Assuming a vinyl LP for this record will hold only 15 minutes of music for Drones (although its capacity is 20 minutes odds are Muse won't pass 15 minutes on each side), that would mean that the length of the title track directly correlates with the length of The Globalist, and we've heard various reported track lengths:

The Globalist: 9 minutes --> Drones: 6 minutes

The Globalist: 10 minutes --> Drones: 5 minutes

The Globalist: 11 minutes --> Drones: 4 minutes

The Globalist: 12 minutes --> Drones: 3 minutes

So far, I trust Chris's 12 minute track length description more than Matt's.

I kind of hope it's a sweet little 1-2 minute track like Outside the Wall which I think would work with the Globalist as it sounds like it's this album's The Trial

I kind of hope it's a sweet little 1-2 minute track like Outside the Wall which I think would work with the Globalist as it sounds like it's this album's The Trial

If there's a fitting time to say it at all, it's now: Matt won't dare to say it in interviews but when I was still a young boy collaborating with the band for Psycho I heard along the grapevine (before the tracklisting was announced) that Matt thinks in his own words that this album is Muse's "The Wall".

If there's a fitting time to say it at all, it's now: Matt won't dare to say it in interviews but when I was still a young boy collaborating with the band for Psycho I heard along the grapevine (before the tracklisting was announced) that Matt thinks in his own words that this album is Muse's "The Wall".

Lol you wish, Matt

I like someone's idea of having Drones be the intro to the gigs, everything is all calm and atmospheric, until it's suddenly interrupted by the Drill Sergeant. Of course without hearing it, it's impossible to say whether or not that would work.

What? Explorers is a great song

I've always liked it a lot. Worst I can say about it is that it can be one of those songs I have to be in a particular mood for.

Well, and my boyfriend sings so loudly over it when we're together that I hear that now when I play it when he's not around.

I've listened to Explorers more than I have Animals. :unsure:

Anyways, I'm still super pumped from Drones (album) - we've heard damn near half of it, and I haven't been let down. A couple more nice tracks would be awesome, but I've been really impressed so far.

I like someone's idea of having Drones be the intro to the gigs, everything is all calm and atmospheric, until it's suddenly interrupted by the Drill Sergeant. Of course without hearing it, it's impossible to say whether or not that would work.

Given their adherence to the concept, odds are this probably won't happen although it would probably sound cool.

I love Muse, but they cannot make The Wall or anything of that calibre

It's be great if drones was in two parts and the album opened with it then it was interrupted by dead inside

(Also like The Wall)

I've always liked the way QOTSA did SFTD with the whole different radio stations thing on a journey. That was cool.

yes.

how do you like guiding light and express opinions i usually agree with? better yet, you like QOTSA AND you like guiding light? You may be 1 of 1. :D

After all these years I still can't understand all the hate towards Guiding Light and TR in general. For me TR was (and still is) one of the few albums I could listen to from start to finish without skipping anything.

After all these years I still can't understand all the hate towards Guiding Light and TR in general. For me TR was (and still is) one of the few albums I could listen to from start to finish without skipping anything.

Yep, I think it went south post-Resistance personally, not before.

TR is a hell of a lot better than T2L, but still nowhere near as good as BHAR IMO

Totally agree. Although BHAR is my favourite album because it's the one that got me into Muse.

Still think TR is a good album with some really good songs. Uprising, Resistance UD, USoE, IBTY, US, MK, Exo etc. are all good.

GL gets a lot of undeserved flak IMO. I really don't think there was a 'bad' song on that album...

Totally agree. Although BHAR is my favourite album because it's the one that got me into Muse.

Still think TR is a good album with some really good songs. Uprising, Resistance UD, USoE, IBTY, US, MK, Exo etc. are all good.

GL gets a lot of undeserved flak IMO. I really don't think there was a 'bad' song on that album...

I personally really don't like IBTY, but otherwise it's a good album, not my fav and not too many stand out tracks, but as an album it's pretty great.

Not a massive fan of the first half of the album (except USOE), but I like the second half quite a lot.

I think the reason TR gets stick is because it was the first proper decrease in quality. Going from OOS to Abso and then BHAR, people understandably had quite high hopes for it.

The problem with the last two albums is that they are musically all over the place.

Guiding Light doesn't appeal to me and IBTY still sounds ridiculous, the french breakdown is a real 'wtf?' moment

Not a massive fan of the first half of the album (except USOE), but I like the second half quite a lot.

I think the reason TR gets stick is because it was the first proper decrease in quality. Going from OOS to Abso and then BHAR, people understandably had quite high hopes for it.

I don't think it was necessarily a decrease in quality, rather a 'change of direction' musically.

I think you can divide their albums into two categories. Post/Pre Resistance.

She has had her baby Bingham in the range between "The 2nd Law" and "Drones". He loves music, the little fellow?

"He likes heavy rhythms, a 3 and a half years. Heavy rock, heavy music, the battery, I would even say the metal. Maybe the next album will beat even harder, we Muse. "

Next album confirmed metal, to please Matt's son.