Do you like Mercy?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Mercy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Seriously always when I hear a new song since I started to know this band ( a year before BHaR ) The new songs I got to listen to wear perfectly fitting my momentary mood........

I thought after getting out of beeing a teenager it would not be so huge anymore but it still is.

Love Mercy

good mix which kind of reminds me of bliss in a way

something in between bliss, glorious and starlight

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to live versions this time around, after being let down with T2L songs after eWerk, but I keep listening anyways.

wtf is wrong with me? :noey:

Quality is way too low to tell, but I'm actually quite optimistic about this one.

Got to push myself to avoid it again, lest it become this album's Follow Me for me.

I promised myself I wouldn't listen to live versions this time around, after being let down with T2L songs after eWerk, but I keep listening anyways.

wtf is wrong with me? :noey:

Quality is way too low to tell, but I'm actually quite optimistic about this one.

Got to push myself to avoid it again, lest it become this album's Follow Me for me.

I don't know why you'd do that lol. If anything, hearing the live versions then --> studio is a good idea considering that the production on this album is shaping up to be their best yet.

I know, right? It's very promising. There are four songs on The 2nd Law that I can listen to many times and enjoy from the entire album, so all this album needs is one more track that I can listen to regularly and really enjoy. All of Muse's first five albums are absolutely amazing. I loved The 2nd Law, but it doesn't compare for me. So far, this seems to be a return for Muse in my opinion.

You loved T2L but only like 4 songs from it?

I don't know why you'd do that lol. If anything, hearing the live versions then --> studio is a good idea considering that the production on this album is shaping up to be their best yet.

None of the T2L tracks lived up to my expectations after eWerk, and I'm afraid I might have enjoyed the album more had I not listened to the live versions first. Not that I didn't enjoy the album, but I remember the crushing disappointment of hearing studio Follow Me after being obsessed with the live one and listening to it WAY too much.

Was curious to see if the reverse would be true with this album, but I haven't been able to control my damn self.

I blame the constant fear of my colon exploding. :phu:

I really enjoy what I am hearing from this track so far. It captures BH&R Muse really well but doesn't do so in a way that seems like they are trying to copy a previous sound. It's natural, unforced Muse.

I'm sure people will and already do dislike this song because it's not very heavy or a 7 minute long "epic" prog rock song.To me though, this style of music is just as much "Muse" as some of their heavier stuff. It also seems like every time they try to copy that old Muse sound it ends up sounding like a parody of themselves or some Queen cover band.

For a song that most likely serves as a break from guitars and overall heaviness, I'd say it will do its job very well.

You know what I like so far about the songs we've heard? The influences aren't completely in your face(minus what we've heard in The Globalist intro). I think everything sounds like Muse and not Muse attempting to be someone else.

You know what I like so far about the songs we've heard? The influences aren't completely in your face(minus what we've heard in The Globalist intro). I think everything sounds like Muse and not Muse attempting to be someone else.

This is a pretty good point. Well aside from Reapers which is very very very 80's rock influenced. Maybe that's why it's my least favorite of the 4 we've heard. It's Muse trying to be something else and I hate when they do that.

People betting on the album version sounding boring or empty are forgetting the album is being produced by Mutt Lange. He managed to make even Dead Inside sound punchy and full. I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

None of the T2L tracks lived up to my expectations after eWerk, and I'm afraid I might have enjoyed the album more had I not listened to the live versions first. Not that I didn't enjoy the album, but I remember the crushing disappointment of hearing studio Follow Me after being obsessed with the live one and listening to it WAY too much.

Was curious to see if the reverse would be true with this album, but I haven't been able to control my damn self.

I blame the constant fear of my colon exploding. :phu:

You ignored my point tho. I was saying doing the same with this album won't be as disappointing because Mutt's production job is stellar and will bring out the best out of each track here, whereas the production wasn't on the same level with T2L.

Why is it not cool? The playback is a vocal harmony. It's not like there are a lot of songs that have a million Matts going off. I'd prefer to actually have a supporting track of just the vocals for certain songs to add the extra oomph because Chris can only provide so much. Assassin is a good example of this, Soldier's Poem, etc. I only have a problem with playback when it's an essential part of a song.

So you'd prefer playback instead of Chris' vocals? That's ridiculous. And it's not an insignificant part of the song, it's the main vocal melody. In any case, playback should be limited to pop-acts who sucks live.

So you'd prefer playback instead of Chris' vocals? That's ridiculous. And it's not an insignificant part of the song, it's the main vocal melody. In any case, playback should be limited to pop-acts who sucks live.

No, I meant I would like playback to supplement his vocals. I said "he can only do so much", meaning there are limits. If there are 3 Matts in the song that means without playback they can only have 2. Also, chill out lol

No, I meant I would like playback to supplement his vocals. I said "he can only do so much", meaning there are limits. If there are 3 Matts in the song that means without playback they can only have 2. Also, chill out lol

If there are three Matts in the song, and they can only do two, then so be it. Live performances are supposed to be live with the obvious limitations that will mean compared to a studio version. Vocal playback is never ok, instrumental backing tracks like violins, trumpets and so on aren't my cup of tea, but tolerable.

Sounds like it! Must have been a restricted gig and maybe this is the next single?

yeah it was a restricted gig - they took people's cameras and phones apparently and people think it could be the next single yeee, personally i hope so i like it

think it's been taken down everywhere now

Nooooooooo....... I really wanna listen to it! but it's ok anyway cuz even though I've listened to live version of a song but haven't heard the studio version of that song I won't know if I like it or not. And 28 days again from today they'll release drones.

Elaborate? The only example I can think of is the choir in Survival, which I think was completely unnecessary to include in the live performance.

Well can you explain why it's an issue other than "I don't like it"? I'd rather they not rely on on playback, but it's not like they're miming.

Elaborate? The only example I can think of is the choir in Survival, which I think was completely unnecessary to include in the live performance.

the choir vocals in survival added to the performance i felt, especially being there in person

also correct me if i'm wrong but i remember reading somewhere they used playback for the backing vocals in the hysteria chorus back on the absolution tour as well and from videos of that era it doesn't detract from the performance at all