I really REALLY hope the guy misheard it. Babe is such a shit word and makes for an even shittier lyric. It's sort of immersion breaking. Here we have a proper rock and roll song aaand nope contains the twattiest term of endearment under the sun. Fantastic. It doesn't even seem to fit, is he referring to Obama as his babe? I feel very awkward to once again be reminded that Bellamy reads all these hack tinfoil hat books and then takes them seriously.

/opinions

The reviewer makes it sound like Drones is a ripoff of the middle section of The Prophet's Song. We'll see just how that one goes when the time comes I suppose...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKnr_9V0K48

Not really convinced about that Reapers lyric to be honest.

As for the rest of the lyrics, they don't matter to me that much in most Muse songs. In most of the songs if you just read them on their own they sound... Not great, but Matt's delivery and how they fit into the songs typically makes them work. I think a lot of people want poetic lyrics that work on their own, but Matt has never really done that.

No, the person who "leaked it" said it was fake

Oh thanks, i didn't know

So according to the Italian review,Aftermath sounds like Dire Straits? I think it has a small chance of being good then.

It says the guitar riff at the beginning sounds a lot like Dire Straits but the song is way more U2ish, something like One.

I'm leaning towards the italian track-by-track implying that Globalist+Drones together is 13 minutes, but I think Drones will be short so I reckon Globalist will be around 11 minutes itself. Which is more than enough to satisfy me :)

What do people predict to be the entire album length? I was trying to think of the most realistic lengths of songs (just conjecture, but I don't think Defector/Revolt/Aftermath will be more than 4-5 mintues each, but I do think Reapers will be the full 6 minutes with the outro). I added them up, and I got ~51 minutes. Not as long as the last couple of albums, but longer than BHaR.

The lengths are on Musewiki, check the songs pages ;)

Not really convinced about that Reapers lyric to be honest.

As for the rest of the lyrics, they don't matter to me that much in most Muse songs. In most of the songs if you just read them on their own they sound... Not great, but Matt's delivery and how they fit into the songs typically makes them work. I think a lot of people want poetic lyrics that work on their own, but Matt has never really done that.

Yeah, I just imagine how some older lyrics would sound if we just read it in reviews. "We will hide... Build a new reality", "Watch our souls fade away", "This is the end of the world", "Don't grow up too fast and don't embrace the past", "Dark shines... making my heart feel sore, cause it's good".

Yeah, I just imagine how some older lyrics would sound if we just read it in reviews. "We will hide... Build a new reality", "Watch our souls fade away", "This is the end of the world", "Don't grow up too fast and don't embrace the past", "Dark shines... making my heart feel sore, cause it's good".

Those lyrics are in no way cheesy/cringey though IMO. Absolutely nothing like "You've got the CIA babe". Thats a completely different level of cringe right there.

Those lyrics are in no way cheesy/cringey though IMO. Absolutely nothing like "You've got the CIA babe". Thats a completely different level of cringe right there.

And I'm not convinced that's the actual lyric, considering they messed up lyrics in their T2L preview.

Well, I'm not talking about cheesiness here (and not talking about this "CIA, babe" part), just saying that Matt's lyrics almost all of the time sound generic and/or strange on its own.

And yeah, also not sure about NME journalist's hearing.