I think the only 6 people who ever openly liked Aftermath are the ones who still back it now tbh

Something off T2L would be a better example for that

Edit: totally unrelated but this shit is why I will never join the reddit, I would rather remain on this board until it’s literally a desolate wasteland where every thread is me talking to myself

Edited by Jobby

100%, big reason I back the board as the best place for Muse discussion. People on the outside still seem to have this perception it’s like it was 10 years ago though.

I think it is mainly ‘cos a lot of us have been around for so long. Back then, the band’s sound changes and setlist/live show moaning was still relatively new. The people who are stuck around through the years of that have come out the other end adjusted and maybe more open as well (if only a smidge tee hee).

Sticker on the album, probably expected with a feature like Tove Lo and going by descriptions.

Presumptuously calling it a ‘hit single’ before it’s actually been released like

Honestly, if it isn't a bad song, I'd love for Muse to have another hit single. Gives me an incentive to turn on the radio now and again.

On the insta post where the person showed the deluxe album it said “featuring singles such as x,y,z and Get up and Fight”

Dang, thank you! The reviews we got so far all agree on one point: GUAF is bad. Weird choice for a single... it's going to be Revolt all over again :LOL:

We’ve literally not even heard it :LOL:

If anything, going by descriptions, it’s a pretty obvious single

Oh yeah I wasn't saying it's bad or anything like that, I usually don't even trust reviews that much as I like to judge stuff for myself. I'll wait till it's out! It surely is going to be controversial if all the reviews so far have agreed on it being at least "weak" (if not "bad"), but tbh I like a lot of their "controversial" stuff so I don't care about that. Muse need a hit, but I was ready to bet on Propaganda being it!

Oh yeah I wasn't saying it's bad or anything like that, I usually don't even trust reviews that much as I like to judge stuff for myself. I'll wait till it's out! It surely is going to be controversial if all the reviews so far have agreed on it being at least "weak" (if not "bad"), but tbh I like a lot of their "controversial" stuff so I don't care about that. Muse need a hit, but I was ready to bet on Propaganda being it!

These things are usually decided before reviews are out tmk (hence the sticker) and I don’t think it’s really something labels would take into consideration either. If anything, the more controversial the better ‘cos more attention, innit. But like I said before, with it having a p big contemporary feature and apparently being pretty poppy and uplifting in nature, it seems an obvious choice to me.

Propaganda will almost defo be a single too.

Dang, thank you! The reviews we got so far all agree on one point: GUAF is bad. Weird choice for a single... it's going to be Revolt all over again :LOL:

Thanks to the fact Dig Down doesn't even feel new anymore and Pressure being milked by Radio X (which is on a lot at work), the album flow is already ruined for me.

Saw an article posted on the subreddit where Matt says they originally had 2 minutes of Rachmaninoff with piano and orchestra in the middle of Thought Contagion, but when it was finished they decided to cut that part out since it didn't fit into their plan of "reducing (their) tendency to sprawling instrumental passages."

Saw an article posted on the subreddit where Matt says they originally had 2 minutes of Rachmaninoff with piano and orchestra in the middle of Thought Contagion, but when it was finished they decided to cut that part out since it didn't fit into their plan of "reducing (their) tendency to sprawling instrumental passages."

Thank God they did. Can't be fucked with yet more classical covers lumped onto albums.

I use the Reddit for lurking and do sometimes find it very useful at finding out info I didn't know, but the interface and general vibe isn't as good as here IMO.

I'm not entirely sure where in TC you'd fit a full-on piano piece tbh.

A while ago in some interview Matt said a piano version of TC would be on the album as one of the alternate versions... they must have changed their mind about it though :(

A while ago in some interview Matt said a piano version of TC would be on the album as one of the alternate versions... they must have changed their mind about it though :(

You sure he specified TC? I remember an interview where he said there’d be piano versions of some songs but didn’t say which (I’m hopihg TDS).

You sure he specified TC? I remember an interview where he said there’d be piano versions of some songs but didn’t say which (I’m hopihg TDS).

I can't find the interview but I remember pretty clearly that he said Tought Contagion on the piano... will look for it!

Algorithm a single huh, figured Propaganda would be among at least the next 2 but whatevs

Gonna take this last opportunity to do that (admittedly pretty redundant and often wrong) thing we used to but for some reason (possible wisely) haven’t this time round, predicting my rankings:

Algorithm

The Void

Break It To Me

Blockades

Pressure

The Dark Side

Thought Contagion

Propaganda

Get Up And Fight

Something Human

Dig Down

Feels dangerously optimistic to say nowt will be lower than DD... :chuckle: but, from the descriptions at least, I feel like the only thing that sounds like it could beat it is GUAF and I’m choosing to hope that’ll be a Revolt/IBTY for me.