Does he though? He definitely goes for 2 syllables... perhaps it's "baby" or "babe, and", but I don't see it scanning with just "babe"

I can certainly hear the first 'b' and the second is even clearer. Whether he's saying babe or baby the difference is negligible IMO...

If you look at Chris you can see him say babe/baby for sure.

Quite a bit of negativity regarding the album at the moment. For what it's worth, I like Dead Inside, Psycho and Mercy. I think I'm going to like Reapers and The Globalist too. The Handler sounds awesome - really looking forward to hearing this. Not sure about Defector from what I've heard, and I'm worried that I'm going to absolutely hate Drones. Nothing really to say about the other songs, as I don't yet know enough about them. So all in all, things looking pretty good from where I'm standing.

Also, I couldn't care less if he says 'babe', 'baby' or not in Reapers - doesn't bother me at all.

Based on the new descriptions and information, I feel like this album will be pretty disappointing in a way. The lyrics seem to be some of the worst shit Matt has ever written. Drones went from being interesting to seemingly the worst track on the album and well...I don't even know. The hype has died down, but I'm still curious to actually hear the songs.

I'm just going to assume that the album will be shit and hope they keep up the good setlists instead.

I'm just glad that "cheesy" and "bad" lyrics don't really play into if I enjoy a song or not. Also, were people expecting subtlety when it was announced that Drones was a concept album?

This whole CIA babe thing, is the reviewer sure of this or they just wrote what they think he says like we did with the live versions?

I'd assume they get to listen to the whole album and make notes of anything they find interesting (lyrics, comparisons etc). So, yeah, that'll just be what they hear, I think that particular lyric is right though.

Fuck reading that article im 10 times more hyped now. Cant wait to listen to globalist + drones

about the CIA babe thing, I dont really care and I dont understand why lyrics cants be "cheesy". Reapers is an amazing song nonetheless

Reviews have a habit of being wrong about lyrics. Best to read them selectively.

The album is structured much like the last two. 8 full songs with ~10 minutes of progressive wank tacked on.

Matt is still clearly insane. I haven't been this keen to hear his output since before Psycho was released.