Honey, we are just realists.

Has nothing to do with whether or not I'm a "realist". I just wasn't expecting everyone to think it sucked so bad, mimed or not. It's not like they had a choice.

But oh well, this IS the Muse board after all. :rolleyes:

And don't call me honey! :fear:

It's even funnier when you're a musician.

The fact i said i wasn't sure if they mimed or not because the guitar sounded different..

Honestly, i have no idea why you ridicule people for a different opinion or making a mistake. There's no need in the slightest to be a cunt about it.

Exactly. "omg One Direction are soooo bad ugh I hate them"

Fuck off they did nothing wrong with their performance.

I thought One Directiona and Take That had one of the most solid performances of the night, which comes from having good (lead) singers and having that group harmony thing going for you. It's a different question whether that type of music is particularly interesting, but I thought both did a good job.

If anything it's one of the most vocally dynamic songs Muse have done in a long time. Not to mention that the song covers more range than every Muse album put together aside from The Resistance.

It may cover more range, but the majority of the song is just the same 2-3 notes. I know nothing of singing, but I can't imagine it's easy to go from 30 seconds of the same note to a high falsetto. Fair point on the range, but I'd disagree with the dynamism.

I thought One Directiona and Take That had one of the most solid performances of the night, which comes from having good (lead) singers and having that group harmony thing going for you. It's a different question whether that type of music is particularly interesting, but I thought both did a good job.

So 1D actually sang did they? Sounded identical to the record to me.

All 1D did was a bit of generic contemporary dance which they probably didn't even choreograph, and pretend to sing a song they didn't write.

It may cover more range, but the majority of the song is just the same 2-3 notes. I know nothing of singing, but I can't imagine it's easy to go from 30 seconds of the same note to a high falsetto. Fair point on the range, but I'd disagree with the dynamism.

First part is generally low for his range, then breaks out into practically the top of his chest range, then it's a bit of a climb up until the big riff. Then the final note which is the same one from Showbiz and Micro Cuts aka highest note hit in studio.

I thought it sounded quite bad on both.

It only slightly worked on Bo Rhap because of the time between the vocals. There was barely any overlap. That being said it wasn't needed. On WWRY it was retarded though. More delay than a fucking U2 concert.

1D had a vocal backing track as well as an instrumental backing track.

Yeah, how anyone can say they 'performed' is beyond me. They did fuck all. And for the record, I'm not saying Muse did much either, but at least Matt has balls and a decent vocal range.

I don't understand, are you saying that the song is hard because it lacks dynamics? If anything, dynamics makes it harder. A song like Stockholm Syndrome is hard to sing simply because of the fast changes between chest and falsetto.

And the verses of Survival aren't lacking dynamics much more than any other Muse song. The first verse alone covers an octave(two octaves with the high note)

1D are your typical shitey pop band. Nothing against them personally, but the stuff they come out with is terrible, to me anyway

Has nothing to do with whether or not I'm a "realist". I just wasn't expecting everyone to think it sucked so bad, mimed or not. It's not like they had a choice.

But oh well, this IS the Muse board after all. :rolleyes:

And don't call me honey! :fear:

But Renee... it did suck...

Yeah, how anyone can say they 'performed' is beyond me. They did fuck all. And for the record, I'm not saying Muse did much either, but at least Matt has balls and a decent vocal range.

At least Matt sung without a vocal backing track. 1D sing to a backing track every show they do, and its louder than them too.

Things I loved about the performance:

Matt's piano

Marts suit

Matts hair

The fact that Matt 'played' the piano and the guitar

The transition

The fact that Matt hit that damn note

Doms arms

Chris union jack bass

Chris head banging

Doms tshirt

Matts tshirt

Doms legs

Doms smile

Dom

Chris bad assery

How much they clearly enjoyed it

How much enthusiasm they put into it

Did I mention Dom?

Things I didn't like:

The choirs faces

Nightmares

At least Matt sung without a vocal backing track. 1D sing to a backing track every show they do, and its louder than them too.

I know right. This basically automatically renders their performance lower than anyone who actually sang/played anything on the night.

So 1D actually sang did they? Sounded identical to the record to me.

All 1D did was a bit of generic contemporary dance which they probably didn't even choreograph, and pretend to sing a song they didn't write.

I have no idea what the record sounds like as I've never heard a single 1D song, but weren't they formed as the result of making it to the top at a SINGING contest? Why would it be beyond their talents to sing a song live?

Again, it's commercial pop music. To have some "against in principle" attitude about it is ridiculous. Take it for what it is.

I have no idea what the record sounds like as I've never heard a single 1D song, but weren't they formed as the result of making it to the top at a SINGING contest? Why would it be beyond their talents to sing a song live?

They came in third.

Things I loved about the performance:

Matt's piano

Marts suit

Matts hair

The fact that Matt 'played' the piano and the guitar

The transition

The fact that Matt hit that damn note

Doms arms

Chris union jack bass

Chris head banging

Doms tshirt