Space Dementia

Dead Star

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Assassin (grand omega boss edit)

MK Ultra

Fury

Futurism

The Groove

i would love to hear either piano thing or bedroom acoustics but i feel there is no point as they would never get played anyway :(

But Futurism :(

Been listening to it at Zepp loads over the past few days. Fucking mega live song. When that bass comes in in the intro :facemelt:

I would love Futurism to played, it only seems to be appearing in about half of peoples lists though so it's looking unlikely :(

But Futurism :(

Been listening to it at Zepp loads over the past few days. Fucking mega live song. When that bass comes in in the intro :facemelt:

The Zepp version's good but ngl, wasn't as much of a fan of the '15/'16 performances from the footage. Mainly due to Matt's vocals but the guitar part sounded a bit messy to me as well iirc.

Reminds me that I'd honestly be a bit tentative about them playing stuff like Glorious and FAWY if they got voted in as well. Like, there may well be a reason they haven't been attempted properly :chuckle:

Confident HCM and Hate This would be amazinggggg though.

I would love Futurism to played, it only seems to be appearing in about half of peoples lists though so it's looking unlikely :(

You gotta factor in all the peeps voting that don't post on here though. It'll probs be fine, I know it made it onto that FB poll.

Invin's my fave of all those :'( T'is close to the chopping block though, 'cos I know it'll be the least voted for of the 5...

Or do I chop Futurism, Easily or even Showbiz 'cos one less vote won't hurt any of those?

*sigh* the choices which pull my heart.

You're kinda insane if you remove Showbiz to for Invincible.

You're kinda insane if you remove Showbiz to for Invincible.

T'would feel a bit weird but, if everyone and their mums are gonna vote for it anyway, then maybe I might as well throw some love for a personal fave instead.

Looking like Futurism atm though, if anything. Guess I'll just decide proper at the time.

T'would feel a bit weird but, if everyone and their mums are gonna vote for it anyway, then maybe I might as well throw some love for a personal fave instead.

Looking like Futurism atm though, if anything. Guess I'll just decide proper at the time.

In fairness, as soon as people starting thinking "this song is safe anyway so I'll vote for something else", that song is no longer safe. :chuckle:

In fairness, as soon as people starting thinking "this song is safe anyway so I'll vote for something else", that song is no longer safe. :chuckle:

This is a good point, we shouldn't trust these polls as gospel. For example, only the hardcore fans are filling them in, and we can't be sure what proportion of the final audience will be hardcore - I know for example I'm taking a friend who doesn't really know many/any B sides (don't worry, he will be educated in time for the vote).

S'ok, I think I've cut Invin instead </3 :'( so I think this is final:

#1 City Of Delusion

#2 Hate This & I'll Love You

#3 Showbiz

#4 Hoodoo

#5 Hyper Chondriac Music

#6 Muscle Museum

#7 Cave

#8 Easily

#9 In Your World

#10 Futurism

This is a good point, we shouldn't trust these polls as gospel. For example, only the hardcore fans are filling them in, and we can't be sure what proportion of the final audience will be hardcore - I know for example I'm taking a friend who doesn't really know many/any B sides (don't worry, he will be educated in time for the vote).

Will +1s even be able to vote? I kinda assumed only the person who bought the ticket/s buyer would, since it's all attached to their email/card.

Will +1s even be able to vote? I kinda assumed only the person who bought the ticket/s buyer would, since it's all attached to their email/card.

We don't know, depends on what the voting system will look like.

Might be an unique code per ticket or per order or might just be a page with the global password "TheSetlist".

Been a while since the presale, might send us voting info by now :(

or might just be a page with the global password "TheSetlist".

Don't 'cos I keep getting this ugly feeling in my stomach that it'll actually be some ultra dumbfuckery like that. If something like that happens, we have to jump straight on Twitter to ask them to change it.

Obvious thing to me would be to send each ticket-buyer an email with a link and one-use code. That was the first thing that came to mind when I heard 'ticket-holder only vote'.

I'd be interested to hear of anyone who has been lucky enough to meet them in the past. I'm guessing this is the best chance, given the size of the venue. I know I'll be nervous and probably completely embarrass myself, but oh well.

Met them at Mancs Academy in 2015. Easy enough, just head round back to where the exit/tour buses are and wait. We were waiting 'til around 12:30/1:00 iirc, but I think that's a bit later than normal. You can also do the same for when they get there if you arrive early enough (band usually arrive early afternoon tmk).

Edited by Jobby

I'm thinking of being there around midday to wait in line, so I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm not sure on my final list yet (I'd like to throw a B-side or two in there), but City of Delusion, Showbiz and Muscle Museum are definites.

Yeah, I hope they don't do the generic password shit - it would be a shame if it was spread around and we ended up with a setlist entirely of the hits (however great Plug In Baby is, I've heard it 4 times live, plus I have a feeling they will put a few of their own choices in anyway to bulk the setlist out).

"played it to death"

Dead Star has been played 13 times in the last 10 years.

And probably 10 times in the last 5. We've heard it enough just lately. And it doesn't sound like it use to either. I'd rather people voted for something else...

They played it at Warchild and this is practically the same gig

Edited by Reapers

Dead Star would be a sliiightly confusing addition imo, if unsurprising. I'd wager a decent amount of people, maybe even the majority, attending this show will have seen it already. Just from recent years, it's been done at Download, Warchild, Mancs Academy and 3 times on the UK 2013 stadium tour.

Unless people just haven't seen it in a small venue and want to? I'd understand that, was miles better at Mancs Academy than the other two times I saw it. It'd be like me with CE - seen it 4 or 5 times already but I'd be up for seeing it in a small venue for the first time, even if I'm not voting for it.

Dead Star would be a sliiightly confusing addition imo, if unsurprising. I'd wager a decent amount of people, maybe even the majority, attending this show will have seen it already. Just from recent years, it's been done at Download, Warchild, Mancs Academy and 3 times on the UK 2013 stadium tour.

Unless people just haven't seen it in a small venue and want to? I'd understand that, was miles better at Mancs Academy than the other two times I saw it. It'd be like me with CE - seen it 4 or 5 times already but I'd be up for seeing it in a small venue for the first time, even if I'm not voting for it.

This is what I'm saying. Okay it probably hasn't been played to death for some people. But based on the info above I've seen it 3 or 4 times. If you haven't you're not missing out on much.

I love how were taking this more seriously than the general election haha

If I hadn't seen it at Download it would probably be on my list. Sometimes you just get unlucky on the dates you go to. Like, I went to the Saturday of the first Wembley shows and missed SFO =[

When Metallica did it they had poll link open for everyone and you could see the results and you could vote only with some number on a ticket.

Actually I think links still exist... Yes they do. Here is for the show I went to. For those who don't like Metallica results were something like Drones festival tour, hits plus fan favorites like Citizen Erased and Assassin. No rare songs

http://www.metallicabyrequest.com/results.php?s=63

I really hope you'll manage to get some really obscure stuff in the set!

Dead Star was cool in 2013 but the 2015 version is a bit meh and I have no desire to see it again.

AHEM

*the Download version is a bit meh

Manchester Academy was incredible :phu: Might've been one of the best Muse performances I've seen. Not quite Darkshines and Hyper Music @ Leeds or Assassin in London, those 3 are like my Egyptian god cards, but defo up there. Same for that Bliss performance actually.

[...] Metallica results were something like Drones festival tour, hits plus fan favorites like Citizen Erased and Assassin. No rare songs

Every show that tour got Whiskey in the Jar, which was very rare beforehand.

Some shows got some rarities like Frayed Ends of Sanity, but yeah it was mostly exactly the sets Lars would have written any way.

That tour was all arenas and festivals though - I'm really hoping this show will have attracted a more discerning Muse fan.