We're assuming he doesn't like it because he literally said so a few days ago.

But he...just recently said he hates it on the radio? :chuckle: So, yeah, he doesn't like it now.

As for Matt having a monopoly on sets, he has always been the main decider afaik. Chris/Dom can veto stuff if they really want and Matt doesn't mind but, if they wanna play something and Matt doesn't, there's a 99% chance it ain't happening. Just see all the times they've mentioned wanting to play stuff but being told no by Matt. Even if TSP gets voted highly, it wouldn't be the first time over the last year or two that Matt's refused to play a request.

After all, we're still not entirely sure how rigid this voting system is gonna be. Will it be the overall top 10, no matter what? Or will the band have license to swap songs out for something lower down if they don't wanna do it (Glorious, FAWY)?

Yessss

Starting to feel slightly more optimistic about the number COD votes.

I'll vote for COD too if you vote for MK Ultra :p

@ people who I saw saying they thought Fury was underwhelming live, what about it did you find lacking compared to the studio version? For me, it was easily just as good, if not better.

I'll vote for COD too if you vote for MK Ultra :p

You should vote for COD because you love it and it's amazing, not as a ransom for something as meh as Meh-K Ultra. Frankly disgraceful behaviour :noey:

(also COD has a better chance so vote for it anyway binch)

Is it just me that really wants to see Sunburn? I've seen Muse 7 times now since 09 and it's escaped me every time!

I'm thinking of the following for my chosen 10:

Sunburn

Easily

Hyper Music

Assassin

Muscle Museum

Showbiz

Fury

Cave

Eternally Missed

Stuck between Endlessly/Crying Shame/Execution Commentary/Dark Shines/Futurism/New Born (seen this before but would be epic inside SBE)/Minimum/Space Dementia/HTAILY/The Groove.

HELP

Is it just me that really wants to see Sunburn? I've seen Muse 7 times now since 09 and it's escaped me every time!

I'm thinking of the following for my chosen 10:

Sunburn

Easily

Hyper Music

Assassin

Muscle Museum

Showbiz

Fury

Cave

Eternally Missed

Stuck between Endlessly/Crying Shame/Execution Commentary/Dark Shines/Futurism/New Born (seen this before but would be epic inside SBE)/Minimum/Space Dementia/HTAILY/The Groove.

HELP

Darkshines and Futurism are the two there showing up in most peoples lists, so I'd say give a vote for either of them

Darkshines and Futurism are the two there showing up in most peoples lists, so I'd say give a vote for either of them

Thanks for the quick reply, I have noticed that. Just too difficult... Ideally I'd vote for extremely rare songs like spiral static or twin but I know they'd never gather enough votes.

Tbf I know they've done Assassin and Butterflies a few times of late (hell even by request from that VK poll in Ukraine last year) but both have eluded my ears live, hence why any theoretical shortlist from me would include the pair of them.

I think for my end I'd rather keep it to stuff I haven't seen, hence Fury, Muscle Museum, Sing for Absolution and the not-playeds like Easily/FAWY, or even considering shit like Neutron Star Collision for the hell of it, whereas because I've seen them, Dead Star, The Groove or Uno are out. Even if they were great live. Although I did see Space Dementia suggested on Facebook. That was epic at Reading 2011, so an overdue return for that would be marvellous.

Probably put in too much thought for this given I'm not even fecking going. :chuckle:

@ people who I saw saying they thought Fury was underwhelming live, what about it did you find lacking compared to the studio version? For me, it was easily just as good, if not better.

I just find the song too slow and boring in a live setting. It's great on record, I just didnt get the haunting punch.

I've had it three times! It's good but I'd rather swap it for another rare piano song at this point lol.

In other news, I'm down to Cave, Easily, Invincible, In Your World and Futurism for my last 4.

Have to pick ONE more to eliminate D:

I think it's more that Sunburn makes a return at some point every tour, so people are probs just going for rarer stuff that they have 0% chance of seeing otherwise. That's if they haven't already seen it like, which a fair amount of peeps have.

HELP

A vote for HTAILY is a vote for humanity.

Futurism'll probs get a decent # of votes anyway, Origin songs will pull low 'cos tons of peeps saw them @ R+L, The Groove is 2 mins and fun but not thaaaat great, Endlessly (sadly) won't pull much, Crying Shame is poop and Execution + Minimum simply ain't on the level.

NEED I SAY MORE

(nah but vote for what you want most)

(as long as it's Hate This)

Edited by Jobby

There ya go

Invin's my fave of all those :'( T'is close to the chopping block though, 'cos I know it'll be the least voted for of the 5...

Or do I chop Futurism, Easily or even Showbiz 'cos one less vote won't hurt any of those?

*sigh* the choices which pull my heart.

Invin's my fave of all those :'( T'is close to the chopping block though, 'cos I know it'll be the least voted for of the 5...

Or do I chop Futurism, Easily or even Showbiz 'cos one less vote won't hurt any of those?

*sigh* the choices which pull my heart.

Yes.

Went through the requests last night at work and decided Bliss is absolutely 100% staying on. I went through the set lists of the gigs I've been to and realised I haven't heard it live, I'm hoping this gig will end that.