Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I've heard it play twice here in the UK and no talk about it. No idea if it was in the Top 40. Strange that Muse receive more attention in some countries they're not from than the one they are.

I had to listen to Radio 1 on a job all day for 2 weeks recently (yes it was harsh) and DI was played at least twice, sometimes 3 times each day. The least I heard it was my second week when it was only played once on a certain day.

Yep, a day before? Especially if it's a new single, Dead Inside was announced like 3 weeks before.

lol no way this new single will be announced with the same precedent. 3 weeks? Nah. This new one is coming within 2, most likely within 1.

Ugh I'm tired of this waiting and speculating and listening to crappy recordings of live versions. Bring on the damn album already :LOL:

Although I have to say time goes a lot faster than I initially thought, only 3 weeks left!

edit: oh I thought this was the general Drones thread. Oh well.

I made my post just after I did what you described haha, it's rather easy to play since it's a walking bassline but it does the trick.

Haha! I find walking bass lines so satisfying to play. Fingers crossed I can get a similar fuzz tone too, that'd just be heaven.

This bassline really is killer.

It is! I was lucky enough to be on barrier at iHeart directly in front of Chris. The moment the song started, my first thought was just "woah" :eek::LOL:

Not going to lie, part of me is irritated about the leak. It was something so cool and special just for us, and now it's not anymore. Maybe that makes me selfish :LOL:

It is! I was lucky enough to be on barrier at iHeart directly in front of Chris. The moment the song started, my first thought was just "woah" :eek::LOL:

Not going to lie, part of me is irritated about the leak. It was something so cool and special just for us, and now it's not anymore. Maybe that makes me selfish :LOL:

I'd say it's still special for you guys, you got to see its debut live! Not many can say they saw a Muse song get revealed live for the first time. Plus I know it probably sounded way better hearing it live than listening to any soundboards or bootlegs of it.

Well out of the loop - sorry! - but are we expecting Mercy to be released in the not too distant future given it's track length has now suddenly appeared on iTunes? (And nothing else has)

Yep!

My guess would be anytime between now and Monday. Basing this off how quickly they came out on iTunes when the Psycho and Dead Inside track lengths went up. Psycho was the same day!