Wat :LOL:

Yeah, that and the instrumental thing were an attempt at a funny. I did like it though. Visions of a sea of Matt clones onstage singing, then Dom shooing them back into their cage with a broom once the song's over. Chris on standby on the other side of the stage in case one of them tries to escape. Actual Matt has an ostentatious glittery suit, purple flashing video glasses, or both to differentiate him from the other Bellamykin.

Yeah, that and the instrumental thing were an attempt at a funny. I did like it though. Visions of a sea of Matt clones onstage singing, then Dom shooing them back into their cage with a broom once the song's over. Chris on standby on the other side of the stage in case one of them tries to escape. Actual Matt has an ostentatious glittery suit, purple flashing video glasses, or both to differentiate him from the other Bellamykin.

Never mind drones, we need a concept album like that! :LOL:

:LOL: I can see it now...seriously though, what are the odds that there's either a recording of this or random choral singers actually performing this in their upcoming tours? I'm kind of envisioning it as a way for the band to say goodbye after encores (via recording probably). Depends on if they really go for a "story" for their concerts on upcoming tours or not. I'm not saying I like the idea, but it could be one of Matt's crazy ideas that passes through the band's filter (like ending the album with that in the first place). Would be a good way to get people to calm down :p Just remember if this happens, you heard it from me first!

Edit: finally listened all the way through the album...I will sleep on it but maybe after a few more run-throughs I'll have some coherent thoughts on it.

I can't stand Reznor's voice, it's so vanilla it hurts :noey: ruins the actual music as well imo

-hides from Jessica- :ninja:

Wat? It's hardly vanilla! I am disappoint. :noey: :'(

To be fair to both NIN and Muse, NIN's music definitely suits the "concept album" a whole lot better than Muse's. As evident by Trent's success in film scoring.

Not that I think Drones is a great concept album. I do think it is a great "Muse" concept album in that it is over the top and has a distinct lack of subtlety. Seriously, I don't know what else people were expecting from a Muse concept album, but Drones pretty much met my expectations.

Edit for clarification: I think NIN concept albums live and breath on their ambiguity and openness for interpretation. It's pretty clear that Muse weren't even attempting something like that. Two completely different types of concept albums. Don't really think you can compare them to each other.

I love Year Zero, but the concept was reinforced quite a bit with the ARG. Both were good on their own, but great together. My opinion of the album would be slightly lower without the backing of the ARG.

I'd rank Year Zero just slightly above Drones. It has some fantastic songs, but there are some awkward moments too-- just like Drones.

I'm very happy with this album! Of the 10 songs, I really love 9 of them - the only one that won't be making it onto my ipod is 'Drones'. There's not much between the other 9 for me at the moment. Hard to tell at the moment which are my favourites, as I've listened to Dead Inside, Psycho etc a lot more than the unreleased songs.

Another thing to note is that there's not much let-up towards the end of the album. Usually (especially on OoS, Abso, The 2nd Law), the best songs all seem to be crammed into the first half of the album but that doesn't seem to be the case this time. Ok, the likes of Revolt, Defector etc might not quite be up to the standard of Reapers and The Handler, but there's not much in it. I certainly won't be skipping back to the start like I did most of the time with T2L.

Brilliant album!

For once I agree with JJ.

:awesome: this is a momentous occasion.

Yeah I'll check out Downward Spiral too, after I listen to Year Zero.

However I found myself getting into How to Destroy Angels a while back because it had a more listenable vocalist (his wife) + the NIN typical production.

I find all this 'rating' and 'order' stuff hilarious. It's like being in the gym and those die-hard people talking about what muscles they've done in what kind of exercise.

:wtf:

Do you even lift?

I bet you skip leg day. :phu:

:LOL: basically both of these.