JessicaSarahS

Drones Album Reviews

I know Fantano retweeted Defector, but I have a feeling he's gonna rip this album to pieces

I seem to be the only one that doesn't find him that funny :erm:

He's not a comedian.

Okay, so Cal Chuchesta isn't a character made up for comedic purposes?

I just don't see the appeal in general

But the fact that he has a character that sporadically appears in some of the videos doesn't make him a comedian, he's still a music reviewer.

But the fact that he has a character that sporadically appears in some of the videos doesn't make him a comedian, he's still a music reviewer.

My original point was that most people I've spoken to who watch his videos say that a reason they watch him is because they find him funny, and I don't.

Ok that's a fair point (it wasn't clear to me at first).

Yeah, I realised I should have explained it a bit more

'There’s a glaring missed opportunity here to incorporate more musical drone, a rich seam of elegiac, heavy music.'

This is a good point no one else has seemed to make.

'There’s a glaring missed opportunity here to incorporate more musical drone, a rich seam of elegiac, heavy music.'

This is a good point no one else has seemed to make.

They shouldn't have to incorporate any style of music other than what they want to make. That's a poor criticism in my opinion.

They shouldn't have to incorporate any style of music other than what they want to make. That's a poor criticism in my opinion.

That's a bit like saying "they shouldn't make the album any other way than what they want it to sound like", no?

I agree that they missed a chance to incorporate drone music. The Reapers outro has a tiny bit of it and it sounds nice

That's a bit like saying "they shouldn't make the album any other way than what they want it to sound like", no?

I agree that they missed a chance to incorporate drone music. The Reapers outro has a tiny bit of it and it sounds nice

Well, yeah. It's fine to wish there were certain types of music on there, it just reminds me of someone I saw on Facebook who hated the album because it didn't sound like Slayer. Seriously.

The Gigwise review had a line that said (I'm paraphrasing), "Take a drink everytime the word drones is mentioned and you could be pretty hammered."

Sounds like a challenge.

Fuck I'm sure you are in love with Fantano.:LOL:

I was listening today to The Wall (it's all about concept albums :LOL:) and it's an amazing listening. But I wonder what we will say about Matt's songwriting if he wrote:

"Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?" :LOL::LOL:

I was listening today to The Wall (it's all about concept albums :LOL:) and it's an amazing listening. But I wonder what we will say about Matt's songwriting if he wrote:

"Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?" :LOL::LOL:

People would be complaining because how dare Matt use the word "balls" in a song.

People would be complaining because how dare Matt use the word "balls" in a song.

And how many teams he says "wall" in the record :LOL::LOL::LOL:. How dare he!

How much did he bench press?

He did a lot of cardio from what I remember, worked out with some blonde did when he did lift. I never saw him going heavy, average i'd say. So 135-155.

He did a lot of cardio from what I remember, worked out with some blonde did when he did lift. I never saw him going heavy, average i'd say. So 135-155.

Bet the blonde guy was Tim Mislock

This is now an Antlers thread.

"they shouldn't make the album any other way than what they want it to sound like"

What's wrong with this statement?

We've had "birth squeeze", gas and ass; next album will be something penile, for sure.