To get back (sort of) on topic, I'm quite disappointed (not sure if that's the right word actually) that we've heard so much of this album already, and still 3 weeks to go until the release date. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pulling my hair out now if we still hadn't heard anything by now, and I could hardly have avoided the 3 officially released songs anyway (or Reapers for that matter, seeing as I was at the Newport gig). And yes, I know, I know, it's my fault for being weak and chasing down the Globalist/Defector Making of leak, but I can't help myself, I just like Muse too much not to listen to what's out there.

But a part of me would just like the album released without warning and without previews/reviews. Imagine how incredible that would be, to be able to listen to the songs for the first time without any prejudice. That would really excite me. I'm a bit of a U2 fan too, so the release of Songs of Innocence came as a huge shock and I really enjoyed listening to all those new songs afresh.

And yes, before anyone says it, I know I'm weak and it's my own fault. I'm just thinking out loud here.

I agree, I'd love to wake up one day and a new album has just been put up on iTunes etc with no warning, and the fandom is going crazy and nobody knew Muse had even recorded anything new until that moment.

Can I just remind everyone that NME ran an article on T2L last time round where they said that Supremacy contained the line "The seas have risen up". Wouldn't be surprised if they're just as clueless about the Reapers chorus as we are.

Good call.

Can I just remind everyone that NME ran an article on T2L last time round where they said that Supremacy contained the line "The seas have risen up". Wouldn't be surprised if they're just as clueless about the Reapers chorus as we are.

I'm going with this, because that line just sounds awfully weird.

Hey museboard, long time no see.

About that italian review, it says AFTER 13 minutes. So that leked pic could be legit. The Globalist 12.50 and Drones 1.50, more or less ;)

No, the person who "leaked it" said it was fake

Good call.

I'm going with this, because that line just sounds awfully weird.

I'd suggest to relisten to the proshot of Reapers and listen for "babe". It's definitely there. Also for the guy to mishear this on the album would mean the mix is either off of the guy isn't paying attention. I'm sure this is considered a big article for the writer/interviewer/reviewer, I doubt that kind of oversight would happen again.

Yeah, I'd like to think they wouldn't post lyrics in an article unless they were absolutely sure of them - could be embarrassing. That doesn't explain the "seas have risen up" thing though - if you can't understand the lyrics on Supremacy, you really need to have your hearing tested.

To get back (sort of) on topic, I'm quite disappointed (not sure if that's the right word actually) that we've heard so much of this album already, and still 3 weeks to go until the release date. Don't get me wrong, I'd be pulling my hair out now if we still hadn't heard anything by now, and I could hardly have avoided the 3 officially released songs anyway (or Reapers for that matter, seeing as I was at the Newport gig). And yes, I know, I know, it's my fault for being weak and chasing down the Globalist/Defector Making of leak, but I can't help myself, I just like Muse too much not to listen to what's out there.

But a part of me would just like the album released without warning and without previews/reviews. Imagine how incredible that would be, to be able to listen to the songs for the first time without any prejudice. That would really excite me. I'm a bit of a U2 fan too, so the release of Songs of Innocence came as a huge shock and I really enjoyed listening to all those new songs afresh.

And yes, before anyone says it, I know I'm weak and it's my own fault. I'm just thinking out loud here.

You're not weak and I'd love to hear the full album without hearing singles early as well. The problem is it's not very realistic today as albums are usually marketed a few months before to give people time to get interested. I honestly don't try to over listen to the songs we get before the album is released because I find myself getting sick of them. I guess you've still got the fact that Drones is a concept album to look forward to, so the songs we've already heard should take on a different meaning when listened to from start to finish.

Yeah, I'd like to think they wouldn't post lyrics in an article unless they were absolutely sure of them - could be embarrassing. That doesn't explain the "seas have risen up" thing though - if you can't understand the lyrics on Supremacy, you really need to have your hearing tested.

Yeah, he clearly says "policies have risen up". If anything, the guy probably heard "all the seas have risen up" since that's what I heard myself at first listen.

You're not weak and I'd love to hear the full album without hearing singles early as well. The problem is it's not very realistic today as albums are usually marketed a few months before to give people time to get interested. I honestly don't try to over listen to the songs we get before the album is released because I find myself getting sick of them. I guess you've still got the fact that Drones is a concept album to look forward to, so the songs we've already heard should take on a different meaning when listened to from start to finish.

I've listened to them all to death. I think I'm responsible for about half the YouTube hits.

I didn't want Drones to be a really short track. No wonder they said nothing about it in the interviews. :(

Yeah that really only makes it 9 proper songs and 3 interstitial sort of pieces for this album...

But at least we have The Globalist which, at pretty much almost the length of Exogenesis, and being in parts, is the equivalent of three songs.

I really REALLY hope the guy misheard it. Babe is such a shit word and makes for an even shittier lyric. It's sort of immersion breaking. Here we have a proper rock and roll song aaand nope contains the twattiest term of endearment under the sun. Fantastic. It doesn't even seem to fit, is he referring to Obama as his babe? I feel very awkward to once again be reminded that Bellamy reads all these hack tinfoil hat books and then takes them seriously.

/opinions

The reviewer makes it sound like Drones is a ripoff of the middle section of The Prophet's Song. We'll see just how that one goes when the time comes I suppose...

Yeah that really only makes it 9 proper songs and 3 interstitial sort of pieces for this album...

But at least we have The Globalist which, at pretty much almost the length of Exogenesis, and being in parts, is the equivalent of three songs.

That's exactly what I was thinking about at the moment! That The Globalist has pretty much the length of 3 songs. :D

So, maybe it's not too bad. Hope that it's 12 minutes though.

That's exactly what I was thinking about at the moment! That The Globalist has pretty much the length of 3 songs. :D

So, maybe it's not too bad. Hope that it's 12 minutes though.

I'm leaning towards the italian track-by-track implying that Globalist+Drones together is 13 minutes, but I think Drones will be short so I reckon Globalist will be around 11 minutes itself. Which is more than enough to satisfy me :)

What do people predict to be the entire album length? I was trying to think of the most realistic lengths of songs (just conjecture, but I don't think Defector/Revolt/Aftermath will be more than 4-5 mintues each, but I do think Reapers will be the full 6 minutes with the outro). I added them up, and I got ~51 minutes. Not as long as the last couple of albums, but longer than BHaR.

??? are you joking

Deep ecology is literally the entire album. It's about the inherent worth of human beings being more important than their instrumental utility to an ends, and calls for a radical restructuring of society to support this ideology. Literally the entire narrative. Human life and servitude is not to be trifled with.

You nicked that off Wikipedia :LOL: