I'm not saying the clip wasn't effective, I'm saying the video would have even more of an effect. Or do you honestly believe that anyone who wasn't that interested prior to that teaser wouldn't watch the video otherwise?

No, you're missing what I;m saying.

Yes, they (and I) would watch the video anyway.

this clip increased the excitement for the video release.

Why do you think movies get so many teasers these days? To generate excitement for the trailer.

This clip is the teaser to the trailer, which is the song.

It just creates more excitement for the video itself.

No, you're missing what I;m saying.

Yes, they (and I) would watch the video anyway.

this clip increased the excitement for the video release.

Why do you think movies get so many teasers these days? To generate excitement for the trailer.

This clip is the teaser to the trailer, which is the song.

It just creates more excitement for the video itself.

I don't think you get the purpose of teasers and trailers. It's all about reaching an audience and ensuring that they buy tickets. Why would they care if you're excited to see the movie if you're gonna see it anyway?

I don't think you get the purpose of teasers and trailers. It's all about reaching an audience and ensuring that they buy tickets. Why would they care if you're excited to see the movie if you're gonna see it anyway?

Because they don't know every person on this earth intimately to have the knowledge of who is and who is not going to see the movie or buy an album.

Why would anyone advertise anything if people are always just going to buy what they want?

Marketing creates desire.

Just as it did in my case as I've stated.

Because they don't know every person on this earth intimately to have the knowledge of who is and who is not going to see the movie or buy an album.

Why would anyone advertise anything if people are always just going to buy what they want?

Marketing creates desire.

Just as it did in my case as I've stated.

Hence my point that anyone who follows what Muse do on instagram will obviously follow what videos they put up on Youtube. You're not reaching a new market.

My point was simple: I'd easily sacrifice some excitement from a teaser when it meant I'd be caught by surprise by the whole song.

Hence my point that anyone who follows what Muse do on instagram will obviously follow what videos they put up on Youtube. You're not reaching a new market.

My point was simple: I'd easily sacrifice some excitement from a teaser when it meant I'd be caught by surprise by the whole song.

I don't even have instgram.

You're looking at it from what you want.

You need to look at it from what they want.

The only reason I am on this forum this week is because of that clip.

the only reason that everyone in my life around me knows about the single, the artwork, the track coming today, the tour and the release date is because of that clip. And I doubt that I am a single case.

Edited by PeedgeMcDuck

Word of mouth marketing. You would be amazed by the number of people I shared those videos with. None followers of muse and they are not looking forward for album.

I get both sides of this. I do have Instagram and this video alone hyped me up and made me expect some sort of announcement soon.

However I also understand that only existing Muse fans are going to check the video, and that having an album and single announcement out of nowhere would be just as exciting.

EDIT: as you said, we're back on forums because of the clip. But I'm pretty sure I'd still log in and talk about it to my friends if it was a surprise announcement, maybe even go more crazy.

Neither do I, not sure what it has to do with anything. You can still follow what they do. You know, in the traditional sense of the word.

And that's why I keep repeating that they don't gain anything from a teaser. They want more people to see the video, but do you honestly believe that there are fans who would miss/skip the video on Youtube if it wasn't for instagram? And among non-fans, the video alone surely is what gets their attention.

Neither do I, not sure what it has to do with anything. You can still follow what they do. You know, in the traditional sense of the word.

And that's why I keep repeating that they don't gain anything from a teaser. They want more people to see the video, but do you honestly believe that there are fans who would miss/skip the video on Youtube if it wasn't for instagram? And among non-fans, the video alone surely is what gets their attention.

You're right, you know better than they do how to market themselves.

You should probably let them know that so you can run their marketing campaigns for them...

Word of mouth marketing. You would be amazed by the number of people I shared those videos with. None followers of muse and they are not looking forward for album.
Not sure why this is a hard concept to understand. I'm not saying instagram can't reach new people, I'm saying the actual Youtube video could do the exact same thing.

Scenario 1: Someone hears about the teaser, checks it out and because of that, decides to watch the video when it arrives.

Scenario 2: Someone hears about the video, checks it out.

Yeah, I feel like the teaser was less of an advertisement to others as more of a way to give fans a hint of what's to come. Sure it generated some hype, but it didn't really gain them new fans since only their fans would see it in their Instagram feed. If anything it was specifically made just to let fans in on the new sound.

Not sure why this is a hard concept to understand. I'm not saying instagram can't reach new people, I'm saying the actual Youtube video could do the exact same thing.

Scenario 1: Someone hears about the teaser, checks it out and because of that, decides to watch the video when it arrives.

Scenario 2: Someone hears about the video, checks it out.

The video can't create pre-excitement for the video.

That's what the clip is for.

You're right, you know better than they do how to market themselves.

You should probably let them know that so you can run their marketing campaigns for them...

Assuming what they did was to market themselves, and not just a treat/way to excite the fans.

But I guess you know exactly why they do what they do. (See, I can play that game too)

The video can't create pre-excitement for the video.

That's what the clip is for.

But you don't need pre-excitement if the video does the exact same job. How is this not obvious? You can send someone a video just as well as...a video teasing about a video.

And fans like you who weren't very interested about this album would Watch the video just as well as the...video teasing the video. Hence nothing is gained.