Drones Album Reviews

So people are complaining that the lyrics are too vague now, after complaining they're too direct? :LOL:

Sounds about right tbf. :chuckle:

Incidentally, Royal Blood? Glam rock? Wut?

I still think Reapers and Horsemen sounds better :phu:

I change lyrics when singing along all the time, and that's usually one variation.

Here, the ARTV review. He give a 4.5/5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqgJlzuBz7I.

But I'm not a fan of his review :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks! I like ARTV, but I'm really anticipating Spectrum Pulse's review. He'll do a text review that's basically the video script on his blog, then post a video on Youtube. Needledrop's okay, but he doesn't go as in depth as I'd like.

Edit: Sorry, the way I worded it, it sounds like the needledrop review is out. It's not. As far as I know.

I'm waiting (patiently) for the Allmusic review, they tend to be spot-on about the relative quality of albums, and they're usually quite good with their "track picks" as well.

I expect a 3.5 Mercy, Dead Inside, Revolt "track picks" :LOL::LOL::D

I'm waiting (patiently) for the Allmusic review, they tend to be spot-on about the relative quality of albums, and they're usually quite good with their "track picks" as well.

Agreed. I find Allmusic to be the most trustworthy with reviews personally as they do not cater to a specific "scene(term used loosely)". However I do tend to disagree with then when it comes to Muse most of the time although I don't really need their help to make my own personal opinion of the album.

Digital Spy gave the album a 4/5, calling it the best Muse album in a decade (I agree :LOL:).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/review/a651310/muses-drones-reviewed-easily-their-best-album-in-a-decade.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~peSr8SqOsoCukk

I'm very surprised that we don't have almost any negative reviews. Muse albums always have a mixed reception...

:stunned:. Mylo Xyloto is the worst Coldplay album by miles! :LOL::LOL:

While I love Midnight and Magic I think that Ghost stories is the worst Coldplay album, I liked that they tried to do another Parachutes but that time is long gone.

While I love Midnight and Magic I think that Ghost stories is the worst Coldplay album, I liked that they tried to do another Parachutes but that time is long gone.

Yeah, it's hard to chose which is worse... I think Coldplay lost it after Viva la Vida, which I think it's actually a good record. But, hey, Drones is collecting great reviews. So far, so good :happy:

I know Fantano retweeted Defector, but I have a feeling he's gonna rip this album to pieces

It will probably a pretty fair review. He knows what Muse is and how to judge what they do.

And I always felt that he has a soft spot for some Muse magic.

:nerd:

I know Fantano retweeted Defector, but I have a feeling he's gonna rip this album to pieces

Regarding T2L he particularly disliked the last four tracks, where there's pretty much no Matt Bellamy vocals. I think he'll like this one more, and there's definitely more "flow". I'm guessing strong 6 to light 7?

And there might be some issues with Pitchfork, but this little bit from the BH&R review:

three dudes advancing a vision of rock music that operates on three fundamental assumptions: 1) distortion is always better than no distortion; 2) every measure of music should contain at least one drum fill; and 3) the future will be dominated by robots. Muse leave no room for compromise on these points.

is one of the most fun things I've ever read in a music review. :LOL:

Regarding T2L he particularly disliked the last four tracks, where there's pretty much no Matt Bellamy vocals. I think he'll like this one more, and there's definitely more "flow". I'm guessing strong 6 to light 7?

And there might be some issues with Pitchfork, but this little bit from the BH&R review:

three dudes advancing a vision of rock music that operates on three fundamental assumptions: 1) distortion is always better than no distortion; 2) every measure of music should contain at least one drum fill; and 3) the future will be dominated by robots. Muse leave no room for compromise on these points.

is one of the most fun things I've ever read in a music review. :LOL:

But distortion IS always better, isn't it? :LOL: