Drones Album Reviews

What's this guys? :eek:

http://www.timeout.com/london/music/muse-drones-album-review

It is not even a review. I dunno, it's smth else.

Lol, the things he accuses Muse that they didn't tackle, they actually did in Reapers; lack of accountability "and there's no one behind the wheel", civilians killed by drones "home, it's becoming a killing field", etc...

what was he looking for in a concept rock album? the statistics?

He does have a point though. The lyrics in Reapers are so fucking vague and generic.

as specific as they should be on the subject of drone warfare imo. these lyrics are already unsubtle, imagine matt singing something like "obama, stop killing innocent civilians in northern pakistan in non-surgical drone attacks"

as specific as they should be on the subject of drone warfare imo. these lyrics are already unsubtle, imagine matt singing something like "obama, stop killing innocent civilians in northern pakistan in non-surgical drone attacks"

And he's aware of that, and actually he's said it in a lot of interviews, about Obama making that "killing decisions". So, at least it's better than nothing. Not all the musicians talk about polytics so openly.

Actually read the review.

- Muse have never been to North Waziristan. Checked.

"You can tell Matt Bellamy has never been to North Waziristan, because not a slither of this information makes it into Muse’s seventh album"

Reapers alludes to that kinda in the first line. Lack of lyrical content doesn't somehow mean this goes unnoticed. It's like one of the biggest controversies of drones.

"the uncomfortable truth is that they’re stuck in a glam-rock rut, which – sorry Musers – Royal Blood now do with twice the urgency and zero guff."

Royal Blood are glam-rock, or at all related. Ok.

Ok.

"rather, it just seems like a cheap attempt to remake Pink Floyd’s ‘The Wall’."

Concept album = The Wall. Their concepts aren't even really similar.

"you can sadly picture a gun nut or Andy McNab reader totally getting off to this."

Ah, the "gun nut" slur. I won't go further.

"Muse are so out of their box, they throw in a sample of JFK rather than the actual, living president who has sanctioned more drones than anyone: Barack Obama."

This has a point, and it would have been more interesting. Reapers was the only song that seemed to be distinctly about drones, and not just because it has the most usage of the word "drones". The last paragraph in general drives the most valid criticism I'd say.

"Muse are so out of their box, they throw in a sample of JFK rather than the actual, living president who has sanctioned more drones than anyone: Barack Obama."

This has a point, and it would have been more interesting. Reapers was the only song that seemed to be distinctly about drones, and not just because it has the most usage of the word "drones". The last paragraph in general drives the most valid criticism I'd say.

I remember reading/hearing that they only used the JFK speech as it's optimistic and matches the mood of the album past that point

I remember reading/hearing that they only used the JFK speech as it's optimistic and matches the mood of the album past that point

I know, but that's kinda what I mean. It becomes genericly uplifting and the specific concept just kinda gets thrown out (revolt saying drone doesn't count).