Again, the itunes screenshot is totally fake. Chris says The Globalist length in a Italian interview: 12 minutes.

Chris says 12, Matt says 10, an interviewer/reviewer said 9. At this point, any of them could be true.

It was pretty obviously fake anyway though.

with official i now meant confirmed aka the songs actually released. Still think the fact that it was taken down as more probable for it being legit than anything, unless of course the guy explicitly said he made it all up.

Do i have to post this a third time???

the same person who posted that on reddit then posted this a few days after: http://i.imgur.com/rfechjc.png

proof - http://www.reddit.com/user/itunes_drone

He literally came back and literally said he had literally faked the whole thing

L I T E R A L L Y

So according to a Seattle radio station, Reapers is supposed to be the next single. That'd be great if true, and hopefully it's accompanied by a physical release.

To hell with a physical release, if there's one thing I'd want, I would DEFINITELY want to see a music video for that. Reapers confirmed for this album's KoC.

I actually like the concept of this album, and whenever Matt's talked about it in interviews he seems to have a decent grasp of the themes. Shame he's translated that so literally.

Me too, but I don't mind about they talking about the concept literally. In that way they can reach more people with the message, and Matt is very pasionate about it (you can see how he gets excited on interviews :LOL:). I suppose it lose artistic value, but I don't think it's a big deal. Although they will be reviewed harsh because of this...

Me too, but I don't mind about they talking about the concept literally. In that way they can reach more people with the message, and Matt is very pasionate about it (you can see how he gets excited on interviews :LOL:). I suppose it lose artistic value, but I don't think it's a big deal. Although they will be reviewed harsh because of this...

I guess my problem with it is that he could've done a bit more with the topic and explored some more interesting ideas instead of just going for the standard 'love + fuck the man'. Then again, hearing him talk about drones and loss of empathy and whatnot interested me and made me wanna go out and learn more about it so I suppose it maybe succeeded in that sense.

Mercy just came out and there's already talk of the next single? I think Reapers would be a great single, but seeing as though they did a single edit for Dead Inside, I'd hate to see what kind of butcher job they'd have to do on Reapers to get it to radio friendly length.

Mercy just came out and there's already talk of the next single? I think Reapers would be a great single, but seeing as though they did a single edit for Dead Inside, I'd hate to see what kind of butcher job they'd have to do on Reapers to get it to radio friendly length.

They'd probably just cut the second "intro" solo and the outro. It'd be a simple cut to make.

My concern about this album is that despite their insistence that it was a 'back to basics rock album' it doesn't appear to be anything like that. Still time to be proven wrong though obviously.

I personally think it'll just be another T2L...

It's not the quality of the track that makes me think this, it's that I think after listening to them they could very well be from a different album. They all sound like they could be from something else, i.e. not cohesive...

I made this point to my friend today and he agreed.

back to basics doesn't equal cohesive. And they've stayed very true to their statement. Pretty much all of the tracks we've heard aside from Globalist has been three piece rock with a simple synth melody or two, which IS classic Muse.

I guess my problem with it is that he could've done a bit more with the topic and explored some more interesting ideas instead of just going for the standard 'love + fuck the man'. Then again, hearing him talk about drones and loss of empathy and whatnot interested me and made me wanna go out and learn more about it so I suppose it maybe succeeded in that sense.

Well, he talk in the songs we've already heard about other topics like military brainwashing, but, yeah, he could explore more ideas in these songs. But we haven't listen to all the album, so I will give Matt a chance :LOL:. I'm actually happy about the lyrics we've heard, I think that they are a massive improvement over T2L. I love Dead Inside in that sense, very solid and emotional lyrics in here. I even like Psycho, because it's what it is, a militar rant, it fits the concept. But I have to admit I'm not too demanding with the lyrics as I am with the music, but this time, I'm happy in both the aspects :LOL:

back to basics doesn't equal cohesive. And they've stayed very true to their statement. Pretty much all of the tracks we've heard aside from Globalist has been three piece rock with a simple synth melody or two, which IS classic Muse.

I still maintain the album is cohesive so far. Not cohesive on all fronts like Absolution in maintaining the same mood in every song in addition to maintaining flow, but cohesive in that Drones explores the highs, lows, and inbetweens of the protagonist's emotions while each song is produced to fit together like puzzle pieces to create an image (story) the full album will deliver. Essentially showing the band can explore different moods while still having each song come together in a cohesive way through the production. Whereas T2L was explicitly stated by the band to have a number of styles, and it was characterized by the band's deliberate attempt to produce each song as though it were a stand alone single. In that sense, there was cohesion on 0 fronts.

I still maintain the album is cohesive so far. Not cohesive on all fronts like Absolution in maintaining the same mood in every song in addition to maintaining flow, but cohesive in that Drones explores the highs, lows, and inbetweens of the protagonist's emotions while each song is produced to fit together like puzzle pieces to create an image (story) the full album will deliver. Essentially showing the band can explore different moods while still having each song come together in a cohesive way through the production. Whereas T2L was explicitly stated by the band to have a number of styles, and it was characterized by the band's deliberate attempt to produce each song as though it were a stand alone single. In that sense, there was cohesion on 0 fronts.
its been stated by the band that the concept came after the music though, so obviously any musical lack of cohesiveness is unintentional, and is simply connected through lyrics. That they explore different moods is an after-construction.

its been stated by the band that the concept came after the music though, so obviously any musical lack of cohesiveness is unintentional, and is simply connected through lyrics. That they explore different moods is an after-construction.

That was still all in the writing stages though. The music was nonetheless produced a certain way and Matt's vocals were definitely produced to fit in sonically. When people say there isn't cohesiveness between these they miss the nuances of what production actually entails and how artists make songs "sound" for lack of a better word like they all belong on the same album. It's also useless to analyze the process of how they made the music rather than the product itself; the exploration of moods is what was intended to come across to us as a part of the narrative because that's evidently how it's been presented to us, regardless whether Matt had come up with the idea early or late in the writing process.

Absolution isn't really that musically cohesive either. It's probably about the in lyrical cohesion, quality of the words aside.

It's their most sonically consistent album to date by far IMO, although the flow isnt the best. "Cohesive" doesn't necessarily entail that the songs flow well as in heavy --> heavy --> soft --> soft for example as much as it implies that the songs come together well as individual units as well as constituent parts of an album.

That was still all in the writing stages though. The music was nonetheless produced a certain way and Matt's vocals were definitely produced to fit in sonically. When people say there isn't cohesiveness between these they miss the nuances of what production actually entails and how artists make songs "sound" for lack of a better word like they all belong on the same album. It's also useless to analyze the process of how they made the music rather than the product itself; the exploration of moods is what was intended to come across to us as a part of the narrative because that's evidently how it's been presented to us, regardless whether Matt had come up with the idea early or late in the writing process.

I simply don't think slapping some black paint on a bunch of different shapes makes me forget that the shapes are not similar. (Yes I just made that analogy)

What do you mean about Matt's vocals? I've seen you mention it before but I've never seen you explain it in any way that isn't ten times more personally interpreted and baseless than any of the stuff you've accuse me of.

And I really don't see a sonic connection other than the one that is on every album ever, that they should be mixed and mastered in the same way so it doesn't sound like songs recorded and produced at different times.