What are our hopes for the rest of the album right now? TBH the first half has been average (but better than T2L and TR) so far...

I'm really liking wherw the album is going. Not too keen on Mercy but the other tracks are pretty good. I haven't formed a full opinion yet wether I like thes album better than TR or T2L, I want to hear the full thing first. We've only heard 1/3 of the album yet...

If the album continues to be of the quality of the first 4 songs we've heard (and the little snippets of the globalist and defector which sounded amazing) I'm gonna be pretty damn happy with it. Might even make it to number 4 on my list above Showbiz - can't see it knocking absolution off the number 3 spot though. JFK sounded really cool as well from the youtube video i saw, that ending of Defector melody is really catchy yet moody.

What are our hopes for the rest of the album right now? TBH the first half has been average (but better than T2L and TR) so far...

I think the first half is great, definitely not average! Dead Inside and Reapers are amazing songs. Dead Inside is one of the best (if not the best) pop-rock songs Muse have ever done, and Reapers, well, is Reapers, best thing they've done since Exogenesis in my opinion. Psycho is a fun live song, not great, but very good. And Mercy is maybe the worst of them all, but it's the classic piano pop-rock song, very Muse-y and I prefer it to Resistance and Starlight. So, yeah, my expectations are high, best since BH&R, which is my favourite album.

Thinking about it, the album is going to be tough to listen to on vinyl. Split up into 4 sides!

CD wins in terms of playing it consistently all the way through.

-sigh-

Anybody know if getting the CD or CD+DVD gives us the iTunes album as well? Or is that just deluxe edition only?

In my opinion if the rest of the songs live up to the hype (globalist and handler especially) the album will be rated atleast 2nd best Muse album for me. Behind Origin ofc.

I wouldnt skip any of the 4 songs we heard while playing my Muse mega playlist. Meanwhile all the albums except the Origin has atleast 2-3 songs thats is just meh and instant skip for me...

In my humble view so far, Psycho, Dead Inside, Mercy and Reapers beat Supremacy, Madness, Panic Station and Survival, as well as Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and USoE.. Quite possible the Black Holes opening four, too.

If the rest of the album follows suit in this fashion this will be their best album since Absolution for me, and it won't be particularly close to call either. Quality so far.

I think this is probably going to be the most solid cohesive album Muse has put out since Abso IMO.

Not trying to ride on the hype train (I loved Reapers no matter what, getting the studio version was like a bonus) but just viewing the songs thematically and considering we got the first 4 of the album (meaning we can listen to them in order) everything is just coming together.

Some one pointed out that "babe" was a reoccurring thing, but not because of the lazyness of the song writing, but almost a hint that the protagonist may be fighting another "war" so to speak aside from his internal conflicts, which i think is an awesome observation.

The lyrics are flat simple in Psycho, and the riff is numbingly repetitive. However i see this as intentional because it drives home the whole concept of brainwashing and etc. Your mind hears the same thing over and over again, driving you insane to the point of losing yourself. Its all part of the THEME.

And the dynamics of the songs plays an important role, a very simple one at that. DI starts mellow, ends with your blood pumping, Psycho leads off of that, only to throw you into Mercy which, i wouldn't say mellows you out but brings a halt to the rush that came from Psycho. Thereafter you're thrown into Reapers, bringing you back to a crazy head rush. You all may not feel the same way, but it is supposed to convey the emotional wreck our unfortunate protagonist is going through, thus making the song order very imperative in this case!!

Im sure what i'm saying has been said before, but as always, this is just my opinion lol ;)

I think this is probably going to be the most solid cohesive album Muse has put out since Abso IMO.

Didn't even have to read the rest, but yes I agree on this point already. I think the points as to why this will be cohesive speak for themselves, there are enough hints already that can create different interpretations as well about the factors that contribute to it, but the end result will likely be the same.