Madness had a certain charm initially because it was so different. I never listen to it now, but at first I gave it a good chance.

Mercy though...it's like Muse on auto pilot. B-Side material.

I guess so! For me Madness was just a little plain. Different though, granted. Last chorus was nice.

I get what you mean with Mercy, it feels b-side-like and a little Muse-by-numbers but it's damn catchy and the guitars are big. Plus, it has a lush bass riff. Mmmm.

Maybe "Reapers" 5:30 / 6 min and "The Handler" 6 / 7 minutes.

14/15 minutes per side?

Wiki

Well we've got the official times for the songs so...

Dead Inside 4:22

Drill Seargeant 0:29

Psycho 5:16

Mercy 3:51

Reapers 6:10

The Handler 6:45

[JFK] 1:34

Defector 4:51

Revolt 3:36

Aftermath 4:39

The Globalist 9:42

Drones 5:17

Source: Some guy working on iTunes

The same person who posted that on Reddit then posted this a few days after: http://i.imgur.com/rFechJc.png

Proof - http://www.reddit.com/user/itunes_drone

I really like IBTY but so much not the French bit... Bassoon solo is epic, though!

Descriptions of this album have me so confused about what to expect, but we'll just have to wait and see. So far this album sounds like it's a million miles above T2L, though, which is great. My love for that album declined rapidly after the honeymoon period...

I'm pretty sure it's a bass clarinet.

>"official"

>some guy working on iTunes

Caveman_spongebobGvYTd.jpg

>pick one

I wonder what quote they are using for the JFK.

Matt already said in an interview it was the same clip they used for their intros during BHAR era.

I was wondering...maybe the "deep ecology" theme Matt talked about is like a lesson on how to recycle old riffs and intros

Now, seriously...where does that theme fit in the concept of the album?

??? are you joking

Deep ecology is literally the entire album. It's about the inherent worth of human beings being more important than their instrumental utility to an ends, and calls for a radical restructuring of society to support this ideology. Literally the entire narrative. Human life and servitude is not to be trifled with.

??? are you joking

Deep ecology is literally the entire album. It's about the inherent worth of human beings being more important than their instrumental utility to an ends, and calls for a radical restructuring of society to support this ideology. Literally the entire narrative. Human life and servitude is not to be trifled with.

I wasn't seeing it that way, or maybe I wasn't understanding the concept of deep ecology at all...but well, thanks for clarifying it, it wasn't making any sense at all to me

I wasn't seeing it that way, or maybe I wasn't understanding the concept of deep ecology at all...but well, thanks for clarifying it, it wasn't making any sense at all to me

To be fair I know it's a misnomer, the first time I heard it I thought it would be something along the lines of the lyrical content of Explorers with regards to the environment, but yeah it's actually way more specific than you'd think a broad sounding term like "deep ecology" would suggest.

EDIT: It refers mainly to the environment in actuality with regards to humanity's use of it and its negligence of life, but the way I described it is how Matt seems to have gone about it, just using it within the context of humanity and its own reach within itself.

To be fair I know it's a misnomer, the first time I heard it I thought it would be something along the lines of the lyrical content of Explorers with regards to the environment, but yeah it's actually way more specific than you'd think a broad sounding term like "deep ecology" would suggest.

Exactly, my first thoughts were also something related to environment, hence my confusion. I think that widens a bit the concept of the album and makes it actually deeper and complex. It's good to see it that way

>"official"

>some guy working on iTunes

Caveman_spongebobGvYTd.jpg

>pick one

Matt already said in an interview it was the same clip they used for their intros during BHAR era.

Fair enough, it's the track lengths iTunes will release at least

Oh nevermind. I see no reason as to why they would've been so keen to take the picture down if it was complete made up bullshit. Or if he's confirmed it's fake then fine, my bad, must have missed that.

EDIT: oh well I just figured he was told to take it down and then replaced it with what's official right now.

Oh nevermind. I see no reason as to why they would've been so keen to take the picture down if it was complete made up bullshit. Or if he's confirmed it's fake then fine, my bad, must have missed that.

EDIT: oh well I just figured he was told to take it down and then replaced it with what's official right now.

There is literally nothing "official" besides the hints people are discerning from the way the album is split up on the vinyl record tracking plus the 3 track lengths on iTunes right now.

There is literally nothing "official" besides the hints people are discerning from the way the album is split up on the vinyl record tracking plus the 3 track lengths on iTunes right now.

With official I now meant confirmed aka the songs actually released. Still think the fact that it was taken down as more probable for it being legit than anything, unless of course the guy explicitly said he made it all up.

With official I now meant confirmed aka the songs actually released. Still think the fact that it was taken down as more probable for it being legit than anything, unless of course the guy explicitly said he made it all up.

The guy had literally made an account minutes before posting that. He had no sources, then another 3 people started posting other track lengths themselves showing just how easy it is to fake it

The guy had literally made an account minutes before posting that. He had no sources, then another 3 people started posting other track lengths themselves showing just how easy it is to fake it

I know it's easy to fake, I just found it strange he would take it down for nothing and I don't follow reddit so had no idea it had been this mess about it. Still, my bad.