I don't think it's differing opinions that people have a problem with. It's the fact that a lot of people are outright dicks about it here. Must be tiring to be friends with some of you in "real life" if you're as negative off the board as you are on it.

And if I may, the good-bad distinction is one that is subjective? Of course it is arguable that there are objective methods to evaluate a piece of music, but I think these would be technical. In my opinion, what matters most to us as the consumers is that we enjoy the music, isn't it? And that is certainly subjective... but it definitely helps to explain why you subjectively feel that a song is good or bad... maybe you dont like DI cuz you prefer a more rock-oriented sound, for example.

Sometimes I wish people with such bold statements could back themselves up with musical knowledge, at the very least. The key words are 'bold statements.'

How about you scroll up to read my previous comment? From a fellow muso, as well, I'm fairly certain I have SOME validation in my comment to say that I think the song is good, or has good aspects.
You don't need musical knowledge to dislike songs strongly :erm:

Quite pretentious to invalidate opinions you don't agree with because they're subjective. Your opinion isn't any more objective just because you care to explain what it is that you like about it.

Not to mention that these are people who have been members of the board for a long time. After a certain number of years it becomes tiresome to have to repeat why you dislike or like a song simply because someone wants you to explain why something is bad.

I was thinking, the tracklist appearing on Spotify could indicate that a streaming is in our way? I hope that today we will get an album streaming, not just one song. I think 4 songs is enough... And I don't think I'll have enough strength to not listen to it :LOL:.

About Big Freeze, I think it's one of the worst songs Muse have ever done. I admit that Matt vocals are great in the song, but the rest of it is very weak. Guitars, bassline, drums, and the backing vocals are ridiculous and cheesy. And too much U2 :LOL:

Damn, I wish messageboards had voteban feature. Some people are way too toxic, even by Muse Messageboard standards.

Sometimes I wish people with such bold statements could back themselves up with musical knowledge, at the very least. The key words are 'bold statements.'

:LOL: ok

For the record, I'm really not arsed whether people like certain songs or not. I was just saying I hate Big Freeze.

And if I may, the good-bad distinction is one that is subjective? Of course it is arguable that there are objective methods to evaluate a piece of music, but I think these would be technical. In my opinion, what matters most to us as the consumers is that we enjoy the music, isn't it? And that is certainly subjective... but it definitely helps to explain why you subjectively feel that a song is good or bad... maybe you dont like DI cuz you prefer a more rock-oriented sound, for example.

If only people could be that clear to just say WHY they don't like it in a somewhat comprehendible way for the general public.

It's not that at all - it's the fact that some people are incredibly stubborn (and unjustified) and rude.

This board is full of people like that. When I joined in 2003 it was a cool and fun place. Everyone was nice to each other!

12 years on and there are now far too many people who try to be funny by being really rude. They think they are above everyone else

I don't think it's differing opinions that people have a problem with. It's the fact that a lot of people are outright dicks about it here. Must be tiring to be friends with some of you in "real life" if you're as negative off the board as you are on it.

Agreed!

This board is full of people like that. When I joined in 2003 it was a cool and fun place. Everyone was nice to each other!

12 years on and there are now far too many people who try to be funny by being really rude. They think they are above everyone else

Thanks for sharing (I mean this genuinely - NOT sarcastic haha) - makes me feel horrible NOT knowing about Muse or the messageboard 12 years ago.

hey guys

we all like the same band here

some people like the newer stuff, some people dont

lets not argue about something that is obviously subjective, and personally a waste of energy

Especially when new energy cannot be created and high-grade energy is being destroyed.

Anyway let's all lighten up! A new Muse song might drop in an hour and there is a chance it might actually be good!

fecg.jpg