Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think you've actually read any of her recent lyrics.

Inorite?

This song proves to me that Matt can still write something I can relate to almost as much as Showbiz, even if he does it in his more modern-era-Muse-clumsy way. This song hits pretty close to home for me, personally.

I think what people fail to understand is that he just doesn't write lyrics as eloquently as he used to. The last good album that was lyrically strong in that sense was BHAR. We're past that stage. It doesn't mean that the content of the lyrics can't still be good.

You talk sense.

Get off the board.

:LOL:

Like others have said, I'm pretty sure the point of this being the first song is because it's a transition from their sound from the last few years to something heavier.

It's much more dark than their usual pop songs, so if anything I'd say it bodes well for the rest of the album.

Agreed.

Back to the roots...:LOL:

Upon first listen I was disappointed just because I was kind of shocked that it wasn't a rock song. But I am loving this song. It's a great blend of styles, all done well imo. I love it more as it goes on, besides the 4 chord instrumental section. This definitely makes me feel more than anything off the last two albums. It has made me actually care about how the story with this character develops.

got a 4 hour transit wait at Istanbul airport (terrible airport by the way). reading through these pages make the wait easier. :LOL:

Was listening to it on repeat on the plane and I have to admit it's starting to grow on me. although I still can't get over "the greatest guy"! maybe on the next flight ...

Was listening to it on repeat on the plane and I have to admit it's starting to grow on me. although I still can't get over "the greatest guy"! maybe on the next flight ...

I thought that at first, but I've grown to like it :happy:

The only slight cringe lyric for me is "unleash a million drones" :$

On another note I disputed warner's claim on my cover on youtube saying

"you only own the mechanical rights to this record and the composition belongs to the Bend only, so get off my case and spend your time and money on something else that actually benefits you. "

and guess what, it's back up :D

yeah I really like the harmonies and smoothness in "drones" alone.

Yeah, got to admit that's sung damn well.

I really just hope this album is not just gonna auto-include its title into every song, though it seems likely thus far :LOL:

Also, roughly 19.5 % percent of the voters dislike the song. I think Musers really wanted something different from T2L this time around but were simply not prepared for the transition track...

Yup, the whole song builds to those last two lines for me.

I'd say it builds to the "My lips feel warm to the touch" line. It's the most emotional part of the song. Because of the contrast with the first half of the song, you know that he's becoming a "drone". Poor guy :LOL: