I'm still not convinced that any of those setlist/US questions were delivered to the band.

Some questions that were much less controversial seem to have been omitted from the final selection process.

If those questions weren't delivered then [REDACTED] D:

Edited by jonisdead

I mean, Jessica can come in and say I'm wrong, but it hasn't happened, and it's not the first time I've said it.

We know the questions were selected from what we posted, and not all of them made it, even if they didn't break the rules.

And we know people have said they think all those questions are "rude" even if asked nicely.

I mean, Jessica can come in and say I'm wrong, but it hasn't happened, and it's not the first time I've said it.

We know the questions were selected from what we posted, and not all of them made it, even if they didn't break the rules.

And we know people have said they think all those questions are "rude" even if asked nicely.

If Jessica says you're wrong then isn't that meta because you're Jessica :eek:

It's even trippier because we have the same birthday. I'm just, you know, way, way older. :chuckle:

Back when this convo was in full swing, at least one mod was involved with the view that it was rude, and that we wouldn't say these things to the band's face. (Which is inaccurate, because given enough time to have a proper discussion with them, I wouldn't hesitate to tell them how heartbreaking it is to have to contemplate maxing out my credit cards to see a great set from them, and how something as simple as playing CE/Bliss/etc can make a world of difference to fans that really care...)

When we know that the questions were narrowed down and not just the ones that broke the rules, I just assumed none of those made it.

But don't worry; the band is well aware of how we feel. Tom made a video about it. :twitchy:

I guess I've just seen a handful of bands lately that aren't Muse, whereas I'd really stopped going to concerts for years, and have really seen some great, GREAT showmanship and engagement of the crowd, and I'm super bitter my favorite band doesn't feel like that.

In relevant news, seeing a lot of talk about people communicating with the crew filming this gig, saying that they're going to continue filming in Milan, Berlin and elsewhere, but that they don't think it's a full release, and don't know what it's being filmed for.

That sadly fits with what Matt was saying on Twitter, and makes me think it's more likely a couple of songs will end up on some network or music service that the majority of their fans don't have access to. :(

Ah, so we'll be getting a black and white video of Madness from Milan for christmas in about 3 years then. Cool.

I'm voting on a couple of songs (KoC and maybe a Drones one. Maybe.) that you have to subscribe to Apple Music for. So it can delete all the music off your hard drive while you're at it.

But yeah, absolutely in black and white. 4k black and white...

Matt will respond that they'll come play a small club show in the U.S. And play all the songs they should've the whole US tour

I think it was more just to let them see the question. It's a really awkward thing to bring up in person, and probably a really awkward question to answer publicly, but it showed the grief and fair points. It's been one of the bigger board topics lately.

I think more people just wanted them to see it, rather than respond to it, yeah. To let them know that they DO have fans in the US that know more than Madness, and are upset and hurt over this "go to Europe" sort of privileged view of concerts.

It's a very fair complaint, as the European tour has largely been leagues better than the US one... and it didn't take dropping the hits to do it. It feels like a deliberate slight; especially when a song was added to the set during the Canadian tour in the middle of the US one (CE, Bliss.) And immediately dropped again.

I don't think there's any way they could have answered it, tbf, except maybe with something like "we're sorry... it was early in the tour... we shouldn't have done it, won't do it again," which we'd call bullshit on anyways, or being honest and saying they don't think they have the right kind of fans here and don't give a shit, which no one wants to hear.

Even in DC Matt made it clear he thought the handful of fans who travelled to all the gigs were the only real fans, and that's pure shit to all the people who love the band but can't spend all that time and money for a fucking concert. (Or more than two fucking concerts, even...)

Like I said, I've been really reminded that this isn't a normal way for a band to be to its crowd, fans or no, and I'm kinda just depressed anew over it right now.

I don't feel like I should support them anymore.

Someone make friends with the sound booth guys and get a clean pro rip of the audio from tonight's filming!

They'll have filmed everything. Just a matter of if it gets released. LOL

Hmmm... It's time to camp to musebootlegs... xD

Damn, I'm going to tonight's gig. I guess it's time for Hysteria, PiB, SS for the fifth gig in a row, and maybe even Feeling Good, UD and Revolt :awesome:

Good luck. I was hoping to get Citizen Erased, Defector and Take A Bow and they were played on Saturday and Tuesday. Unfortunately I went on Sunday and got Feeling Good again. Even on a gig where Feeling Good hasn't been played too often I still managed to catch it twice on 3 gigs. I went into the gig thinking at least i'm getting MOTP & Bliss and didn't even get those :(

I would be shocked if they were to play Resistance, Feeling Good and Revolt again tonight.

In relevant news, seeing a lot of talk about people communicating with the crew filming this gig, saying that they're going to continue filming in Milan, Berlin and elsewhere, but that they don't think it's a full release, and don't know what it's being filmed for.

Interesting Berlin news, especially now that filming apparently doesn't necessarily equal bad set. Though filming several gigs really does leave the question of what is going to be released in the end. At least there's a chance that it'll be better than Rome song choice wise.

Bloody hell, they would start playing Defector regularly now :(

Guessing Paris will probs be my last chance to see it, fingers crossed but I'm not v hopeful tbh.

Ah, so you are doing Paris. Good luck with that! Maybe you should just bring a sign, that seems to work for you ;).

I'm voting on a couple of songs (KoC and maybe a Drones one. Maybe.) that you have to subscribe to Apple Music for. So it can delete all the music off your hard drive while you're at it.

But yeah, absolutely in black and white. 4k black and white...

Cringeworthy stuff.

Ah, so you are doing Paris. Good luck with that! Maybe you should just bring a sign, that seems to work for you ;).

I think my sign days will forever stay a two-time thing, otherwise there'd probs come a point where I just look like a stalker :chuckle:

Speaking of though, wonder if they'll bring back something like Soldier's Poem since it's Black Holes' exact birthday. I'd be down for it, even if COD or Hoodoo would be the real dream. Be a good opportunity for the "getcher lighters out" shtick with 90,000 people.